• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I thought the Barca team that won the CL in 2015 was better than Guardiola’s team. At least more direct and better to watch.

Sounds like a very subjective interpretation of some rubbish churned out in newsnow.

I’m not on the Enrique bandwagon btw (if there is one :D) but I don’t think we should dismiss him lightly.
From Spanish journalist Adriana Garcia

"I follow above all the Premier [League] because I would like to go to England to work," Luis Enrique told Cadena Ser radio on Wednesday.

"I wouldn't go to any team but to one that could do important things, which greatly reduces the number. I don't put my hopes up, really, because there are many candidates."

We need a manager prepared to work with the dross that we have and the inevitable sale of Harry kane. All compounded with settling for alternative players in the transfer market with a hit and hope strategy. Play attractive football and make do. He will also be commissioned to get top four and win a cup ... easy job for any manager out there.

Since enic took over only chelsea, utd, city, liverpool, leicester and arsenal have won more trophies than us. Leicester would be the only one you would expect not to. Winning trophies these days is hard if you are not a very big club or have a sugar daddy. We've come close a few times though.

"won more trophies than us." This is a bit of a spin, really. We have only won one Carabao Cup, lets not get ahead of ourselves, and that was in 2008.

Since 2009, a total of 15 different English football clubs have won a major trophy. These include:
  1. Manchester United
  2. Chelsea
  3. Emirates Marketing Project
  4. Arsenal
  5. Liverpool
  6. Leicester City
  7. Wigan Athletic
  8. Birmingham City
  9. Portsmouth
  10. Swansea City
  11. Bradford City
  12. Norwich City
  13. Hull City
  14. Southampton
  15. Tottenham Hotspur
Note that "major trophies" usually refers to the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, and the UEFA Champions League and Europa League. The list above includes clubs that have won at least one of these competitions since 2009.

That's 14 different teams who have won trophies since we last won a trophy....

Last edited:
I have merely started that there were no chants for certain managers to be dismissed but have been loud chants for the chairman to go. That is simply a fact.

The chairman wasn’t under pressure to get rid of Jol and especially Redknapp or Pochettino, the just chose to do so. The same thing will happen with the next manager and the one after that.
GHod forbid if managers are fired or appointed based on fan pressure. We'd be truly fudged.

"won more trophies than us." This is a bit of a spin, really. We have only won one Carabao Cup, lets not get ahead of ourselves, and that was in 2008.

Since 2009, a total of 15 different English football clubs have won a major trophy. These include:
  1. Manchester United
  2. Chelsea
  4. Arsenal
  5. Liverpool
  6. Leicester City
  7. Wigan Athletic
  8. Birmingham City
  9. Portsmouth
  10. Swansea City
  11. Bradford City
  12. Norwich City
  13. Hull City
  14. Southampton
  15. Tottenham Hotspur
Note that "major trophies" usually refers to the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, and the UEFA Champions League and Europa League. The list above includes clubs that have won at least one of these competitions since 2009.

Are you sure this is since 2009? When did Bradford, Norwich, Hull, and Soton win anything? And Portsmouth won in 2008. In any case, I wouldn't want to be any of the teams from 6-14, even if they have won a cup.

1. Manchester United
  2. Chelsea
  4. Arsenal
  5. Liverpool
  6. Leicester City
  7. Wigan Athletic
  8. Birmingham City
  9. Portsmouth
  10. Swansea City
  11. Bradford City
  12. Norwich City
  13. Hull City
  14. Southampton
  15. Tottenham Hotspur

No it doesn't.

1. Manchester United
  2. Chelsea
  4. Arsenal
  5. Liverpool
  6. Leicester City
  7. Wigan Athletic
  8. Birmingham City
  9. Portsmouth
  10. Swansea City
  11. Bradford City
  12. Norwich City
  13. Hull City
  14. Southampton
  15. Tottenham Hotspur

That'll be a list of clubs to have made finals.
Bradford played Swansea in the League cup final a few years back.

You did make me chuckle by writing to counter some spin only to post up some spin/lie of your own.

To me he seems like the most rational choice. Poch a close second.

For me Poch ticks the most boxes, then you can take your pick from Slot/de Zerbi/Kompany/Conceicao etc. That group are all early ni their managerial careers so present similar risks and have somewhat similar attractions

licensed-image

Last edited:
Yes. All I want is for MY football team to win trophies and and for me to enjoy that.

Don't care what Levy does generally...I only care what he's doing when he is messing up any chance of my team winning a trophy.
If only you had to make the difficult decisions, I'm sure we'd, sorry you'd, win everything.

1. Manchester United
  2. Chelsea
  4. Arsenal
  5. Liverpool
  6. Leicester City
  7. Wigan Athletic
  8. Birmingham City
  9. Portsmouth
  10. Swansea City
  11. Bradford City
  12. Norwich City
  13. Hull City
  14. Southampton
  15. Tottenham Hotspur

If you think that's bad enough, we have not been Champions since 1961. And we have the arsehols to put up with..but Spurs fans off course should be happy with their lot! So much for "to dare is to do". Sorry but you can't be fans that care if you think not winning The League since 1961 is OK and come out with something like but were better now than in the 1990's. OK nothing is definite in life but ..come on now! This club ..one of the richest in the World! This club was famous for Jimmy Greaves..Dave Mackay and Danny Blanchflower..allbeit in the past, their names cry out for inspiration. We need to get back to something Spurs fans can be proud of again.

Back