• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Better than those going with blind pessimism and constant moaning when they have no idea what's going on.

I don’t see many on here being constantly pessimistic. For sure, some are questioning the board’s actions, particularly over the past 5 years. Plenty of evidence that’s a sensible thing to be doing. There is more evidence in that time scale that there is plenty to be concerned about than there is to suggest that everything is fine and dandy.

the caretaker managers don't mean anything

I mean, REALLY?

I don’t see many on here being constantly pessimistic. For sure, some are questioning the board’s actions, particularly over the past 5 years. Plenty of evidence that’s a sensible thing to be doing. There is more evidence in that time scale that there is plenty to be concerned about than there is to suggest that everything is fine and dandy.

I mean, REALLY?
You aren't looking very hard if you don't see some with constant pessimistic posts.

In the grand scheme of things caretakers don't mean much. They're usually a stop gap of between 5-10 games.
For there to be a caretaker the previous manager has failed, for whatever reason, and that is the issue.

You aren't looking very hard if you don't see some with constant pessimistic posts.

In the grand scheme of things caretakers don't mean much. They're usually a stop gap of between 5-10 games.
For there to be a caretaker the previous manager has failed, for whatever reason, and that is the issue.

It gives an opportunity to complain about the same thing twice

There's no evidence that we will end up 7th to 10th, just look at our average position for the last 10 years under multiple managers.
You won't settle for that? You're going to buy the club then?

The league is more competitive now than ever before.

You really think we can continue with our current approach and even get to the meh levels of CL qualification consistently?

Imo no chance. And I want to see the club challenge for the biggest honours. Zero chance of that with our current approach the way the league is going.

What is it that you want us to do? And do you think we can do that with our same old approach within the current landscape of the league?

The league is more competitive now than ever before.

You really think we can continue with our current approach and even get to the meh levels of CL qualification consistently?

Imo no chance. And I want to see the club challenge for the biggest honours. Zero chance of that with our current approach the way the league is going.

What is it that you want us to do? And do you think we can do that with our same old approach within the current landscape of the league?
We have got CL qualification consistently and challenged for the biggest honours.

Like everyone else I want us to be winning things, but more important to me is to enjoy the football again.

The current landscape of the league will depend on how the new FFP rules are implemented. If they are implemented properly with proper sanctions for those that break them then we should be in a good position.

We have got CL qualification consistently and challenged for the biggest honours.

Like everyone else I want us to be winning things, but more important to me is to enjoy the football again.

The current landscape of the league will depend on how the new FFP rules are implemented. If they are implemented properly with proper sanctions for those that break them then we should be in a good position.
Exactly that

I'm certainly not going to wind myself up and predict the future based on selective areas of the past.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted Chelsea spending 400m and dropping like a stone, Liverpool season, Brighton, Villa, Fulham and Brentford all doing as well as they have.

End of the day we have a big summer ahead no doubt, what comes of that and therefore the future, let's see. Certainly don't think we are heading for potentially the darkest periods in the clubs history or whatever hyperbole was being cried about last night

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Your point is totally invalidated by the fact that the board appointed those successful managers. How can you not understand that very simple point?

Again makes me laugh so much that they are also validated with the majority of their poor choices which massively outweigh their "good" choices.

We have got CL qualification occasionally and rarely challenged for the biggest honours but I don’t want to debate the past I want to look at the future in the current landscape.

Your primary and top aim is to just enjoy the football again. Okay your entire stance on enic is starting to make sense now.

If as is most likely the ffp rules aren’t enforced properly it seems you acknowledge we wont be able to compete to win the PL and CL with our current approach.

I personally cannot be happy with that outcome whereas it seems you will quite happily tolerate it as long as the football is enjoyable again.

There is no point discussing this further then we just have different ceilings on what we are happy with.

Again makes me laugh so much that they are also validated with the majority of their poor choices which massively outweigh their "good" choices.

I’ve not said anything like that. You said:

When we got poch it's because LvG went to united, it was luck.

My point is: how was that luck? Do you not understand the fact that the same people who missed out on LVG, identified Poch as the next best candidate?

We have got CL qualification occasionally and rarely challenged for the biggest honours but I don’t want to debate the past I want to look at the future in the current landscape.

Your primary and top aim is to just enjoy the football again. Okay your entire stance on enic is starting to make sense now.

If as is most likely the ffp rules aren’t enforced properly it seems you acknowledge we wont be able to compete to win the PL and CL with our current approach.

