• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Maybe they have been forced to "talk to" Roy due to the press getting on the F.A's back for not lining up a new manager yet and they will approach Arry when Spurs have nothing to play for?

Journos wetting themselves because their mate has been overlooked. This is fooking hilarious.

this is why i feel sorry for Woy. The media dont want him, not enough wiseguy comments, cheeky chappy 'ows ya movver, apples an' pears baloney

Maybe they have been forced to "talk to" Roy due to the press getting on the F.A's back for not lining up a new manager yet and they will approach Arry when Spurs have nothing to play for?

What if Hodgson gets the job?

If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say this:

This is clearly a ploy cleverly designed by Bernstein to get Redknapp to move his arse and take the England job already. The FA will make Hodgson such a brick offer he'll have to refuse it, but this will just be making Redknapp more desperate for the job.

if we don't make the CL, harry will get the sack if england don't take him off our hands. That was the minimum requirement.

if we do, then Harry will have to agree to some very strict conditions if he wants to stay. These include

Coaching turnaround. The vast majority of Harry's 'jobs for the boys' have to go. These include 'pass it backwards Sherwood', 'teach nothing Ferdinand' amongst others. Jordan will be allowed to stay and Bond has to stay in order to drive Harry. Levy will appoint at least 1 main tactical coach.

Fitness. A new fitness regime is needed under a new fitness team. Harry doesn't really appreciate 21st century fitness regimes.

DoF. Harry clearly has little clue how to buy anyone unless they are experienced or have played for him previously. He has no clue how to build a squad. Defoe, Keane, Crouch, Palacios, etc have all been short term fixes, He turned down the likes of Llorente, Suarez and Huntelaar and didn't play Sandro for the first 6 months he was here. He also freezes out anyone he doesn't play regularly, so Levy hasn't been able to sign the players he's wanted to. A DoF is needed.

Harry could well take on a role as Executive Manager, overseeing the overall playing situation with a new younger manager such as Rodgers as the first team coach.

As I said earlier, don't think this is over, they are only approaching him, this is not over, 'arry is still firmly on the radar and this is a negotiating tool to knock harry's demands down

this is why i feel sorry for Woy. The media dont want him, not enough wiseguy comments, cheeky chappy 'ows ya movver, apples an' pears baloney

Listening to Talksport, they're all in total denial. "This is just a ploy to smoke out Redknapp" and so on. Sound like jilted lovers.

Journos wetting themselves because their mate has been overlooked. This is fooking hilarious.

Oh I bet.

Woy could win the Euros but he loses a few games the knives are out, journos are ruthless when it comes to the England manager, especially I can imagine when it's a manager they didn't get the job.

What if Hodgson gets the job?

If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say this:

This is clearly a ploy cleverly designed by Bernstein to get Redknapp to move his arse and take the England job already. The FA will make Hodgson such a brick offer he'll have to refuse it, but this will just be making Redknapp more desperate for the job.

I can't see it. I dont see the point of making an official statement on the site if this was the case. Everyone was expecting them to interview a few people. They can do that without the official statements. I think they have approached with the idea of offering the job.

Yep sad the media reaction. Frankly for all Harry's outstanding achievement in pulling us up to where we are I am tired of his constant twitterings. Hodgson is a good candidate, well-equipped for the job and a good guy. Out of interest if they did also want to speak to Harry (unlikely imo) what would peoples reaction be?

Oh I bet.

Woy could win the Euros but he loses a few games the knives are out, journos are ruthless when it comes to the England manager, especially I can imagine when it's a manager they didn't get the job.

Exactly. I like Woy, he appears a decent fella and a good manager, but, i can already picture his demise and the downright nasty dismantling of him by the gutter press. (thats if he gets it)

Sam Wallace‏@SamWallaceIndyReply
Retweet

Favorite
?À Open

Reliably informed this isn't a negotiating tactic on the FA's part. Roy Hodgson is their No 1 choice to be the next England manager

i suppose it is possible they ask for permission to speak to Hodgson now, have a chat with him, check out his ideas etc, leave it at that and in two weeks time do the same with Redknapp and then after those discussions the FA will quickly make a final decision.

who knows whats really going on

Sam Wallace‏@SamWallaceIndyReply
Retweet

Favorite
?À Open

Reliably informed this isn't a negotiating tactic on the FA's part. Roy Hodgson is their No 1 choice to be the next England manager

Strong stance, yes I smell a negotiating tool there

And I can see poor woy be wuined by the awful media, he will get absolutely raped if we lose a game

Hodgson is definitely the cheaper candidate. Out of contract, no compo, will be happy with 3mill a year

Back