• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
They were not saying that at the end of last season, let's be really honest about that.

I am more than happy to be proven wrong, but I doubt many were predicting the wheels falling off post Norwich or when we got all our transfer business done early in the summer.

In fact this forum was absolutely awash with optimism for this season...nearly to a man if not to a man

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Do you think that coincided with the shocker that we had with appointing NES after the circus of speculation around the appointment?

It was a massive relief, once the dust settled I think in general people were starting to see the initial furore as just that.

I was excited in seeing conte come, backed Mourinho too, but always knowing that they needed massive amounts of funds, more than we were capable of to succeed. No captain hindsight in sight, its just a fact.

I even said mourinho didn't always have funds available but could see why it may not work.

Do you think that coincided with the shocker that we had with appointing NES after the circus of speculation around the appointment?

It was a massive relief, once the dust settled I think in general people were starting to see the initial furore as just that.

I was excited in seeing conte come, backed Mourinho too, but always knowing that they needed massive amounts of funds, more than we were capable of to succeed. No captain hindsight in sight, its just a fact.

I even said mourinho didn't always have funds available but could see why it may not work.
That doesn't make much sense TBH because as I've said when the summer came the initial scepticism people had would have abated, this forum is proof to the fact that people were clearly optimistic about Conte in the summer. So, to then go back the original view and say "see I was right" when it went wrong is hugely hindsight

I mean if you can show me a post from yourself or anyone around the time of the Korean tour making clear claims the wheels were falling off or about to I will concede to your point

Last edited:
Do we actually know that?

Its another reason why it would be beneficial to change the ownership so we can have a clean slate and remove all these hanger ons in and around Levy who don’t do anything to move the football side of the club forward.

What they do of any benefit at all is debatable.

Would be wonderful for all these clams to go and we can have a fresh start but it wont happen due to the asking price.

And on goes the never ending cycle of brick.

That doesn't make much sense TBH because as I've said when the summer came the initial scepticism people had would have abated, this forum is proof to the fact that people were clearly optimistic about Conte in the summer. So, to then go back the original view and say "see I was right" when it went wrong is hugely hindsight

I mean if you can show me a post from yourself or anyone around the time of the Korean tour making clear claims the wheels were falling off or about to I will concede to your point

There was massive optimism I completely agree. I was optimistic but held my reservations. However there was discussions amongst spurs fans and the media saying the reality of what happened.

I do think had we got in Bastoni and perhaps not tinkled Conte off with Spence the situation may have turned out distention but that is football.

Let's just agree that the next appointment has to be more like a pochettino and some luck and a massive team overhaul vs a rest made man that will need even more money than Mourinho and Conte combined to make it work.

There was massive optimism I completely agree. I was optimistic but held my reservations. However there was discussions amongst spurs fans and the media saying the reality of what happened.

I do think had we got in Bastoni and perhaps not tinkled Conte off with Spence the situation may have turned out distention but that is football.

Let's just agree that the next appointment has to be more like a pochettino and some luck and a massive team overhaul vs a rest made man that will need even more money than Mourinho and Conte combined to make it work.

What does making it work mean though?

It doesn’t matter who we appoint if we continue with our same approach from the owners in this increasingly competitive league.

At best we can end about 6th and most likely between 7th and 10th.

Great times ahead and anyone who thinks we can do better with the same approach from enic in an increasingly competitive PL is an absolute mug.

Levy needs to swallow his pride and go all out to get Poch back.

The club needs a lift and bringing Poch back would do that.

Agree about the action but I'm not sure its about swallowing his pride at all. He did try to get Poch back 2 summers ago when he was at PSG

The big question is why is he not trying to do the same now?

My assumption is that it was due to there being a shinier object around, namely Nagelsmann

Now that that option appears closed, I dont see why, given Levy went for Poch before, he's not going for Poch now.

I cant understand what has changed with 2 years ago, aside from trying to chase JN

Agree about the action but I'm not sure its about swallowing his pride at all. He did try to get Poch back 2 summers ago when he was at PSG

My assumption is that it was due to there being a shinier object around, namely Nagelsmann

Now that that option appears closed, I dont see why, given Levy went for Poch before, he's not going for Poch now.

I cant understand what has changed with 2 years ago, aside from trying to chase JN

I'm pinning it on De Zerbi, or another manager currently employed who has lifted his skirt but wants to finish the season without disrupting the dressing room or risk losing out on an achievement.

What does making it work mean though?

It doesn’t matter who we appoint if we continue with our same approach from the owners in this increasingly competitive league.

At best we can end about 6th and most likely between 7th and 10th.

Great times ahead and anyone who thinks we can do better with the same approach from enic in an increasingly competitive PL is an absolute mug.
Same approach? Spending the 4th most in the league?
We'll be back fighting for top 4 in a year or two and anyone that thinks differently is an absolute mug :p
None of us know what's going to happen, things change quickly in football. The perfect example of that is the team we played today. When Emery came in they were 17th and on the same points as Southampton, look at them now...

Did he really go in for Poch or was it just paper talk?

I'm pinning it on De Zerbi, or another manager currently employed who has lifted his skirt but wants to finish the season without disrupting the dressing room or risk losing out on an achievement.

Certainly one explanation but is de Zerbi or Slot really preferable to Poch?

And even if they are, it's another two weeks til the season of the season and say we then take another two weeks or wranging before de Zerbi or whoever turns us down, we'll be into mid June without a manager still

Did he really go in for Poch or was it just paper talk?

We'll never know definitely but there are some rumours/speculation which appear to have too much substance or come from multiple sources which are closer to a club/manager/player etc

The Nagelsmann on this week is another. I struggle to believe that he hasnt turned us down and then Spurs are leaking stories to try to save face

Certainly one explanation but is de Zerbi or Slot really preferable to Poch?

And even if they are, it's another two weeks til the season of the season and say we then take another two weeks or wranging before de Zerbi or whoever turns us down, we'll be into mid June without a manager still

It's shambolic to think, but inevitable. Poch should not be allowed anywhere Chelsea if he is available. The only reason I can think that poch has not been in the frame is due to the last talks that they apparently had when he was at PSG.

It's shambolic to think, but inevitable. Poch should not be allowed anywhere Chelsea if he is available. The only reason I can think that poch has not been in the frame is due to the last talks that they apparently had when he was at PSG.

He'd be on the list *somewhere*. We know that he was lower than Nagelsmann - question is how many more names there are between whoever is at the top now, and Poch...and then whether we get down to Poch's name before he has gone to West London

We'll never know definitely but there are some rumours/speculation which appear to have too much substance or come from multiple sources which are closer to a club/manager/player etc

The Nagelsmann on this week is another. I struggle to believe that he hasnt turned us down and then Spurs are leaking stories to try to save face
That's because it's what you want to believe. There's no evidence either way, just the usual bs from the usual hacks looking for clicks. Either he turned us down, he made unrealistic demands and we turned him down or we didn't really get past the initial stages with no real contact, take your pick and run with it. The hacks haven't got a clue, different name in the picture every day and they all just repeat the same bs.

"Levy needs to step away completely from the football side and mustn't make football decisions. The DoF should be instrumental in picking our next manager."

"Levy has f*cked it all up by not giving Nagelsmann what he was asking for. And at the same time by not appointing Poch."
You realise we no longer have a DoF so it would be impossible for Levy to be completely disconnected until that role is fulfilled again.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back