• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Slot is a Nuno moment.

They made that point earlier on the Friday weekend preview discussion on 5Live. Why would a club like Tottenham not at least be interested in talking to a manager like Nagelsmann or Pochettino? They said the only acceptable answer would be if they had someone better to approach.

And sack them after 15 months.

Unless it's a mad one that people haven't even contemplated like Simeone then there is no one better on paper than those 2

Genuinely don’t get why anyone here even cares about this anymore.

Its going to be Slot and its not going to work because we don’t have the ambition, nous or funds to make it work.

Kane is going and we are at best going to be a club that ends in 6th place and that is IF Slot over performs.

I genuinely think we are on a path now that will see us languish around 7th to 10th position for the foreseeable future.

We wont be able to compete in this new look league with these same old owners and these same old owners aren’t going anywhere.

Its sad times and we are about to embark on one of our darker periods in the history of the club.
And people say i’m negative . . .

Slot is a Nuno moment.

They made that point earlier on the Friday weekend preview discussion on 5Live. Why would a club like Tottenham not at least be interested in talking to a manager like Nagelsmann or Pochettino? They said the only acceptable answer would be if they had someone better to approach.

And sack them after 15 months - maximum.
Which is why the whole "Donna Cullen" spin idea doesn't work for me.

If you have a logical brain it's much more damaging for a club like Spurs to be turning down a manager like him than it is being turned down. Unless your pushing the whole ridicule angle all the time.

For me though, if we turned him down that's innour control and throw up more questions than stuff out of our control

Which is why without actually knowing its probably not worth winding yourself up about

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

The darkest time in clubs history bit was class negativity

I said one of… but go ahead and reinvent what I said. You do know a bit about PR spin after all :D

And I also said ‘one of’ in relation to what I predict will come in the next few years before you cry ‘how can this be one of our darker periods blah blah wahaaaaa’

I said one of… but go ahead and reinvent what I said. You do know a bit about PR spin after all :D

And I also said ‘one of’ in relation to what I predict will come in the next few years before you cry ‘how can this be one of our darker periods blah blah wahaaaaa’
So you can see in the future? Anything to add more negativity to the situation I suppose. If it works for you...

Style of football says no, but I understand the view
I don’t at all
Nuno had never won anything as a a manager as far as I’m aware… unless we count the championship as a big win
Slot is wining the title in his second season
Would likely have won it when Covid canned the league
Got to a European final in his first season too
I mean he can’t do much more
And his record is much better than pochs was before Poch came here for reference
At the end of this season it’s at least comparable to Nagelsmann TBF except slot will have gone through more turmoil with a team and it’s one that doesn’t win the league every year
The difference is he inst “sexy”

What can we do though from where we are to get rid of this bald gnome? He clearly knows nothing about football and harbors no ambitions of winning anything.

But how do we get him and his 'investment company' to cash in?

As ENIC have said. We've always been available if the price is right. What is clear is their ownership is not about us. It's about their profit margin.

Do we have to wait for the stadium sponsorship deal till they cash in or can we force it early?

We can't do anything about Lewis hanging on until he gets his price - can't storm his yacht in the Bahamas, after all. Might need to wait for him to kick the bucket.

But I don't think ENIC not selling is 100% down to Lewis. I think Levy is trying to cling on to the club to an extent - also evidenced by the smattering of articles suggesting he wants to stay on as chairman even in the event of a sale.

Fact of the matter is, Levy has little else in his life now outside Spurs. He ran a Mr. Byrite discount clothes store before lucking out into this job, and has spent twenty years being an utterly mediocre nearly-trophyless wonder of a chairman - it's his legacy now. And even if he walked out with a billion plus, he's, what, sixty something? Not much time left to spend it on anything meaningful. So he's trying to cling on like a stubborn barnacle.

And that bit *can* be changed - the key is to make it so unpleasant for him that he relinquishes his vice-like grip on the club and convinces Lewis to sell us.

