• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
The way I see it is that our fan base is now polar divided between...

Happy to have Levy and able live with the fact that means we haven't won a trophy in nearly 20 years...

Or

Blame Levy for the fact we haven't won a trophy in nearly 20 years.

If you think that's bad enough, we have not been Champions since 1961. And we have the arsehols to put up with..but Spurs fans off course should be happy with their lot! So much for "to dare is to do". Sorry but you can't be fans that care if you think not winning The League since 1961 is OK and come out with something like but were better now than in the 1990's. OK nothing is definite in life but ..come on now! This club ..one of the richest in the World! This club was famous for Jimmy Greaves..Dave Mackay and Danny Blanchflower..allbeit in the past, their names cry out for inspiration. We need to get back to something Spurs fans can be proud of again.

No we haven't been champions since 1961. We've never won the european cup either. But the closest we've been since 61 is under levy. So what does that say?

"won more trophies than us." This is a bit of a spin, really. We have only won one Carabao Cup, lets not get ahead of ourselves, and that was in 2008.

Since 2009, a total of 15 different English football clubs have won a major trophy. These include:
  1. Manchester United
  2. Chelsea
  3. Emirates Marketing Project
  4. Arsenal
  5. Liverpool
  6. Leicester City
  7. Wigan Athletic
  8. Birmingham City
  9. Portsmouth
  10. Swansea City
  11. Bradford City
  12. Norwich City
  13. Hull City
  14. Southampton
  15. Tottenham Hotspur
Note that "major trophies" usually refers to the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, and the UEFA Champions League and Europa League. The list above includes clubs that have won at least one of these competitions since 2009.

That's 14 different teams who have won trophies since we last won a trophy....

I do think it’s funny that you posted this absolutely nonsense and have since failed to even acknowledge how wrong it is.

Taking out the teams who haven’t actually won anything (Soton, Hull, Norwich, Bradford) and the big clubs you’re left with:

- Swansea: 13th in the Championship
- Portsmouth: 9th in League One
- Birmingham: 15th in the Championship
- Wigan: 24th in the Championship
- Leicester: 19th in the Premier League

So unless you’re Manchester United, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal, trophies ane very hard to come by, and the clubs in that list have absolutely fluked it before running into serious trouble.

This might be controversial for the protestors, but I’d rather perennially finish 5th and be competitive in the Premier League than win a League Cup and then fade into oblivion.

Last edited:
I do think it’s funny that you posted this absolutely nonsense and have since failed to even acknowledge how wrong it is.

It was supposed to be a joke on the spin people post on here... but I don't think everyone got it... Sorry but my kids tell me I'm not funny all the time, they are probably right.

Pity. I feel like this would be much more a Mou/Conte appointment than a Jol/Harry/Poch/Slot appointment.

For that reason my strong preference is for Poch then Slot.

I want someone perceived as stepping up, not down. However, much as we all like to bitch on here, what I want doesn't count...

Agree, my heart sinks when I read links to Enrique.

Hiring him would show that Levy hasn't learnt anything and still thinks a 'proven winner' type manager can get this this group of players over the line. They can't.

I hope that if we have a shocking end to the season and finish 8/9th (entirely possible) that might convince Levy that it's time to start again with a Slot, Kompany, De Zerbi type appointment. I won't hold my breath though.

Snipes like these could suggest that for all the complaints about the club and the mistakes made over the years, literally the only thing that actually matters to you and others is just whether we win something or not - Chelsea are an absoloute basket case seemingly run by a clown but if they win a trophy that makes it ok? If Liecester get relegated that's ok as well because they won a couple of trophies?
The main purpose in competitive sport is to win things. If Leicester do get relegated then I bet they’re back in the premier league before we win something.

I want a manager who won't see the club as below him for me that rules out Enrique/JN and brings into play Slot/Poch

Not only that, but they'll need to sell some players at some point to balance the books. And it won't necessarily be the case that they will be able to sell the ones that are surplus to requirements. They may have to sell ones that the manager actually wants to keep.
The best sales for them will be those that have come through the youth team as they would be booked as a 100% profit. They will probably get £50m+ for Mason Mount this summer. Next year they’ll probably sell James for at least that…. And so on.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong Levy has made some mistakes with manager recruitment.

