• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
hahaha .. just funny at this point how people get wound up about brick we know nothing really about ..

fudge, at least wait until the brick appointment to get mad ..

Just in a rock and a hard place ... levy can't win this round unfortunately ... there is going to be moaning regardless.

The only way, which I can't say I agree with or disagree with is to unite the majority of the fans and get pochettino back.

If he fails he fails but then levy can say that he tried ...

Get someone else in he better pray that last luck is on his side

Seems to me like we have long ago identified our top target. He’s currently in a job, so in the meantime doing due diligence on other managers and here we are. Possible that Nagelsmann wanted to pick his DOF, or any other number of possibilities and they couldn’t agree.

Only my opinion, but it feels like De Zerbi, Slot and Postecoglu could be the final 3 names.

Last edited:
Seems to me like we have long ago identified our top target. He’s currently in a job, so in the meantime doing due diligence on other managers and here we are. Possible that Nagelsmann wanted to pick his DOF, or any other number of possibilities and they couldn’t agree.

Only my opinion, but it feels like De Zerbi, Slot and Postecoglu could be the final 3 names.

If I were De Zerbi not sure I would to leave Brighton for Spurs, particularly under Levy. Brighton obviously have a better scouting network

I've just read everyone bitching about how negligent Levy is NOT contacting Naglesmann, and then all the tossers like this twitter post.

"Levy needs to step away completely from the football side and mustn't make football decisions. The DoF should be instrumental in picking our next manager."

"Levy has f*cked it all up by not giving Nagelsmann what he was asking for. And at the same time by not appointing Poch."

"Levy needs to step away completely from the football side and mustn't make football decisions. The DoF should be instrumental in picking our next manager."

"Levy has f*cked it all up by not giving Nagelsmann what he was asking for. And at the same time by not appointing Poch."

If it is as is being reported, with a failure to even speak to Nagelsmann and Pochettino (and who knows?) there is no contradiction. Levy hasn’t stepped away; he’s still making the big footballing decisions; and he’s still fudging up.

You couldn't make it up.

It’s going to be Potter, same pattern as with Nuno, ie both getting the tin-tack before getting the gig here.

I’m joking but equally wouldn’t rule anything out !

Attachments

• upload_2023-5-13_8-14-40.jpeg
    upload_2023-5-13_8-14-40.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2023-5-13_8-14-59.jpeg
    upload_2023-5-13_8-14-59.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 4
When all else fails, go for blind optimism.

Why would I be so upset about not getting Nagelsmann? I barely know anything about him. He’s another high profile coach after two others who failed pretty miserably. He might have worked, he might not have. He might have turned Spurs down, Spurs might have turned him down. I don’t know and I don’t really care to be honest.

I might be blind optimism, but why do you even like football if it makes you this miserable?

I am disappointed that we did not go for Poch. I would have like Nagelsmann, I would not say no Slot, or De Zerbi (although I cannot imagine why he would want to leave Brighton for us).

But the Ionger this process is taking the more concerned I am becoming. I just do not trust Levy to make the right decision. I just hope he proves me wrong.

I am going to renew my season ticket today, I just hope he does not make me regret it with another Nuno style appointment.

Why would I be so upset about not getting Nagelsmann? I barely know anything about him. He’s another high profile coach after two others who failed pretty miserably. He might have worked, he might not have. He might have turned Spurs down, Spurs might have turned him down. I don’t know and I don’t really care to be honest.

I might be blind optimism, but why do you even like football if it makes you this miserable?

I’m not miserable at all, my friend - in fact, it’s Saturday morning, the sun is shining, I’ve a lovely day planned and I’m in fine form. I get a lot of joy from football, and my lovely day will definitely include watching a dodgy stream of our game this afternoon.

I do have some questions about the way my football club is currently being run, though, and I enjoy debating them on here - and that includes pointing out when I think a poster may be ignoring the very obvious problems which exist at boardroom level at our club. The idea that we have identified a target and are working towards that strategy, on the basis of zero evidence whatsoever, seems to me an odd one for anyone to hang their hat on - especially given the footballing decisions made over the past 5 years.

But honestly, please don’t worry about me being miserable - I’m really not.

Who knows what is really going on, but I know for sure the media don't. Will reserve judgement until I see who we have actually appointed. But the way people are going on you would think there are only two managers out there who could possibly make a success at Spurs - if that is the case we really are fudged:D

As for Mason, I refuse to believe he will be seriously considered. Levy has made many mistakes, but one thing he is not is stupid and he will know this is probably the most critical appointment of his tenure - the pressure is on him massively. And to appoint Mason because he's done a solid job as caretaker a couple of times and knows the club? Nah.

It is a complete different kettle of fish taking over as caretaker, different pressure and often easier to galvanise the team after a manager has departed. Not to mention Mason has the massive advantage of having no real reputation for how his teams setup. It's all well and good saying how great he setup the team etc following an outstanding 1-0 home victory against the mighty Palace, but whereas every coach knows exactly how a Conte, Klopp, Pep etc setup and can prepare as such against Mason it is far more unclear and that is a big advantage. That is not to take away from the fact that he is intelligent and has potential to take the hot seat one day but it is way too soon for him here and for all Levy's misgivings I'm pretty certain he won't be rolling the dice with him....

The idea that we have identified a target and are working towards that strategy, on the basis of zero evidence whatsoever

There’s no evidence of the opposite either. In fact, one manager being ruled out could actually prove the club does have a strategy. People are basically saying it had to be Nagelsmann or Poch and no one else will do. That’s pretty restrictive.

You go along way to convince me you’re not miserable but all I see from you on here is complaints about Levy.

Back