With a tougher man, I would have said that would be difficult. But with the thin-skinned, publicity-averse type we have as chairman, I think sustained fan protests would do it - make matchday an ordeal with chants questioning him day in, day out.

No violence, no threats - just making clear that 60,000 people think he's a deadweight and want him gone. And I think that will improve our chances a hell of a lot.

6 years coaching experience
And worked under 2 huge managers plus okayed under Poch
His age is the issue for a lot of people I’d assume
His lack of comparable experience is the issue not his age. He's never really coached or managed a first team in a real competitive environment. These caretaker stints really just don't tell us enough. He's a massive gamble, one that could work wonders but one just as likely to fail.

Ole is a really easy and lazy comparison to make but he had a lot more real experience and started his caretaker period on fire and even better than Mason and yet we saw how that turned out. That's the concern.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

His lack of comparable experience is the issue not his age. He's never really coached or managed a first team in a real competitive environment. These caretaker stints really just don't tell us enough. He's a massive gamble, one that could work wonders but one just as likely to fail.

Ole is a really easy and lazy comparison to make but he had a lot more real experience and started his caretaker period on fire and even better than Mason and yet we saw how that turned out. That's the concern.

I’d say comparable would be arteta, not ole
Ole had never been successful as a manager and was just holding the seat warm
Mason could well do that but he hasn’t had the run of games to even show that

I don’t at all
Nuno had never won anything as a a manager as far as I’m aware… unless we count the championship as a big win
Slot is wining the title in his second season
Would likely have won it when Covid canned the league
Got to a European final in his first season too
I mean he can’t do much more
And his record is much better than pochs was before Poch came here for reference
At the end of this season it’s at least comparable to Nagelsmann TBF except slot will have gone through more turmoil with a team and it’s one that doesn’t win the league every year
The difference is he inst “sexy”
I get it slightly, it's been a crap couple of years and because of that and what's seen as a Deja Vu scenario people are putting 2 and 2 together and potentially getting 12, I don't agree with it but I get it. There is also a level of people wanting the appointment yesterday and becoming restless the reality is people don't know how far through the proces we are to be getting this concerned yet. Its 3 games till summer, not anywhere near the timescales of Nunogate.

The worry I have is that people are going in early on Slot based on nothing, if he becomes manager so be it, I can't see how it's necessarily helpful people already knowing he is going to be a failure before the time but that's the game I suppose.

I’d say comparable would be arteta, not ole
Ole had never been successful as a manager and was just holding the seat warm
Mason could well do that but he hasn’t had the run of games to even show that
Ole was successful as a manager. He won the Norwegian league with Molde 2x, their only ever league wins.

I get it slightly, it's been a crap couple of years and because of that and what's seen as a Deja Vu scenario people are putting 2 and 2 together and potentially getting 12, I don't agree with it but I get it. There is also a level of people wanting the appointment yesterday and becoming restless the reality is people don't know how far through the proces we are to be getting this concerned yet. Its 3 games till summer, not anywhere near the timescales of Nunogate.

The worry I have is that people are going in early on Slot based on nothing, if he becomes manager so be it, I can't see how it's necessarily helpful people already knowing he is going to be a failure before the time but that's the game I suppose.

What was odd was we sacked conte a whole ago
Never seemed to want Poch back…‘unhappy fans
Nagelsmann gets sacked as much for what he has done off the pitch… we don’t want him …
Unhappy fans
Neither would have been considered if they were in work by the fans as gettable
Big because the club don’t want them for whatever reason is a disaster

Ole was successful as a manager. He won the Norwegian league with Molde 2x, their only ever league wins.

Sorry
I should have caveated that with over here
He did an awful job in England before
Where is he at now?

There would be a massive swing in getting levy out if that ever happened

Scarily he is 3rd favourite odds on to get the job ... if we recruit managers like we recruit players ... hes going to get the job isn't he?

Back