• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
It’s why I respect Levy. He gets things wrong but he’s got some backbone to go the harder route here. You’re right that it could be the end of him if he gets it wrong. For all I stick up for Levy, I don’t really care if he leaves. My worry is that if he does then we turn into Everton or we turn into Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I want neither, am much more content with the neither here nor there pattern we’re in at the moment.

I digress. At the risk of boring everyone on here, Postecoglu is my pick. The closest thing to Poch that’s out there (as far as my knowledge extends)

He equally may have got more respect in swallowing his pride and listening to the fans. But let's see.

It’s why I respect Levy. He gets things wrong but he’s got some backbone to go the harder route here. You’re right that it could be the end of him if he gets it wrong. For all I stick up for Levy, I don’t really care if he leaves. My worry is that if he does then we turn into Everton or we turn into Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I want neither, am much more content with the neither here nor there pattern we’re in at the moment.

I digress. At the risk of boring everyone on here, Postecoglu is my pick. The closest thing to Poch that’s out there (as far as my knowledge extends)

And what do you think Postecoglu can achieve with us over lets say a 5 year spell, considering how we operate and how competitive the league is becoming?

As an aside if like dubspur your main priority is to just play good football again then feel free to let us know that too.

but we don’t know anything, and only care about a tiny slither of the enterprise he is responsible for

But we all know that pochettino is / was an ideal candidate going on his record and previous ... the tiny slither that fans care about is most important to them and that is the football on the pitch.

But we all know that pochettino is / was an ideal candidate going on his record and previous ... the tiny slither that fans care about is most important to them and that is the football on the pitch.

Only the most important to us, the club employ 750 people, Levy has a responsibility to them too, which I doubt any of us give any thought to.

We don’t know what happened behind the scenes in Poch’s last 12 months, we do know performances went to brick.

Levy has magnitudes more info than we do.

Only the most important to us, the club employ 750 people, Levy has a responsibility to them too, which I doubt any of us give any thought to.

We don’t know what happened behind the scenes in Poch’s last 12 months, we do know performances went to brick.

Levy has magnitudes more info than we do.

That's all quite obvious stuff there, but without the fans there is no club. No money coming in ... nothing.

I'm not saying that fans know everything behind running a football club, but what fans do know is football in varying levels. There are many ex players, coaches, scouts etc who have a valid opinion as fans.

What record and what previous?
Have we got better or worse since he left?
Has he?

That's all quite obvious stuff there, but without the fans there is no club. No money coming in ... nothing.

I'm not saying that fans know everything behind running a football club, but what fans do know is football in varying levels. There are many ex players, coaches, scouts etc who have a valid opinion as fans.

And what have those ex players/coaches/scouts said about getting Poch back?

Only one’s I’m aware of pushing for it were his golfing mates.

Which doesn’t invalidate their opinion, but adds context.

We don’t even know he would have taken it to be fair.

What record and what previous?
Have we got better or worse since he left?
Has he?

You don't know or being ignorant?

His record and points post fans were brilliant. His development of players, brilliant.

Most were saying that he needs to win a title and then come back to us (which was very egotistical and pompous by the way) ... but he's for that albeit at PSG.

You tell me are we better now than when he was the manager?

You don't know or being ignorant?

His record and points post fans were brilliant. His development of players, brilliant.

Most were saying that he needs to win a title and then come back to us (which was very egotistical and pompous by the way) ... but he's for that albeit at PSG.

You tell me are we better now than when he was the manager?
I think we are not actually that different TBH
Our average league position will be one one place lower I think and that’s not taking into account where we were when he left us
What we don’t know is how he is now
I know at psg their fans really didn’t rate him but they don’t ever seem to rate anyone

Last edited:
Why is he?

In my view because:
- he plays a decent brand of football
- he's more proven than most other candidates (most other names linked have many fewer seasons under their belt, so less time for their weaknesses to become apparent)
- he'd have the backing of the fans
- he's a decent person
- he's closest to a big name and therefore will command the respect of players and be able to attract players

Last edited:
In my view because:
- he plays a decent brand of football
- he's more proven than most other candidates (most other names linked have many more seasons under their belt, so less time for their weaknesses to become apparent)
- he'd have the backing of the fans
- he's a decent person
- he's closest to a big name and therefore will command the respect of players and be able to attract players
See now they are all fair arguments
No one wants to actually put the arguments out there, just it’s Poch

See now they are all fair arguments
No one wants to actually put the arguments out there, just it’s Poch

Thanks. And Levy will also take emotion out of things and looks at rationale arguments.

Its why I struggle to see how he couldn't have any or many above him in the pecking order, particularly given the strong rumours about going for him 2 years ago whilst at PSG

Back