• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
When recently appointed:

I thought Poch would be great as I was impressed with what he did at Southampton.

I wasn't at all happy with Harry, Jose, Ramos & Nuno though and they would not have been my choice, but wanted to hope they would work for us.

I thought it was a coup getting Santini and had never heard of Jol.

I had more hope than expectation for AVB & Conte.

What does the above show: fans, including this one, know fudge all about who to appoint and more so if they are going to work out. Just wait and see and support the team and manager while they are here.

I am disappointed that we did not go for Poch. I would have like Nagelsmann, I would not say no Slot, or De Zerbi (although I cannot imagine why he would want to leave Brighton for us).

But the Ionger this process is taking the more concerned I am becoming. I just do not trust Levy to make the right decision. I just hope he proves me wrong.

I am going to renew my season ticket today, I just hope he does not make me regret it with another Nuno style appointment.
But any manager in work currently still has a job to finish
Bell Chelsea haven’t finalised Poch and he has been free for some time

I’m not miserable at all, my friend - in fact, it’s Saturday morning, the sun is shining, I’ve a lovely day planned and I’m in fine form. I get a lot of joy from football, and my lovely day will definitely include watching a dodgy stream of our game this afternoon.

I do have some questions about the way my football club is currently being run, though, and I enjoy debating them on here - and that includes pointing out when I think a poster may be ignoring the very obvious problems which exist at boardroom level at our club. The idea that we have identified a target and are working towards that strategy, on the basis of zero evidence whatsoever, seems to me an odd one for anyone to hang their hat on - especially given the footballing decisions made over the past 5 years.

But honestly, please don’t worry about me being miserable - I’m really not.

but the evidence … of which there is none could easily show the opposite of what you have said

we may well have a plan, and even a guy who has agreed to come. They could well be in work currently so want to finish their season. What would we or them want everyone to know what we are doing?

I don’t believe for a second that we didn’t talk to Nagelsmann or at least sound him out.
I’m think there’s a strong chance it will be Mason now. Though I might change my mind by 5pm.

IMG_3861.jpeg

Everyone just needs to accept that under these owners we are not going to be one of the big sides competing for the PL and CL. We are now firmly on the path to being a club that ends between 7th and 10th each season.

This is such a far cry from the days of Bill Nick and 11 trophies in 16 years.

That was the peak for this club and successive owners have failed miserably to capitalise on that era.

We are now effectively a nothing club.

View attachment 15510

Everyone just needs to accept that under these owners we are not going to be one of the big sides competing for the PL and CL. We are now firmly on the path to being a club that ends between 7th and 10th each season.

This is such a far cry from the days of Bill Nick and 11 trophies in 16 years.

That was the peak for this club and successive owners have failed miserably to capitalise on that era.

We are now effectively a nothing club.

The drama of your posts really does make me laugh :D

So, either Nagelsmann wanted to know who the DoF would be before getting into any detailed talks.... in which case, why would it be such a definitive "no", when talks could presumably kick off once the DoF is in place?
Or, Nagelsmann wants to have a say in who the DoF should be before committing to talks - in which case it's probably right that things are going no further.

Either way, implies that we have been in touch either with him directly, or at least his agent (the latter would then allow us to say that we haven't spoken with Nagelsmann, without it being untrue).

There’s no evidence of the opposite either. In fact, one manager being ruled out could actually prove the club does have a strategy. People are basically saying it had to be Nagelsmann or Poch and no one else will do. That’s pretty restrictive.

You go along way to convince me you’re not miserable but all I see from you on here is complaints about Levy.

If you're bored, have a look through and you'll see plenty more.

But I am 100% sure that you have better things to do!

I decided to look for the story behind the tweet from the quoted 'source' (@90min_football)
This is what it says (unless there's something else I have missed in my not-extensive search) :
Tottenham will now move on to other targets, including Feyenoord's Arne Slot, though talks have been hampered by their involvement in the Eredivisie title race. Luis Enrique previously sat down with Spurs but negotiations have not progressed.
Bayer Leverkusen's Xabi Alonso, Fulham's Marco Silva and Middlesbrough's Michael Carrick all have admirers within the club, while out-of-work managers Brendan Rodgers and Graham Potter are held in similar regard.

Not quite the same as making it onto the shortlist.

Spurs will never, ever be a 'nothing club'.

Without the Bill Nick era of 11 trophies in 16 years we most definitely would be.

That era ended 50 years ago in 1973.

When do we need to start doing something again of similar ilk in the modern era?

Hopefully in your mind it is never because we wont ever even get the occasional trophy under these owners.

The best we can hope for is that we fluke a domestic cup once more before enic finally fudge off in about 10 years from now.

Without the Bill Nick era of 11 trophies in 16 years we most definitely would be.

That era ended 50 years ago in 1973.

When do we need to start doing something again of similar ilk in the modern era?

Hopefully in your mind it is never because we wont ever even get the occasional trophy under these owners.

The best we can hope for is that we fluke a domestic cup once more before enic finally fudge off in about 10 years from now.

"Nothingness" is in the eye of the beholder.
To a Spurs fan, we will never be a 'nothing club'. When you love something, it can never be described as "nothing".
That was the point being made, I believe.

I’d be happy with Rodgers, like it or not he fits the bill 100%

Well 95% as the 5% would be how much of a taco the guy is.

When we got poch it's because LvG went to united, it was luck.

Harry came in to save us from relegation after Juande.

Jol got the job after Santini walked out.

And anyone else want to fill me with confidence that our owners will get lucky again?

We have had 17 managerial appointments since Enic. With the dizzy heights of 2 league cups.

When we got poch it's because LvG went to united, it was luck.

Harry came in to save us from relegation after Juande.

Jol got the job after Santini walked out.

And anyone else want to fill me with confidence that our owners will get lucky again?

We have had 17 managerial appointments since Enic. With the dizzy heights of 2 league cups.

It worked out well with LVG going to United, but it was still the board who identified Poch as the next best option. It’s not like Poch forced himself on us and the board had nothing to do with it. Same with Harry and Jol.

Just the absolute classic case of everything bad is Levy’s fault, everything good is luck / some divine intervention.

Back