But it does also make me laugh how people on here read a few articles online, see the odd quote from a manager and come to conclusions that this manager is great for us because he plays attacking football, this manager is no good for us and sees Spurs as beneath him because he has the audacity to say he wants to win things etc If only football was as simple as get a young project coach who plays decent football and we'd be successful - a load of people on here were banging on about Potter a year ago, barely a peep of that now. Some of you would have a reality check if actually running a football club me thinks....

Agree, my heart sinks when I read links to Enrique.

Hiring him would show that Levy hasn't learnt anything and still thinks a 'proven winner' type manager can get this this group of players over the line. They can't.

I hope that if we have a shocking end to the season and finish 8/9th (entirely possible) that might convince Levy that it's time to start again with a Slot, Kompany, De Zerbi type appointment. I won't hold my breath though.

To use an allegory; success for us is like opening a lock but right now we have no idea which key to use. Unfortunately it would appear that Levy sees all these shiny keys dangling from a gold keyring and tries to continually jab them in the lock, even though it’s becoming quite clear that we have a combination lock and not a Yale lock. And yet it seems likely that Levy wants to keep jamming the shiny keys into the combination lock and it’s not opening and less people are shocked to see that so why is the behaviour continued?

It’s time to try a different approach or we will never unlock our true potential.

But it does also make me laugh how people on here read a few articles online, see the odd quote from a manager and come to conclusions that this manager is great for us because he plays attacking football, this manager is no good for us and sees Spurs as beneath him because he has the audacity to say he wants to win things etc If only football was as simple as get a young project coach who plays decent football and we'd be successful - a load of people on here were banging on about Potter a year ago, barely a peep of that now. Some of you would have a reality check if actually running a football club me thinks....

Most people would have a reality check running a half a billion dollar business, understanding responsibility to shareholders, having multi-year strategy and plans.

Potter (and De Zerbi) actually indicate to me that football is obviously a lot more complex than that and what is most important is the thing that our club had completely neglected for years - having a first class, scouting and recruitment structure, backed up by data and analytics and succession planning throughout the club. Once that is in place then of course you still need to find a manager that’s fits in well with that structure but assuming that is all that’s required would be doomed to fail.

Last edited:
The main purpose in competitive sport is to win things. If Leicester do get relegated then I bet they’re back in the premier league before we win something.

Yeah but that's an irrelevant point you keep making in response to posts detailing that other clubs are making mistakes/doing poorly as well. Leicester may come back up before we win anything & Chelsea may throw enough money at things to win a trophy before we do - doesn't change the fact they are both currently being poorly run

Potter (and De Zerbi) actually indicate to me that football is obviously a lot more complex than that and what is most important is the thing that our club had completely neglected for years - having a first class, scouting and recruitment structure, backed up by data and analytics and succession planning throughout the club. Once that is in place then of course you still need to find a manager that’s fits in well with that structure but assuming that is all that’s required would be doomed to fail.

You acknowledge football is a lot more complex but then revert to thinking that there is some magic solution (and I'm not defending our club at this point, nor am I saying that we shouldn't improve all departments at the club)

- Brighton have not solved the issue, just like Leicester didn't 4 years ago, just like Pool didn't when they got VVD & Allison

Here is me being Nostradamus, Brighton will sell a few more players at huge profit this summer and one of two things will happen, 1. the replacements will not work out and they will revert to norm next season, 2. they will work out and the cycle will be extended another year, either way, within 2 years they will revert to norm, and within 5 they will be relegated.

There is no data I've seen that shows any club has perfected/solved recruitment over any true sample size of data (10+ years), it's always hit or miss, and the nature of that is some years you will have good hits bunched up and some years brick bunched up. We just remember our own fudge ups more than anyone else's, and clubs with huge amounts of money can afford bigger misses, and clubs with less ambition can afford to develop players more so take bigger chances on lower level players.

Back