• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

The FA are nuts. Redknapp would be a perfect England manager. Exactly the personality that players would respond to in short bursts. Harry would also get England running around a bit - his teams have always been fast and dynamic - rather than the lethargic, fat-arsed tempo the likes of Lampard and Barry set. He might set them free a bit. The man in the street also likes Harry, as do the press.

The other things is, didn't Bernstein praise Redknapp last week? It seems unspeakably unfair and cruel to do that a few days before approaching someone else. What the hell's with that?

maybe Harry was approached but it was no deal?

Sorry but are people really suggesting that a run of bad form means that Harry has a) destroyed this team and b) been unsuccessful? What the fudging fudge?

hey, your only as good as your last game remember :-"
(oh wait, have some fickle modern fans misunderstood that ethos?!)

Now we have a large fan base against a manager that may be staying (regardless of the fact we may get champions league again) where do we go from here? Suddenly start supporting him again?

is that really the case though?

there is certainly a vocal, persistent number among the few hundred on here and a few thousand (i guess) across all the other boards, but is that the case at the Lane, in the real world?

i've not been to the Lane this year for a couple of reasons, so what's it like there? any worse than other years during a bad spell or clearly, vehemently Harry-out from a majority or sizeable minority?

i think if we get 4th and the CL, all will be well with most of those that go week in, week out. the internet? that's a different beast.

"The FA have insisted that they have approached no other manager"

That's believable. I don't see why they would be open about approaching Hodgson, and not Redknapp

"The FA have insisted that they have approached no other manager"

That's believable. I don't see why they would be open about approaching Hodgson, and not Redknapp

it is, just being devil's advocate.

i actually agree it's cruel to big someone up publicly, then go for another someone.

I don't think it definitely means Hodgson is the man yet.

I'm not sure about Harry. The recent run has highlighted a lot of alarming things which he papered over with the great results.

- His inability to be professional regarding his own players and other teams'.
- His continuous belittling of squad players
- His alarming tactical flaws in major games which have cost us dearly (2 up top against Arsenal away was suicidal)
- His inability to lift a flagging side, devoid of confidence of late.
- The fact he keeps blaming a lack of squad resources despite being the man to ok Pienaar, Bassong, Corluka loans, and bringing in two old injury prone players (Saha and Nelsen)
- His recent comment about 'wanting' Tevez and instead getting Saha. Seems incredibly naive in the transfer market despite his supposed reputation as a wheeler dealer. We were in with a shout of winning a title incredibly in the January transfer window. A signing like Patinkle Cisse may have been the catalyst to keep the great run going and push us on a level. Blew a great opportunity, and I've no doubt that his court case kept him too busy to do any business.
- He is also very quick to turn on the fans, and acts like he is made of teflon. It's never his fault.

I have my reservations. I'll support him, but can imagine exactly what this summer will be like with him constantly talking to his media mates about Bale and Luka moves away from the Lane.

Redknapp only has himself to blame. Not only have his results been shoddy since Capello left, but blabbing in the press about the job every week, writing columns about how he would sort the team out, getting his son to cheerlead for him, etc. have shown exactly the lack of class and dignity that probably put the FA off. If he'd just shut up, got his head down and got on with the Spurs job, we'd be qualified for the CL by now, and he'd have been getting a phone call this evening.

hey, your only as good as your last game remember :-"
(oh wait, have some fickle modern fans misunderstood that ethos?!)

Im not fickle and definitely not modern (im pretty sure I have misunderstood your post though)

I just find it astonishing that from a time when fans were wanting him to stay and fudging singing that they are now wanting him to go because of a few games where we havent gotten the results (although we have actually played fairly ok and not deserving a coupl eof the losses we had and a draw or two we have which shoulda been wins).

What if we get fourth? will they want him to stay? what if we get fourth but miss out on CL because Chelscum won the damn competition? What if we finish third and above le Arse? will that suffice?

Don't forget, when Cappello was sacked, if they had appointed Woy almost immediately, we may well be champions this season.......

if that was the reason we veered of course

thats f*cking annoying me now

Well that is no surprise to me, i have always said that i did not believe the FA would be daft enough to offer Redknapp the job . They would not want another KK situation.

More importantly, what will Daniel do, the summer will be exciting.

sack Redknapp on Aug 30th, hire Martinez on 31st Aug at 1pm, start bidding for players from 1.30pm until midnight when the window closes

Don't forget, when Cappello was sacked, if they had appointed Woy almost immediately, we may well be champions this season.......

if that was the reason we veered of course

thats f*cking annoying me now

Redknapp being heavily linked with the England job has nothing to do with our form in my opinion. A forward failing to find the net, a wide man over hitting a cross, a defender lapsing concetration etc would have happened regardless.

This may have been asked on a previous page, but I've only read the OP and page 6, but I ask you guys this:

Would Harry have got the job if we were still on our early season form?

Will we play better now that Harry knows he's stuck at Spurs?

IS THIS GOOD OR BAD?!

Also Hodgson has international experience. People always get tired of favorites. They have their moment and like cut flowers fade quickly. It had an impact on our season though, in my opinion.

Back