• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
No club in world football would choose Slot over Poch, so even if Slot says yes questions need to be asked as to why that's the path we're taking

Honestly, I'm baffled why any club in world football would choose Slot over Marcelo Gallardo, never mind the far superior choice in Poch.

Slot hasn't even achieved as much as Frank de Boer did in Dutch football - and we all know how FdB turned out.

And far, far less than Ten Hag did when he moved.

Seems like the Paulo Fonesca of 2023 to me - some rando who we want because he's cheap and we're unlikely to face competition for him.

Levy answers to a higher power than Spurs fans. Namely, the Cambridge Debating Society. ;)

What can we do though from where we are to get rid of this bald gnome? He clearly knows nothing about football and harbors no ambitions of winning anything.

But how do we get him and his 'investment company' to cash in?

As ENIC have said. We've always been available if the price is right. What is clear is their ownership is not about us. It's about their profit margin.

Do we have to wait for the stadium sponsorship deal till they cash in or can we force it early?

What about Mason and Slot as joint managers? Two rookies combining their experience. A modern day Curbishley and Gritt?

Honestly, I'm baffled why any club in world football would choose Slot over Marcelo Gallardo, never mind the far superior choice in Poch.

Slot hasn't even achieved as much as Frank de Boer did in Dutch football - and we all know how FdB turned out.

And far, far less than Ten Hag did when he moved.

Seems like the Paulo Fonesca of 2023 to me - some rando who we want because he's cheap and we're unlikely to face competition for him.
he would have beaten Ten Hag to the title the year they abandoned the league because of Covid

Further to my post above, bookies go Xabi Alonso, Slot then Rodgers/Potter/Poch before a host of names at double digit odds

They all have de Zerbi at quite long odds (14/1 or more), presumably reflecting the challenge in getting him released

Regardless of the precise odds, its good that the field is narrowing and Levy will soon need to get off the fence

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham/next-permanent-manager

Wow - what a depressing list.

Other than Poch, De Zerbi and Gallardo, that's a whole lot of nobodies and terrible fits

The Mirror have got a live hack on Levy's phone at the moment:

feel-like-home-like-know-come-home-long-trip-and-get-lay-own-bed-and-feels-like-heaven-feel-like

I understand that point of view, but all the names linked are gamble on some level.

I’m genuinely interested. Do you think there’s a sure thing candidate out there and if so who? If not, who is a considerably less calculated gamble than Mason?
No not really . Mason tho for me needs to cut his teeth in the championship. Bit like Kompany.

Clubs a bit of a mess , handful of bad results at start of season and fans will be on his back and we start again.

Genuinely don’t get why anyone here even cares about this anymore.

Its going to be Slot and its not going to work because we don’t have the ambition, nous or funds to make it work.

Kane is going and we are at best going to be a club that ends in 6th place and that is IF Slot over performs.

I genuinely think we are on a path now that will see us languish around 7th to 10th position for the foreseeable future.

We wont be able to compete in this new look league with these same old owners and these same old owners aren’t going anywhere.

Its sad times and we are about to embark on one of our darker periods in the history of the club.

What can we do though from where we are to get rid of this bald gnome? He clearly knows nothing about football and harbors no ambitions of winning anything.

But how do we get him and his 'investment company' to cash in?

As ENIC have said. We've always been available if the price is right. What is clear is their ownership is not about us. It's about their profit margin.

Do we have to wait for the stadium sponsorship deal till they cash in or can we force it early?

Quite the contrary, Levy had spoken of not selling the club and now fesses his love as a fan

GHod help us if he says no and Poch goes to you know who

Would be a Nuno moment

Slot is a Nuno moment.

No club in world football would choose Slot over Poch, so even if Slot says yes questions need to be asked as to why that's the path we're taking

They made that point earlier on the Friday weekend preview discussion on 5Live. Why would a club like Tottenham not at least be interested in talking to a manager like Nagelsmann or Pochettino? They said the only acceptable answer would be if they had someone better to approach.

Because we'll pay about 10 times their current salary?

And sack them after 15 months - maximum.

Fair enough, should have been 'recently relegated' since they went down in 2011, came up in 2014, won the league in 2014 and then appointed him, iirc.

Also..you've seen all the other brick he's won, right? More than that rando Slot bloke from Feyenoord could ever dream of?

If he's our next manager i'll be happy. Just think we should keep to the facts.

Back