• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

West Brom get to safety - FA can now approach them to talk about Roy. Doesn't mean a deal is done or anything but FA need to be shown that they are doing something.

When our season is over (i.e can no longer get 3rd or 4th) so might be the last game - then FA will ask if they can talk to Harry. FA are making sure that they can't be blamed for any club's season deteriorating by making an early approach - what if they had talked to WBA and they had gone into freefall and got relegated?

Pearce will announce a provisional squad on Thursday with the big caveat that the final selection won't necessarily come from that 'working group'.

FA have to be seen to talk to all possible candidates. This announcement changes nothing IMO.

This may have been asked on a previous page, but I've only read the OP and page 6, but I ask you guys this:

Would Harry have got the job if we were still on our early season form?

Will we play better now that Harry knows he's stuck at Spurs?

IS THIS GOOD OR BAD?!

I really don't think it matters. If we blow it won't be because of this, if we succeed it won't be either.

Levy trying to do a deal again at the last minute has backfired

Also Hodgson has international experience. People always get tired of favorites. They have their moment and like cut flowers fade quickly. It had an impact on our season though, in my opinion.

I'm happy. Our best Manager in 20 years may end up staying and I have the added bonus that Liverpool fans will be seriously tinkled off :lol:

This may have been asked on a previous page, but I've only read the OP and page 6, but I ask you guys this:

Would Harry have got the job if we were still on our early season form?

Will we play better now that Harry knows he's stuck at Spurs?

IS THIS GOOD OR BAD?!

I actually think Hodgson is the far better qualified candidate, so maybe the FA have actually made a decision on that basis for a change.

Most probably, though, they just didn't fancy the circus that comes with Redknapp and it didn't have a great deal to do with footballing issues.

Interesting development. Quite embarrassing for Harry because came across he assumed he was going to get it. Roy is a decent choice, I like him personally. Not sure what it means for us, had personally assumed Harry was going. Not entirely happy with the instability this has created and if he stays I hope we see some humility in relation to some of the mistakes made in the last few months because we have real potential that would be shocking to squander.

The other things is, didn't Bernstein praise Redknapp last week? It seems unspeakably unfair and cruel to do that a few days before approaching someone else. What the hell's with that?

That was Phil Gartside. The press jumped on it as he was the first fa board member to mentioned Redknapp, even though he wasn't one of the people making the decision.

This reminds me of Susan Boyle not winning BGT a few years ago. She was by far the odds-on favourite, nobody had even given a thought elsewhere.

But the problem was she ended up not winning it and found herself in the Priory Mental Home that night ](*,) ](*,)

Back