I personally cannot be happy with that outcome whereas it seems you will quite happily tolerate it as long as the football is enjoyable again.

There is no point discussing this further then we just have different ceilings on what we are happy with.
If FFP isn't enforced properly then you need to be owned be bank rolled by a state to compete. By that you're upset with ENIC and Levy because they aren't an oil state using us for sports washing.
What it comes down to is how realistic your expectations are, yours don't seem very realistic.

So apart from Poch and Jol who both won nothing ... were successful for dragging and delivering a miracle with the constraints put on them for one reason or another.

The other 12?

The delusion in thinking that we have got our management additions right and Levy is a genius in this aspect is mind boggling.

What's worse is that moving forward we have not even contacted poch apparently and let him walk into our rivals while we contemplate getting Ryan Mason in.

I personally think that we are hanging out on De Zerbi or Slot ... Either way I just hope they get backed in the summer and we do like we have never done before.

If FFP isn't enforced properly then you need to be owned be bank rolled by a state to compete. By that you're upset with ENIC and Levy because they aren't an oil state using us for sports washing.
What it comes down to is how realistic your expectations are, yours don't seem very realistic.

Liverpool are not owned by an oil state, though.

Liverpool are not owned by an oil state, though.
Yes, and they're not going to compete consistently at the top. There will be City and then one of the other big 7 that will have a good season or two and compete.
City are the only ones that will be consistently up there for the next few years unless Utd get their brick together and spend better.

My executive summary is we have serial pessimists, Stockholm syndrome victims and people in-between.
It’s going to be Potter, that’s it. And Levy will go from Wizard to tosserr and round trip depending how Potter does and invert the order depending on initial point of view.

COYS

I’ve not said anything like that. You said:

My point is: how was that luck? Do you not understand the fact that the same people who missed out on LVG, identified Poch as the next best candidate?

Oh I get all of that no need to clarify, but to go on like Levy was a mastermind in getting pochettino in is pushing it a little no?

However, you have failed to even acknowledge the absolute shocking recruitment of managers bar three of them. Do you understand that as a hard fact?

My executive summary is we have serial pessimists, Stockholm syndrome victims and people in-between.
It’s going to be Potter, that’s it. And Levy will go from Wizard to tosserr and round trip depending how Potter does and invert the order depending on initial point of view.

COYS

It's ok Mason can fill in once Potter gets sacked midway through the season. Or vice versa

So apart from Poch and Jol who both won nothing ... were successful for dragging and delivering a miracle with the constraints put on them for one reason or another.

The other 12?

The delusion in thinking that we have got our management additions right and Levy is a genius in this aspect is mind boggling.

What's worse is that moving forward we have not even contacted poch apparently and let him walk into our rivals while we contemplate getting Ryan Mason in.

I personally think that we are hanging out on De Zerbi or Slot ... Either way I just hope they get backed in the summer and we do like we have never done before.
Who called him a genius? Because people have fond memories of Jol, Redknapp and Poch that's somehow offset by the fact we didn't win things? Doesn't make them poor appointments TBH.

If you genuinely think all appointments were bad so be it, those claiming we got some right aren't deluded as you claim, probably more balanced.

For the record we got more wrong that right, but we got some right. Doesn't make Levy a genius but doesn't make him the devil either

Who called him a genius? Because people have fond memories of Jol, Redknapp and Poch that's somehow offset by the fact we didn't win things? Doesn't make them poor appointments TBH.

If you genuinely think all appointments were bad so be it, those claiming we got some right aren't deluded as you claim, probably more balanced.

For the record we got more wrong that right, but we got some right. Doesn't make Levy a genius but doesn't make him the devil either

I think that's alot in that post, but it's mainly a few posters who love to debate levy in such light when some posters go over the top but cannot answer simple questions that show how levy fudges up.

3 managers decent the majority of hires... absolute pants.

Oh I get all of that no need to clarify, but to go on like Levy was a mastermind in getting pochettino in is pushing it a little no?

However, you have failed to even acknowledge the absolute shocking recruitment of managers bar three of them. Do you understand that as a hard fact?

I haven’t made any claims of the sort. We’ve made some bad managerial appointments. But I could see the logic in Mourinho and Conte.

The point was that if you’re going to criticise for missing out on LVG and other first choice managers then you have to accept the positive that came from it. Never said anything about “mastermind” - seems like you have a problem reading and understanding what I write.

Back