• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Not sure the Harry to Stay thread should have been locked. There have been so many anti-Harry threads lately, was good to see some positives for him.

There is a lot to be said for consistency and learning from what has gone before. If Harry and the team can do this, plus bring in some fresh blood - coaching as well as players - then I would be pleased if he stays.

Attain CL and Harry will be flavour of the month again.

Considering how they treated Di Matteo, and how well Di Matteo is now doing at Chelsea, one could say it's karma....

this is also true.

but, no club sticks by a failing manager these days, and Roy has them going so well now.

Curbishley is a good shout.

reckon Martinez could command bigger things.

Bruce? Rafa? McCarthy?

Not sure the Harry to Stay thread should have been locked. There have been so many anti-Harry threads lately, was good to see some positives for him.

There is a lot to be said for consistency and learning from what has gone before. If Harry and the team can do this, plus bring in some fresh blood - coaching as well as players - then I would be pleased if he stays.

Attain CL and Harry will be flavour of the month again.

But there was already a "In support of Harry" thread.

Yes Levy. He's been brilliant for us so i don't see what's funny. Arry has been good on the whole though i'll give him that.

I think Levy being brilliant is an overstatement. He has been a tad fortunate on more than one occasion. Levy is ultimately accountable, so if Redknapp is a joke and needs to be fired then questions need to be asked of the person who has made yet another bad appointment for a Spurs manager.

I think Levy being brilliant is an overstatement. He has been a tad fortunate on more than one occasion. Levy is ultimately accountable, so if Redknapp is a joke and needs to be fired then questions need to be asked of the person who has made yet another bad appointment for a Spurs manager.

but luckily enough you've stated that Arry has been very good so i guess Levy has too for making that appointment.

Now we have a large fan base against a manager that may be staying (regardless of the fact we may get champions league again) where do we go from here? Suddenly start supporting him again?

Why?

If he is bold enough to start shunting out the old guard, bring in young players with lesser egos that will be open to his ideas, he could be very successful (in England terms). He is a good manager, well-suited to the international game, and has experience at that level.

He s good and getting average players to overachieve in no-pressure environments.

Too many massive ego s to control in that camp, not to mention the media. Not sure how he ll cope with that, especially after the Anfield fiasco

Poor choice for England, imho

Hodgson? I think an excellent choice personally. He got a raw deal at Liverpool, taking over in the middle of a civil war between 2 owners. Dalglish has a worse league record than Hodgson had and for obvious reasons has escaped much flak from the supporters.

He has done very well with most of the teams he has been at including West Brom, Fulham and Inter. Plus, he has reknowned international knowledge and pedigree from his time with Switzerland. Ive read plenty of things from players who worked with him at numerous appointments that say he is excellent to work and play for and that training sessions especially were throughly enjoyable and varied.

I disagree. Hodgeson is tactically astute, has a good record in a number of leagues and has international experience.

Do you reckon he'll be able to handle the egos? He did manage Inter with limited success mind you. The other thing with Hodgson is that he is a fantastic tactical coach. He really drills his teams and their success is based on how organised they are. Will he have enough time on the training pitch to be able to do that at international level with England?

On the positive side, maybe it's finally the end of Gerrard's England career :p

They have gone for the cheap option, rather like when Sven left and we took on Mclaren on the cheap

Back