• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I have a few friends on the south coast and they couldnt be happier with De Zerbi and think Potters work had run its course.

De Zerbis bright look to dominate the team with posession and attacking football. Potters were to hold tight and play wide with AMs cutting in to help attack.

Can you refer me to the stats please would be an interesting read, point I've highlighted in bold
Just look at the results
I posted them not that long ago
When he left them they were 4th
It’s normal revisionism to suit the new guy is better.
I rate De Zerbi. He was doing great things at his previous clubs
But he hasn’t made them actually any better
They score more and concede more
They will end up Imo exactly where they would have under Potter. For them it would be a huge step up.

The main reason is because he made us play some of the best football seen at the lane, his character and how close we were to achieving. That feel good factor ...
He still couldn't get us over the line. I wouldn't be against him coming back, still think it's a bit too soon though.

He still couldn't get us over the line. I wouldn't be against him coming back, still think it's a bit too soon though.

With proper backing and finances, I think it would have been worth going for.

I think he would have been perfect for clearing out the deadwood in the team, blooding some young players in also.

His biggest achievement was over achieving massively with the constraints put on him by the chairman. He should have got to enjoy, on merit, the stadium with money to spend and rebuild.
I agree
He should have been given more time
He also benefited from inheriting so many great players that worked and blended so well with his coaching
One issue was and is… his buys were generally poor. Can’t say who was at fault of course and there will be loads of conjecture but of the players brought under him, not enough were or are a success for the investment.
But the players who were here that he took to another level over compensated for that which is why we were fudging great

With proper backing and finances, I think it would have been worth going for.

I think he would have been perfect for clearing out the deadwood in the team, blooding some young players in also.
Would rather wait until there are no players left from his first time here.

I agree
He should have been given more time
He also benefited from inheriting so many great players that worked and blended so well with his coaching
One issue was and is… his buys were generally poor. Can’t say who was at fault of course and there will be loads of conjecture but of the players brought under him, not enough were or are a success for the investment.
But the players who were here that he took to another level over compensated for that which is why we were fudging great
Buying players is a big question mark over him. It should be taken out of his hands anyway if the new structure is kept in place.

Buying players is a big question mark over him. It should be taken out of his hands anyway if the new structure is kept in place.
I don’t think he was buying the players
But he was part of the collective of course
But his strength is coaching
I’m not sure he is amazing tactically. Didn’t see that here IMO. When he experimented we came up short. That could be the players of course
But he does know how he wants to play and he does know how to maximise what he has

I just get the feeling we going round in circles.
The Dof picking managers the players won't buy into, the managers we want won't come because of the DOF or the club structures.
Throw in munn and it's just becoming too many people all with different ideas trying to get thier view accepted.
Wonder if the players committee is given a chance to air their opinions.

I just get the feeling we going round in circles.
The Dof picking managers the players won't buy into, the managers we want won't come because of the DOF or the club structures.
Throw in munn and it's just becoming too many people all with different ideas trying to get thier view accepted.
Wonder if the players committee is given a chance to air their opinions.

I hate the idea of this players committee, they are the bottom of the chain of command who should be doing what they are fudging told.

As for buying into managers, it’s their job, that’s what the money is for, following coaching instructions.

Ok, may be a slight exaggeration, but it would've been one of the main reasons I think that Levy would've done it.

Given the level of angst towards Levy, it’s actually quite remarkable that he’s refused this easy way out.

I’d have been more than happy with Poch, but I’m also not that fussed that we’ve chosen to move on. Him going to Chelsea definitely sours it further, but there’s no way that’s a good enough reason to bring him back.

Given the level of angst towards Levy, it’s actually quite remarkable that he’s refused this easy way out.

I’d have been more than happy with Poch, but I’m also not that fussed that we’ve chosen to move on. Him going to Chelsea definitely sours it further, but there’s no way that’s a good enough reason to bring him back.
But levy caht afford for the next guy to fail
There is no guarantee with Poch of success as the same fans that wa yes hom gone before and still here and with short memories
They would quickly flip

I hate the idea of this players committee, they are the bottom of the chain of command who should be doing what they are fudging told.

As for buying into managers, it’s their job, that’s what the money is for, following coaching instructions.
It's just a few players to represent the players, just like in most jobs there will be a few to represent the employees, in order to have one voice on topics that their input is needed etc.
They won't have any input into the DoF etc.

It's just a few players to represent the players, just like in most jobs there will be a few to represent the employees, in order to have one voice on topics that their input is needed etc.
They won't have any input into the DoF etc.

Will be the same or something similar at every club in the country but it gives another excuse to moan about the players for those that want it

But levy caht afford for the next guy to fail
There is no guarantee with Poch of success as the same fans that wa yes hom gone before and still here and with short memories
They would quickly flip

There’s no guarantee of success with anyone (obviously) but Poch would immediately take the heat off Levy. Out of the other candidates, only Nagelsmann would could close from that perspective. There will be fans kicking off big time if (when) we get Slot or someone like him. Hence I think it’s quite remarkable that he’s given Poch a miss.

There’s no guarantee of success with anyone (obviously) but Poch would immediately take the heat off Levy. Out of the other candidates, only Nagelsmann would could close from that perspective. There will be fans kicking off big time if (when) we get Slot or someone like him. Hence I think it’s quite remarkable that he’s given Poch a miss.
I just think the adage about not going back
Poch had his time. We loved it. We move on
Nagelsmann is more interesting but again we don’t the reasons. I do think he is an arse but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a great coach of course
We don’t know what demands he may have had but his CV isn’t on par with conte or Jose and they didn’t have things their way.
The key with these managers is who they go to next to see who desirable they really are

I think he close to digging his own grave with that decision.

I think the appointment of naglesmann would have softened the stance on not getting in Poch somewhat. I would have had my reservations in naglesmann but he looked on paper an ideal candidate.

My own feelings are that I've lost faith in Levys vision and recruitment of managers as you well know ha.

But I'd be prepared to see slot come in over Mason. There are many managers out there with some pedigree but A) they need to fit the levy/ spurs model and B) try to build the club again.

Both aspects are difficult in itself but the squad needs a massive refresh ... I think the next appointment will not last long enough to see it through unless there is a pochettino like manager or there ...

Anyone got any suggestions outside of de zerbi and slot currently?

I think he close to digging his own grave with that decision.

I think the appointment of naglesmann would have softened the stance on not getting in Poch somewhat. I would have had my reservations in naglesmann but he looked on paper an ideal candidate.

My own feelings are that I've lost faith in Levys vision and recruitment of managers as you well know ha.

But I'd be prepared to see slot come in over Mason. There are many managers out there with some pedigree but A) they need to fit the levy/ spurs model and B) try to build the club again.

Both aspects are difficult in itself but the squad needs a massive refresh ... I think the next appointment will not last long enough to see it through unless there is a pochettino like manager or there ...

Anyone got any suggestions outside of de zerbi and slot currently?

It’s why I respect Levy. He gets things wrong but he’s got some backbone to go the harder route here. You’re right that it could be the end of him if he gets it wrong. For all I stick up for Levy, I don’t really care if he leaves. My worry is that if he does then we turn into Everton or we turn into Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I want neither, am much more content with the neither here nor there pattern we’re in at the moment.

I digress. At the risk of boring everyone on here, Postecoglu is my pick. The closest thing to Poch that’s out there (as far as my knowledge extends)

Back