• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Looks like Feyenoord will have the title wrapped up tomorrow afternoon (assuming they win). Therefore if Slot is our preferred candidate it should be a lot easier from next week to engage with Feyenoord and Slot

Have we actually made any bad appointments?

Have we ever finished wildly away from where we’d be expected to based on spend?

Some have obviously been more successful than others, but the overall variance is reasonably small.

I haven’t made any claims of the sort. We’ve made some bad managerial appointments. But I could see the logic in Mourinho and Conte.

The point was that if you’re going to criticise for missing out on LVG and other first choice managers then you have to accept the positive that came from it. Never said anything about “mastermind” - seems like you have a problem reading and understanding what I write.

What was the logic exactly behind Mourinho and Conte? They both spend big money to deliver ...

Have we ever finished wildly away from where we’d be expected to based on spend?

Some have obviously been more successful than others, but the overall variance is reasonably small.

So are you suggesting that if we spend more money we would be more successful? Harry, Poch and Jol were not really able to spend, in some cases it was a negative net spend.

What was the logic exactly behind Mourinho and Conte? They both spend big money to deliver ...

Captain Hindsight then. I guess you predicted every manager would fail? Given your general mood there’s a pretty good chance of that. It’s so fudging boring.

Captain Hindsight then. I guess you predicted every manager would fail? Given your general mood there’s a pretty good chance of that. It’s so fudging boring.
I see the vibe is that Arne Slots been booked marked for failure already, its laughable really

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

No there is no captain hindsight ... anyone who follows football knows the fact that mourinho and Conte spend big to achieve success ... when do spurs under Enic do that? Like out spend the competition?

My general mood is great, my thoughts of the current climate at spurs not so much.

Soo boring that you chose to reply to some points but not all. Now if you are bored of it ... you know you can jog on.

No there is no captain hindsight ... anyone who follows football knows the fact that mourinho and Conte spend big to achieve success ... when do spurs under Enic do that? Like out spend the competition?

My general mood is great, my thoughts of the current climate at spurs not so much.

Soo boring that you chose to reply to some points but not all. Now if you are bored of it ... you know you can jog on.

We spent pretty big under Conte, did we not? We would have under Mourinho too, if not for COVID. Can’t believe Levy would organise a pandemic too.

Yeh it's an interesting point as no one on face value bar a few were poor appointments at the time. Hindsight helps judge them but their actual appointments at the time, most off the top of my head came with decent CVs and or logical reasons. The argument then obviously becomes why there were not more successful I suppose.

If you are also talking time of appointment I wouldn't have Hoddle down as a poor appointment, for the time he came in to where we finished, a cup final we should have won...

All mangers end up with the sack, its the only guarantee in football...someone famous said that, maybe Carlo Anchelotti

We spent pretty big under Conte, did we not? We would have under Mourinho too, if not for COVID. Can’t believe Levy would organise a pandemic too.

Ha being petulant. Well how do you know we would have spent big with mourinho? We didn't spend big in the slightest compared to what these two managers are used to.

Yeh it's an interesting point as no one on face value bar a few were poor appointments at the time. Hindsight helps judge them but their actual appointments at the time, most off the top of my head came with decent CVs and or logical reasons. The argument then obviously becomes why there were not more successful I suppose.

If you are also talking time of appointment I wouldn't have Hoddle down as a poor appointment, for the time he came in to where we finished, a cup final we should have won...

All mangers end up with the sack, its the only guarantee in football...someone famous said that, maybe Carlo Anchelotti

we’ve basically been 4/5 for ages, a couple of seasons we’ve been slightly higher or slightly lower, but not by much

to say some appointments have been disastrous is over egging the pudding, a disastrous appointment would have seen us fighting relegation

Ha being petulant. Well how do you know we would have spent big with mourinho? We didn't spend big in the slightest compared to what these two managers are used to.

And? They both agreed to join the club knowing they wouldn’t be backed like they have been in the past.

If FFP isn't enforced properly then you need to be owned be bank rolled by a state to compete. By that you're upset with ENIC and Levy because they aren't an oil state using us for sports washing.
What it comes down to is how realistic your expectations are, yours don't seem very realistic.

My expectations for the club are not realistic with these owners, I’m quite aware of that hence why I would like them to kindly fudge off.

I disagree with your notion that you have to be bank rolled by a state involved in sports washing to compete. As I said some additional reasonable level of funding put in by the owner consistently to supplement what the club makes will be sufficient imo due to the excellent work enic have done growing our revenue via the stadium build. Kroenke post the ESL debacle is a good example of the level of reasonable extra funding I am talking about.

This is where I am not happy with enic in that they refuse to consistently (in fact practically ever) put in some outside funding.

My other major gripe with them is that after 20 plus years of being here and the wisdom and experience they should have, we should have a world class set up at footballing director level with multiple excellent people in different posts making great things happen from recruitment to managers, players and so on.

The fact we are still dipping our toe in the water and just appointing this Munn chap is absolutely disgraceful. Until recently it was basically Hitchen and a few favours thrown over the fence by Pleat.

It is unarguable that the above after 20 plus years of experience is wholly unacceptable and smacks of incompetence on a huge scale.

Infrastructure wise they have and continue to be excellent but they fail miserably on setting the football club up to succeed and they fail miserably at putting in balanced reasonable extra outside funding to support the team.

Good point. Some where probably only bad in the entertainment sense, but again only with hindsight.

Back