• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Now we have a large fan base against a manager that may be staying (regardless of the fact we may get champions league again) where do we go from here? Suddenly start supporting him again?

It's probably too late to turn it around. For all parties concerned Redknapp moving on in the Summer may be for the best. Even if he is blameless, very few Managers can turn around fan perception once it's turned negative. There were a lot of fans who wanted him out this time last year, who have been quietly biding their time and spreading poison about him with little digs all season. Now they are brave enough to be in open revolt, and have persuaded a lot of other Spurs fans to join their cause.

I think if we get CL football Levy would keep Harry, if not then I think he's probably gone, maybe.

The FA are nuts. Redknapp would be a perfect England manager. Exactly the personality that players would respond to in short bursts. Harry would also get England running around a bit - his teams have always been fast and dynamic - rather than the lethargic, fat-arsed tempo the likes of Lampard and Barry set. He might set them free a bit. The man in the street also likes Harry, as do the press.

The other things is, didn't Bernstein praise Redknapp last week? It seems unspeakably unfair and cruel to do that a few days before approaching someone else. What the hell's with that?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha.

He gets the best out of all those players? Really? What Levy spent almost a decade building is now going down the drain because of Harry's short-term thinking.

1. i think you missed part of my point - that none of those palyers were in the "best team in decades" that Harry inherited

2. well, results speak for themselves - we are 4th with three games left and FA cup Semi Finalists. Not too shabby id say.
Harry isnt perfect - and im not sold on the idea he can take us forward for here. But there is as much chance of him taking us forward as totally revamping the management and coaching structure will do

Do you reckon he'll be able to handle the egos? He did manage Inter with limited success mind you. The other thing with Hodgson is that he is a fantastic tactical coach. He really drills his teams and their success is based on how organised they are. Will he have enough time on the training pitch to be able to do that at international level with England?

On the positive side, maybe it's finally the end of Gerrard's England career :p

Don't also forget the fact half the squad had already fallen in love with the idea of HR taking over. Hopefully professional enough to get on board with the new manager, but we are talking about professional footballers...ego's first etc

The FA are nuts. Redknapp would be a perfect England manager. Exactly the personality that players would respond to in short bursts. Harry would also get England running around a bit - his teams have always been fast and dynamic - rather than the lethargic, fat-arsed tempo the likes of Lampard and Barry set. He might set them free a bit. The man in the street also likes Harry, as do the press.

The other things is, didn't Bernstein praise Redknapp last week? It seems unspeakably unfair and cruel to do that a few days before approaching someone else. What the hell's with that?

I still think this move may be a bargaining chip to get some leverage on 'arry, so that 'arry can't demand the earth when they speak at the end of the season

Sorry but are people really suggesting that a run of bad form means that Harry has a) destroyed this team and b) been unsuccessful? What the fudging fudge?

Do you reckon he'll be able to handle the egos?

This would have been a problem whoever the coach was, even Redknapp. In fact, it would have probably been Redknapp's undoing, since his solution would probably have been to find a way to accommodate all of them. We'd probably have been back to a central midfield of Lampard and Gerrard.

This has been news for a few weeks now amongst the media and football world. This is why Redknapp JR came out in the press saying his dad should be England manager. Harry was always bricking it that he hadn't been approached as he was paranoid other people had; so he got Jamie to come out with this little gem:

He told The Sun: "The public want him. I am his son and will support him.

"If England ask, he'd think about it. But at the moment, no-one at the FA is being pro-active. It is not long to the Euros and we haven't got a manager."

Unfortunately for all involved his fears were correct and it looks like we've missed out on an opportunity to get rid of him. I'm looking forward to the next few years of signing ageing players for high wages whilst saying we haven't 'ad it so good.

Jol wasn't Levy. Jol was Arnesen's choice. Levy over ruled him and brought in Santini. Once Arnesen left Jol was on borrowed time, and Levy brought in Ramos.
You're right. Still, my point stands. We built a very strong team over many years, mainly due to a well-functioning transfer policy which Levy should be given a lot of credit for. I appreciate what Harry did for us when he first was appointed, and I agree he did get the most out of our squad. I don't think he does so any longer, and he seems to have compromised the future of the club for short-term success. Because of this, I'm dead certain that our honeymoon period is over if Harry stays. Nothing would please me more than to be proven wrong on that.

It's probably too late to turn it around. For all parties concerned Redknapp moving on in the Summer may be for the best. Even if he is blameless, very few Managers can turn around fan perception once it's turned negative. There were a lot of fans who wanted him out this time last year, who have been quietly biding their time and spreading poison about him with little digs all season. Now they are brave enough to be in open revolt, and have persuaded a lot of other Spurs fans to join their cause.

If only people could think for themselves..........:)

i actaully think the FA may have got it right for a change

Woy is an experience Intl manager - he has the tactical ability and knowledge at Intl level and also offers stability along with the ability to be a good mentor for Stuart Pearce

with Harry it would be overhaul and circus time - maybe time for England to try and ditch the circus and become a serious Intl team again? Rather than the joke we have been for a decade.

Back