• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
It matters where they have come from because for FFP, which is what Chelsea will be concerned about assuming they feel the regulations will be enforced, the remaining asset value of the player would have to be set against the book value of the player (transfer fee paid minus the transfer fee paid divided by the initial length of contract given to the player).

So this summer selling (e.g.) Mount for £50m would be a better deal than selling (e.g) Enzo Fernandes for £100m. This is because Fernandez would still have a book value of £93 million this summer and therefore a £100m sale would only be booked as a £7m profit, whereas Mount would have a book value of zero and therefore allow Chelsea to book a £50m profit.

That is why I think we'll see Chelsea selling one of the players who have come through their academy in each of the next several summers. Mount this year, Gallagher next year, James the one after, etc.
From an accounting standpoint you are correct, but that's not the point I was making though. My point was that what matters is whether the players they sell are key to the manager's plans. If the academy players they sell are key to the plans, then it's going to be to the detriment of their on-pitch performances. Which means either the performances will suffer, or they will have to spend to replace them to keep performances high. Either way, it's not looking good for them.

I love how some say we are doing it the right way without a sugar daddy etc which is fine ... but what way are we currently going? I think we have peaked under the stewardship of Danny. He won't change his strategy due to his lack of the understanding football with matters on the pitch.

We got the stadium and training ground now we need a chairman with a better strategy on the pitch.
I believe that is the direction we are moving in with the appointment of a DoF and a chief of football operations. It's not going to happen in a few weeks, though. Might take a couple of years before you see the fruits of this change, though.

Fans would be more forgiving, imo, with a manager who was here for a project - both Conte and Mourinho are short term managers and the knock-on effect of that is patience is naturally going to be limited.
I would like to think that's the case, but I have a feeling the fans' patience will still be shorter than required. Many of our fans see how financially robust we are currently and will still expect us to buy our way to success, rather than develop it. If we get a project manager that recruits youth for the project, I can see the fans grumbling that Levy is being cheap and taking punts on cheap promising youngsters. I think to a certain extent we are the victims of our financial success. Let's see...

Aston Villa, Sunderland, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves, Huddersfield. These teams have been champions more times than us. They should feel more entitled to winning a league title than us. But they're not, because they understand where they currently are in the pecking order. The only thing that is making us feel entitled is the fact that the current ownership has pulled us so far ahead of these clubs and consistently near the top, in spite of some missteps along the way. You're welcome.
Its more than just where we are and entitlement.

2 things come to mind.. 1. I like to think as Spurs as being a great club lol,I absolutely love the club! and we should be doing more than 1961..repeating myself..OK
2. Why on earth do we keep going Spurzy just as we're sitting on top of a great big wave on our surf board and everyone thinks were going to get a f ing good score on this one.. and then we fall arse over tit before we've even hit the tunnel
and the crowd on the beach are tinkling themselves laughing.
Now we know this happening everytime we hit that crest of a wave ..we simply fall off..
Something wrong here?.. and this has become too much for some of the fans to take. Then me included thinks we are surely going to turn this around next time surely.. and then guess what happens next time...

Fans would be more forgiving, imo, with a manager who was here for a project - both Conte and Mourinho are short term managers and the knock-on effect of that is patience is naturally going to be limited.

Think fans would be more forgiving if they got the right manager to fit their strategy ... both Conte and Mourinho splash the cash but almost guarantee success ... we are never going to be that club under the two mentioned. Don't even start on NES ...

We just seem to think a winner coming in will make us win ... it takes more that a manager. It takes cohesion from the board to the fans ... on that point levy has lost the plot

That's the easy bit. The hard bit is writing enic out on a bedsheet, sticking a gram up your nose, and standing on the street for an hour, because you read about it on twitter. Those who can't handle that level of commitment, sit behind their keyboards spreading the truth they've read on twitter.
"What did you do in the war against Enic grandad?" "Well I can tell you I wrote ten million words of abuse on the web." "Oooh you were an Internet keyboard warrior, I'm so proud of you grandad."

Take a bow son, brilliant.

Its more than just where we are and entitlement.

2 things come to mind.. 1. I like to think as Spurs as being a great club lol,I absolutely love the club! and we should be doing more than 1961..repeating myself..OK
2. Why on earth do we keep going Spurzy just as we're sitting on top of a great big wave on our surf board and everyone thinks were going to get a f ing good score on this one.. and then we fall arse over tit before we've even hit the tunnel
and the crowd on the beach are tinkling themselves laughing.
Now we know this happening everytime we hit that crest of a wave ..we simply fall off..
Something wrong here?.. and this has become too much for some of the fans to take. Then me included thinks we are surely going to turn this around next time surely.. and then guess what happens next time...
I don't know why we keep going Spurzy, as you say. What I do know is that in the Leicester title year we were still a bit raw and the following year we lost the title to a team with no Europe and no injuries. Such is sport. Sometimes you need the stars to align and the timing to be right.

And we've been in 6 finals in the last 20 years and only managed to win one. Why do you think that is?

He's a spurs guy who wants to manage us again. I doubt he will be taking the Chelsea job or Arsenal were it ever offered.

It's divided, but the two groups are:

1. The group that will blame Levy if their dog got run over by a car.

2. The group that appreciates where we were when Levy took over and where we are now, understands that this is not the end of the process, and accepts the fact there will be fudge-ups along the way

There is a third group. Thinks maybe a change in ownership might be beneficial but doesn't hate enic/levy.

Back