• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I heard Simeone plays good football in the main but knows how to nullify a stronger opponent - can't say i watch enough Spanish football to say

Very much like Conte and Mourinho in afraid. Very defensive football, but has had one season of free flowing goals.

Yeah
He is expressing his opinion
He and ever said he knows what’s going on, on the manager front
The guy isn’t a spurs ITK
He is a low level football agent type
He is always honest in his views

And he has been laying into Levy relentlessly over the past month or so.
Doesn't mean he is not right about Nagelsmann - he may be, he may not be - but I can't help but see his tweet as being from someone who wants it to be an anti-Levy thing.

And he has been laying into Levy relentlessly over the past month or so.
Doesn't mean he is not right about Nagelsmann - he may be, he may not be - but I can't help but see his tweet as being from someone who wants it to be an anti-Levy thing.
He is a fan
No more and no less in this instance

Jeez. I thought something had actually happened when I saw the number of unread pages.
So, to recap on what I think I have gleaned :
Someone (JN) whom we may or may not have approached, with whom we may or may not have had conversations, has either rejected our approach (or non-approach) or hasn't had the chance to reject us because we never actually approached him in the first place and wouldn't have wanted him anyway if we had approached him.
Is that right?

Jeez. I thought something had actually happened when I saw the number of unread pages.
Someone (JN) whom we may or may not have approached, with whom we may or may not have had conversations, has either rejected our approach (or non-approach) or hasn't had the chance to reject us because we never actually approached him in the first place and wouldn't have wanted him anyway if we had approached him.
Is that right?
No
Poch and JN met in a bar to decide why they didn’t want the job

What was odd was we sacked conte a whole ago
Never seemed to want Poch back…‘unhappy fans
Nagelsmann gets sacked as much for what he has done off the pitch… we don’t want him …
Unhappy fans
Neither would have been considered if they were in work by the fans as gettable
Big because the club don’t want them for whatever reason is a disaster
Catastrophising .....with a million veins of thought, that eventually start bulging until your head explodes?

Is that right?

yeah same, just 8 pages of people having a totally normal one :)

We can't do anything about Lewis hanging on until he gets his price - can't storm his yacht in the Bahamas, after all. Might need to wait for him to kick the bucket.

But I don't think ENIC not selling is 100% down to Lewis. I think Levy is trying to cling on to the club to an extent - also evidenced by the smattering of articles suggesting he wants to stay on as chairman even in the event of a sale.

Fact of the matter is, Levy has little else in his life now outside Spurs. He ran a Mr. Byrite discount clothes store before lucking out into this job, and has spent twenty years being an utterly mediocre nearly-trophyless wonder of a chairman - it's his legacy now. And even if he walked out with a billion plus, he's, what, sixty something? Not much time left to spend it on anything meaningful. So he's trying to cling on like a stubborn barnacle.

And that bit *can* be changed - the key is to make it so unpleasant for him that he relinquishes his vice-like grip on the club and convinces Lewis to sell us.

With a tougher man, I would have said that would be difficult. But with the thin-skinned, publicity-averse type we have as chairman, I think sustained fan protests would do it - make matchday an ordeal with chants questioning him day in, day out.

No violence, no threats - just making clear that 60,000 people think he's a deadweight and want him gone. And I think that will improve our chances a hell of a lot.
And then sell it to an Arab so he can use us as a toy and you get your Tottenham back?

And then sell it to an Arab so he can use us as a toy and you get your Tottenham back?

Much prefer Jim Ratcliffe or a US investment fund like the one Boehly put together to try to buy us last year. But if not, a rich Arab will have to do.

Win us a couple dozen pots, give us a lifetime of happy memories to pass on to our kids, and then get sanctioned and sent to the Hague for being dictatorial/corrupt/criminal. Works out fine for all concerned.

Ha so true, I think our fan base is only happy when it’s catastrophing these days!
In a massive job search there are going to be many managers spoken to, some will invariably turn us down, we will invariably turn others down, no one really knows the details but seems some are determined to convince themselves they do just to be unhappy. No one knows what's going on TBH, I think people should keep their powder dry personally

I see more merit in judging the process on its own merit when the appointments made rather than conflating it with the Nuno situation for example.

For balance I would have loved JN and am disappointed it's not likely to be him, but in reality nothing ever told me we were that close, even if you look back on the last few pages no one had convinced themselves it was happening so for people to act like him not coming is some 11th hour u-turn or that they were convinced he was coming and now he isn't....for that reason I kinda find the OTT reactions to the news disingenuous

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Fair play to naglesmann, he interviewed and didn't buy into the deal. That's life, that's the way it is nowadays with us.

He probably had his demand and cannot work within the constraints of working with the current structure.

The job is suited for someone who will play ball with the board.

The reality is that the next manager will fail unfortunately as that cloud over kane leaving and not getting pochettino back will stink the place out no matter what.

The manager will not get the backing to turn us around over night or two transfer windows, let alone get the players that are required.

We are going to be "competitive" just suck it up and fingers crossed it works out. I just get a feeling for the first time the people who sit on the fence with Enic, some will be swayed into the Enic out side.

Big big decisions for Levy to make and fair play for taking his time and making sure 100% it's the right choice, he is running out of time in my opinion of having a fairly good story of support by the fans.

Let's see how the fans take the news tomorrow

I heard Simeone plays good football in the main but knows how to nullify a stronger opponent - can't say i watch enough Spanish football to say

fudging anti-christ football, striker's graveyard and is one of the highest paid coaches ever, plus is volatile as fudge .. no thanks

Back