• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
When we got poch it's because LvG went to united, it was luck.

Harry came in to save us from relegation after Juande.

Jol got the job after Santini walked out.

And anyone else want to fill me with confidence that our owners will get lucky again?

We have had 17 managerial appointments since Enic. With the dizzy heights of 2 league cups.
12 managers under ENIC. So when they get it right it's luck but when they get it wrong it's because they're crap?

It worked out well with LVG going to United, but it was still the board who identified Poch as the next best option. It’s not like Poch forced himself on us and the board had nothing to do with it.

Just the absolute classic case of everything bad is Levy’s fault, everything good is luck / some divine intervention.

Haha just classic. And the rest? Please fill me in with your positive levy spin.

3 appointments by circumstance rather than first choice. And when they do get their first choice in ... well we have seen.

Please tell me how great you think the recruitment of our history of managers have been under ENIC.

Being that we are more of a company than a football club these days, if in a company the CEO made this many shocking appointments what would be his/her fate?

12 managers under ENIC. So when they get it right it's luck but when they get it wrong it's because they're crap?

12 managers and 17 appointments ... it makes for even worse decision making.

Ha really? It was circumstantial that we got pochettino in. I remember lots moaning about missing out on LvG.

We got Harry in as he was free and jaunde was going South.

Jol because Santini walked ... you are going to fill me that it was all the mastermind of Levy.

So please tell me the other appointments we're great right? So what are the % that we are taking about?

Actually let's flip it, what managers under Levy have been amazing? @DubSpur

Last edited:
When we got poch it's because LvG went to united, it was luck.

Harry came in to save us from relegation after Juande.

Jol got the job after Santini walked out.

And anyone else want to fill me with confidence that our owners will get lucky again?

We have had 17 managerial appointments since Enic. With the dizzy heights of 2 league cups.

1 league cup.

Also we won nothing under Jol, Redknapp and Poch.

And that is because these owners do not have the ambition, nous or willingness to inject funds to make us successful.

That will never change under these owners and I have now realised we are on a never ending circle of nothingness under enic.

How anyone can back them at this point is beyond me and its backing that is at the detriment of the potential success of our club.

All we can do now for the foreseeable future is end 7th to 10th and maybe nick a league cup (okay that’s stretching) yipeeeee!

12 managers and 17 appointments ... it makes for even worse decision making.

Ha really? It was circumstantial that we got pochettino in. I remember lots moaning about missing out on LvG.

We got Harry in as he was free and jaunde was going South.

Jol because Santini walked ... you are going to fill me that it was all the mastermind of Levy.

So please tell me the other appointments we're great right? So what are the % that we are taking about?

Actually let's flip it, what managers under Levy have been amazing?
Levy could've turned to someone else besides Redknapp, Jol and Poch.
He gets abuse for the ones he got wrong but it's still all luck when he gets them right. Do you not see the double standards there?
Take off your anti-Levy glasses for 5 mins, use a bit of objectivity and you can see he's got some right and some wrong.
It's the same with every club, nobody has a 100% success rate with recruitment, there's always an element of luck.

1 league cup.

Also we won nothing under Jol, Redknapp and Poch.

And that is because these owners do not have the ambition, nous or willingness to inject funds to make us successful.

That will never change under these owners and I have now realised we are on a never ending circle of nothingness under enic.

How anyone can back them at this point is beyond me and its backing that is at the detriment of the potential success of our club.

All we can do now for the foreseeable future is end 7th to 10th and maybe nick a league cup (okay that’s stretching) yipeeeee!
:cry::cry::cry::cry: I want a sugar daddy and I want it now :cry::cry::cry::cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry: I want a sugar daddy and I want it now :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Just like the other guy all you can do is make up stuff to try and prove your weak argument.

We don’t need a sugar daddy, we need something in the mould of what Kroenke has started doing after the ESL debacle, which is putting in additional reasonable funding consistently to supplement what the club makes.

You might not even like that reasonable and balanced way of doing things but I am afraid it is what any ambitious owner in the current PL has to do to compete.

So whether you like it or not it is either we do that or we retreat into nothingness of 7th to 10th place.

You go for the latter if it makes you happy. I however will not settle for that.

Levy could've turned to someone else besides Redknapp, Jol and Poch.
He gets abuse for the ones he got wrong but it's still all luck when he gets them right. Do you not see the double standards there?
Take off your anti-Levy glasses for 5 mins, use a bit of objectivity and you can see he's got some right and some wrong.
It's the same with every club, nobody has a 100% success rate with recruitment, there's always an element of luck.

Not asking for 100% success rate. Please feel free to actually answer the questions.

Jol was appointmented the very same way Mason is here currently. Ok let's give him two good managers recruited... thats 2/17 appointments ...

Your straw man point of getting lucky and useless is incorrect. He appointed the rest in his own ambition, sacking people to make way for another manager.

Just like the other guy all you can do is make up stuff to try and prove your weak argument.

We don’t need a sugar daddy, we need something in the mould of what Kroenke has started doing after the ESL debacle, which is putting in additional reasonable funding consistently to supplement what the club makes.

You might not even like that reasonable and balanced way of doing things but I am afraid it is what any ambitious owner in the current PL has to do to compete.

