• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Ah yes, good old Ally Gold. Here he is offering the 'truth' on the Nagelsman situation then you read the article and it's just him offering guesswork on what happened. As he proved with the manager debacle when we ended up appointing Nuno he has very little access to the real sensitive Spurs info, he has only ever proved particularly accurate when it comes to getting titbits for team news.....

He says that the club was providing info to journos on Friday evening about Nagelsmann

He says that the club was providing info to journos on Friday evening about Nagelsmann
Yes, we all knew that bit? He just offers his opinion on what maybe happened, he doesn't have any actual insight on it.

I have nothing against the guy, I had never heard of him until 3 or so years ago a few on here were going on about him and how reliable he was so started listening to what he was saying. Just ends up being mostly fluff except for the odd piece of team news or other low value pieces of information. His reliability for transfers/manager appointments has proven no better than other standard media outlets....

Yes, we all knew that bit? He just offers his opinion on what maybe happened, he doesn't have any actual insight on it.

I have nothing against the guy, I had never heard of him until 3 or so years ago a few on here were going on about him and how reliable he was so started listening to what he was saying. Just ends up being mostly fluff except for the odd piece of team news or other low value pieces of information. His reliability for transfers/manager appointments has proven no better than other standard media outlets....

I partly agree with you. I've been reading his stuff for a similar time period and once thing I noticed in that time is that he's writing/posting a lot more frequently than 3 years ago, meaning that, to your point, more of his stuff has become fluff and padding in order to fill up the word count

However the Nagelsmann briefing did seem to come from the club which suggests that the core notion that he rejected us is true

Moving on, we're now c.7 weeks post a manage departure and the list of exciting candidates remains short. I wanted Poch, now hoping that we land Slot (and soon) but fear that we end up with Potter

Don't know how you listen to him, his podcasts are terrible. It feels like 90% of it is sighs or fake pained expressions with little content beyond fluff.

I partly agree with you. I've been reading his stuff for a similar time period and once thing I noticed in that time is that he's writing/posting a lot more frequently than 3 years ago, meaning that, to your point, more of his stuff has become fluff and padding in order to fill up the word count

However the Nagelsmann briefing did seem to come from the club which suggests that the core notion that he rejected us is true

Moving on, we're now c.7 weeks post a manage departure and the list of exciting candidates remains short. I wanted Poch, now hoping that we land Slot (and soon) but fear that we end up with Potter
The club “put it” to every single journo and then all reported it
Ally gold did too
First one I heard with the “news” if you call it that was Dan Kilpatrick of the standard
This was all about the club getting comms out before anyone else did

The club “put it” to every single journo and then all reported it
Ally gold did too
First one I heard with the “news” if you call it that was Dan Kilpatrick of the standard
This was all about the club getting comms out before anyone else did

Agree and Dan K was the first one I heard too

Don't know how you listen to him, his podcasts are terrible. It feels like 90% of it is sighs or fake pained expressions with little content beyond fluff.
Ah, when I say listen I mean to his tweets and articles - I've never found myself wanting to go beyond that with him as he doesn't really add much IMO. Clearly all about click rates with him but there are plenty who lap it up. I dont doubt he has a contact inside the club who passes on the odd bit of info in good faith but nothing of real significance. And that's the way it should be, don't want us having any real leaks....

So based on what we know now (Poch and Nagelsmann seemingly ruled out) what are people's best case and expected for our next manager based on those realistic names? Mine are:

Best case: Slot
Expected: Potter

The challenge with landing Slot will be if he wants to lead his team in the CL, and manage in the CL soon more generally.

Ali gold has the face for radio and speaks so much guff its unreal. He's made a career of fluffing little low hanging fruit snippets.

There are a good few comments over the last 10 pages questioning that, if we wanted him then, what has changed since we allegedly spoke Poch at PSG. There are also some comments that some fear we may end up with Potter.

Prior to Conte, people were also wondering if Poch back was too early and a good number (me included) would have gladly had Potter at that point.

So, what's changed? If it isn't going to be Poch, would Potter suddenly be a bad appointment? Is it that folks question that his teams don't score or that he has never been given strikers?

So based on what we know now (Poch and Nagelsmann seemingly ruled out) what are people's best case and expected for our next manager based on those realistic names? Mine are:

Best case: Slot
Expected: Potter

The challenge with landing Slot will be if he wants to lead his team in the CL, and manage in the CL soon more generally.

I think we will get slot so Levy can finally realise his dream of being in the dugout managing the team ... baldies unite!

There are a good few comments over the last 10 pages questioning that, if we wanted him then, what has changed since we allegedly spoke Poch at PSG. There are also some comments that some fear we may end up with Potter.

Prior to Conte, people were also wondering if Poch back was too early and a good number (me included) would have gladly had Potter at that point.

So, what's changed? If it isn't going to be Poch, would Potter suddenly be a bad appointment? Is it that folks question that his teams don't score or that he has never been given strikers?

I believe its because Potter couldn't handle being at Chelsea (not all his fault) but even worse is, since he left Brighton ... De Zerbi has got that team motoring and with aplomb. He's making Potter look very basic.

I wouldn't mind Potter, still think he's an excellent coach, just think he was dealing with a brick show at Chelsea. They spent a fortune on the squad but their is no balance, they failed to get a goalscorer or a top quality goalkeeper.
I doubt Potter had any say in the players and there's too many players to work with properly.

The only reason to bring back Poch would've been to appease the fans which isn't the right reason.

I wouldn't mind Potter, still think he's an excellent coach, just think he was dealing with a brick show at Chelsea. They spent a fortune on the squad but their is no balance, they failed to get a goalscorer or a top quality goalkeeper.
I doubt Potter had any say in the players and there's too many players to work with properly.

The only reason to bring back Poch would've been to appease the fans which isn't the right reason.
Potter is great
Imagine him with actual strikers at his disposal
But.. our fans would start of with so much resentment for him it would be an issue

I believe its because Potter couldn't handle being at Chelsea (not all his fault) but even worse is, since he left Brighton ... De Zerbi has got that team motoring and with aplomb. He's making Potter look very basic.
He really isn’t
I mean statistically Brighton have been getting and better under potter
And potters start this season, points goals scored and conceded is better than what de Zerbi has done
But… because they score more and now concede more everyone thinks it’s better

no manager can handle Chelsea. Not with 35 players. It’s a shambles
Having players sat in different rooms for example

Really? That's the only reason?

De Zebri has built on the foundations that Potter laid. Chris Hughton was the manager before Potter and played terrible negative football. Potter quickly changed that and got them playing on the front foot. The only thing that Potter's Brighton was missing was someone to put the ball in the net. He was stuck with Maupay who is one of the worst strikers I've seen in the PL.
That's not taking away from the work that De Zebri has done, he looks like a great manager as well.

He really isn’t
I mean statistically Brighton have been getting and better under potter
And potters start this season, points goals scored and conceded is better than what de Zerbi has done
But… because they score more and now concede more everyone thinks it’s better

no manager can handle Chelsea. Not with 35 players. It’s a shambles
Having players sat in different rooms for example

I have a few friends on the south coast and they couldnt be happier with De Zerbi and think Potters work had run its course.

De Zerbis bright look to dominate the team with posession and attacking football. Potters were to hold tight and play wide with AMs cutting in to help attack.

Can you refer me to the stats please would be an interesting read, point I've highlighted in bold

Back