• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Would is a ‘strong’ and untrue statement. AZ were joint top with Ajax with 9 games to go. They could’ve won the title but remember underdogs often tend to fade away at the business end of the season as Arsenal are showing in the PL at the moment.

and Nuno…. And Stellini….

It’s 100% clear that the chairman doesn’t give the manager time at Spurs, surely you don’t disagree with that?

He is going to have to moving forward or it will well and truly all fall apart. For the record I don't think we are in an un reversible situation as long as we get things right in the summer....as I said previously with this new structure coming in I hold that hope. But its all only going to work IF they bring in a Slot and afford him the time he would need.

The hope for me is that the appointment of Munn and therefore someone to solely look over the football operation means this may happen. We will find out soon enough

Last edited:
Would is a ‘strong’ and untrue statement. AZ were joint top with Ajax with 9 games to go. They could’ve won the title but remember underdogs often tend to fade away at the business end of the season as Arsenal are showing in the PL at the moment.

and Nuno…. And Stellini….

It’s 100% clear that the chairman doesn’t give the manager time at Spurs, surely you don’t disagree with that?
They beat Ajax in Amsterdam and we’re on the way up
Kinda like we have seen with city recently
The chasers win
Bug of course… it never happened
Not saying that rules favour the bigger side or anything

Mail reporting that Feyenoord are going to offer Slot a new deal (£2.5m p.a.) to stay

There are calls here to 'spend the club's entire CL windfall on a new contract for Slot'. Yesterday, Slot emphasized that he 'still has a two-year contract', but more as a mantra than as a commitment of any kind. Feyenoord is making the obvious noises in the wake of an unexpected title success, but they seem resigned to losing him this summer.

There are calls here to 'spend the club's entire CL windfall on a new contract for Slot'. Yesterday, Slot emphasized that he 'still has a two-year contract', but more as a mantra than as a commitment of any kind. Feyenoord is making the obvious noises in the wake of an unexpected title success, but they seem resigned to losing him this summer.
'We pushed for him to stay'
'We pulled out all the stops to get him to sign'
'We offered him the biggest contract ever for a Feyernord manager'
'We just couldn't persuade him'

......clubs doing what clubs do.

I'm not arguing for or against whether Levy is the same or different from other chairmen at football clubs. I'm stating that a manager like Slot is likely to need time and patience at Spurs as his way of playing is as different as can be from the football our players have been coached to play for the past 4 years and we have a lot of gaps in the team at present to be able to successfully implement his system. I am also making the point that our chairman doesn't tend to show managers patience and give them time.

The 'continuity' candidate for our manager's job is clearly Amorim. Amorim would likely need a lot less time and personnel changes to get a tune out of Spurs. If Levy isn't going to give the new manager time and license to be outside of the top 8 in the league then he probably needs to go after Amorim. There is no point in getting a manager like Slot if time isn't going to be given and looking back at past decisions I don't see anything that indicates the chairman is prepared to give a manager time.

Remember also that most clubs are already planning (and even executing) transfer deals for next season. Brighton have struck a deal to buy Joao Pedro from Watford. Brentford have struck a deal to sign Mark Flekken from Freiburg. We don't even yet have a DoF in place so can't really even start planning our required signings for next season.

Any manager needs time and that's a commodity which is scarce in football, nobody is prepared to give 2/3 seasons without a pot, the fans and media demand it. We need a manager with the balls to say I have a plan and need 3 seasons to build the team I see and then back him. Our last two managers are the type who want ready made solutions and when they fail cry that they never got what they wanted.
We are at a critical stage in our history, many clubs who are more attractive to "stars" need to strengthen their squad but we have more deadwood than most and a rebuild is not going to be sorted by Christmas.
A goal keeper, centreback and creative player are not going to make us into top 4 contenders as many think, be prepared for some tough times.

It's up to the DoF to shift the deadwood not the manager. If the manager doesn't have alternatives to Sanchez or Dier then he has to use them.
It's why getting the DoF sorted is as important as getting the manager sorted.

No not really, it's up to the manager to decide who is in his plans and who he would like to sell on. After that it's in the clubs hands to help the manager whether it be your chum levy or the DoF, or even the player sales executive and his assistant along with the dinner lady.

If he is forced to play them then there is something wrong

Any manager needs time and that's a commodity which is scarce in football, nobody is prepared to give 2/3 seasons without a pot, the fans and media demand it. We need a manager with the balls to say I have a plan and need 3 seasons to build the team I see and then back him. Our last two managers are the type who want ready made solutions and when they fail cry that they never got what they wanted.
We are at a critical stage in our history, many clubs who are more attractive to "stars" need to strengthen their squad but we have more deadwood than most and a rebuild is not going to be sorted by Christmas.
A goal keeper, centreback and creative player are not going to make us into top 4 contenders as many think, be prepared for some tough times.
I think 2/3 additions make a huge difference under the right manager
People are forgetting how bad the last coaches have been for these players
Conte didn’t sue his squad at all. That’s football spicier in the modern game. His lack of rotation meant players who were clearly struggle for more and more exposed and never got a break

for Jose it was him exposing his weak links tactically

We have seen with the right appointments how to quickly things can change elsewhere but our fans don’t think like that…

No not really, it's up to the manager to decide who is in his plans and who he would like to sell on. After that it's in the clubs hands to help the manager whether it be your chum levy or the DoF, or even the player sales executive and his assistant along with the dinner lady.

No one is forced to play anyone though
It’s a choice

Conte didn’t sue his squad at all. That’s football spicier in the modern game. His lack of rotation meant players who were clearly struggle for more and more exposed and never got a break

We have seen with the right appointments how to quickly things can change elsewhere but our fans don’t think like that…

2/3 players will improve the starting XI but squad will still be weak.

It's the DoFs job to buy and sell players, not the managers (nor the dinner lad, it's a bloke doing it now, stop being sexist, he's only in charge of their fitness). The manager will have input but after that, it's not his responsibility.

seeing as things went to brick under Nuno, Poch, AVB….

we need to stop blaming the manager, the problem is on the pitch

Back