So whether you like it or not it is either we do that or we retreat into nothingness of 7th to 10th place.

You go for the latter if it makes you happy. I however will not settle for that.
There's no evidence that we will end up 7th to 10th, just look at our average position for the last 10 years under multiple managers.
You won't settle for that? You're going to buy the club then?

There's no evidence that we will end up 7th to 10th, just look at our average position for the last 10 years under multiple managers.
You won't settle for that? You're going to buy the club then?

Why settle? Clearly the club can move forward and upwards with a different approach no?

Not asking for 100% success rate. Please feel free to actually answer the questions.

Jol was appointmented the very same way Mason is here currently. Ok let's give him two good managers recruited... thats 2/17 appointments ...

Your straw man point of getting lucky and useless is incorrect. He appointed the rest in his own ambition.
12 managers, the caretaker managers don't mean anything. He appointed Jol as a permanent manager, he hasn't appointed Mason (he may do yet) so not the same.
Jol was identified by Arnesen as a potential manager. Levy agreed for him to become assistant manager to Santini.

He appointed managers in his own ambition? Conte and Mourinho, two of the most highly rated managers in the last 20 years and that doesn't show ambition?

No club in world football would choose Slot over Poch, so even if Slot says yes questions need to be asked as to why that's the path we're taking

Honestly, I'm baffled why any club in world football would choose Slot over Marcelo Gallardo, never mind the far superior choice in Poch.

Slot hasn't even achieved as much as Frank de Boer did in Dutch football - and we all know how FdB turned out.

And far, far less than Ten Hag did when he moved.

Seems like the Paulo Fonesca of 2023 to me - some rando who we want because he's cheap and we're unlikely to face competition for him.

No fan in world football would choose Slot over Poch. Luckily clubs are able to get much more information about managers than fans can, and base their decision on many more data points than random articles and "Manager tactics - a thread" Twitter posts.

And although I too would prefer Gallardo over Slot, what Slot has done in Holland is nowhere near comparable to FdB or ETH. They managed Ajax. Slot managed AZ and Feyenoord and is winning a title with Feyenoord with the most of the team changed from last year (in that regard Slot and Gallardo are comparable, in that they get the most out of their squads).

If you think about it, Slot's trajectory is comparable to Nagelsmann's. He took over lower quality teams than the Ajax and PSV behemoths and almost won a title with one, looks like he will be winning a title with the other, and got them to European cup final. In relative terms it's actually better than what Nagelsmaan had achieved prior to moving to Bayern. Just saying...

Your straw man point of getting lucky and useless is incorrect. He appointed the rest in his own ambition, sacking people to make way for another manager.

It would be interesting to compare that success rate with vaguely similar clubs over the same period of time. By vaguely similar, I exclude Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea, but I wouldn't mind including Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and, say, Everon, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester, for instance.

I honestly have no idea what the result would be but I'd be curious to have a look at their success rate over the same period of time.

12 managers, the caretaker managers don't mean anything. He appointed Jol as a permanent manager, he hasn't appointed Mason (he may do yet) so not the same.
Jol was identified by Arnesen as a potential manager. Levy agreed for him to become assistant manager to Santini.

He appointed managers in his own ambition? Conte and Mourinho, two of the most highly rated managers in the last 20 years and that doesn't show ambition?

Ha! The caretakers don't mean a thing? It's a sign of failed management appointment using to fill for another failed appointment no?

He appointed Mourinho after failing to back Poch due to having a hard on for him all those years ago without having the wisdom to know that that kind of manager did things with lots of money to spend.

He appointed Conte after failing in the first instance and Settling for NES, another masterstroke?

Why settle? Clearly the club can move forward and upwards with a different approach no?
Settle for what? It has moved forward and upwards for the last 20 years. As soon as we hit a bump in the road it's the usual bed wetting.
When we failed to get CL a section of fans cried that we had missed our chance and would never get there again, guess what we did.
When Bale left we were doomed and would never have a player like him again.
We have one and we improved. Progress in football is never linear progress, there will be bumps on the way.

It would be interesting to compare that success rate with vaguely similar clubs over the same period of time. By vaguely similar, I exclude Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea, but I wouldn't mind including Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and, say, Everon, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester, for instance.

I honestly have no idea what the result would be but I'd be curious to have a look at their success rate over the same period of time.

Not sure but 4 out of the 6 mentioned have won trophies along the way.

Settle for what? It has moved forward and upwards for the last 20 years. As soon as we hit a bump in the road it's the usual bed wetting.
When we failed to get CL a section of fans cried that we had missed our chance and would never get there again, guess what we did.
When Bale left we were doomed and would never have a player like him again.
We have one and we improved. Progress in football is never linear progress, there will be bumps on the way.

I believe you used the word "settle".

Haha just classic. And the rest? Please fill me in with your positive levy spin.

3 appointments by circumstance rather than first choice. And when they do get their first choice in ... well we have seen.

Please tell me how great you think the recruitment of our history of managers have been under ENIC.

Being that we are more of a company than a football club these days, if in a company the CEO made this many shocking appointments what would be his/her fate?

Your point is totally invalidated by the fact that the board appointed those successful managers. How can you not understand that very simple point?

Last edited:
Back