• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Has Chelsea's league form dipped ? Did City's ? Utd's ? Arseanal's ? and if you do manage to find a defeat in there that you manage to tie up with playing in Europe, what constitutes a dip ? Is it the same 1 win in 9 that we had even without European football ?

I'm not necessarily arguing it would dip, however it is an argument that has reared its head many times on this board before. I am a great advocate of pursuing the europa league, watching how over the moon the Bilbao players when they got to the final made me wish we had given it more of a go. Unfortunately though, Europa is just seen as the low fat version of the Champions League. Easy to fix, give the winner a fudging champions league spot. Its so obvious it genuinely annoys me

Yeah, I scour this board looking for your posts, and treasure them all.
Help from you - thanks for the offer

Do me a favour, just drop it. You have a wasp up your arse about me, and you criticise and snipe at everything I say, and agree with people who make the same points as me. I get it, I probably rubbished a post of yours in the past and you can't let it go.

I understand that you are upset with me. Just put me on ignore FFS. But let it go.

There you go again thinking that what you post upsets me, :lol: i think your opinions on others that disagree with you are wrong and i will keep saying that if you persist in making sweeping observations about others. It seems to be its you that can not accept that.

My view. At this point I think Harry should be replaced, but if he stays I will back him. He's not a bad manager by any stretch of the imagination, but he doesn't seem to be learning from his repeated mistakes, and he needs to keep his mouth shut more. If he stays, I'm sure he will have more backing in the transfer market, but I hope he learns his lessons. I have to admit, I'm starting to see why both Pompey and Southampton brought in DoF above his head, as they obviously didn't trust his ability in the transfer market either

There you go again thinking that what you post upsets me, :lol: i think your opinions on others that disagree with you are wrong and i will keep saying that if you persist in making sweeping observations about others. It seems to be its you that can not accept that.

Do me a favour, just drop it. You have a wasp up your arse about me, and you criticise and snipe at everything I say, and agree with people who make the same points as me. I get it, I probably rubbished a post of yours in the past and you can't let it go.

I understand that you are upset with me. Just put me on ignore FFS. But let it go.

Annoying, isn't it, when someone picks up on everything a certain poster says, and criticizes their very presence on the board.?

Annoying, isn't it, when someone picks up on everything a certain poster says, and criticizes their very presence on the board.?

Not really, but I'm cogniscent of the fact that if I say the wrong thing, I'll get banned - because you warned me against doing - well, precisely what he is doing.

In reality I'd like to give him a frank and honest appraisal of his posting and the contents of his posts, but I don't want to give moderators any more excuses to add to my points tally.

Isn't winding people up frowned upon? Because - I'd say thats what is going on. He isn't attempting to critique or criticise my posts, he is simply making critical personal comments (which are about as effective as a fish fart.) I have also asked him to stop harranguing me in any thread I post in - which he does, another transgression, according to the rules - will he get the same level of treatment? I'm not asking you to do it, because I can fight my own battles, it just saddens me that I have to do it with my arms tied behind my back - metaphorically speaking.

I was posting criticisms of you know who's posts - the person who posts thousands of posts in a few months, the quality, accuracy and value of which I believe to be of a low standard. Because of the inordinate volume of posts presented, it just seemed to you that I was criticising his presence on the board

I've heard many people describe the England manager's job as the "biggest job in all of football". Can someone please explain to me why this is the case?

Are we the biggest country in the world? No

Are we the best at football? No

I've heard many people describe the England manager's job as the "biggest job in all of football". Can someone please explain to me why this is the case?

Are we the biggest country in the world? No

Are we the best at football? No

we used to be........

I think the reference is more about the fact that its the biggest job in football to an Englishman.

Not really, but I'm cogniscent of the fact that if I say the wrong thing, I'll get banned - because you warned me against doing - well, precisely what he is doing.

In reality I'd like to give him a frank and honest appraisal of his posting and the contents of his posts, but I don't want to give moderators any more excuses to add to my points tally.

Isn't winding people up frowned upon? Because - I'd say thats what is going on. He isn't attempting to critique or criticise my posts, he is simply making critical personal comments (which are about as effective as a fish fart.) I have also asked him to stop harranguing me in any thread I post in - which he does, another transgression, according to the rules - will he get the same level of treatment? I'm not asking you to do it, because I can fight my own battles, it just saddens me that I have to do it with my arms tied behind my back - metaphorically speaking.

I was posting criticisms of you know who's posts - the person who posts thousands of posts in a few months, the quality, accuracy and value of which I believe to be of a low standard. Because of the inordinate volume of posts presented, it just seemed to you that I was criticising his presence on the board

I will take this to PMs in order to preserve this thread.
When I have some spare time.

we used to be........

I think the reference is more about the fact that its the biggest job in football to an Englishman.

Personally, I think the Man United job is bigger, and that's just jobs in this country. Barca, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich are all bigger and more glamorous jobs

hodgson? really ? watch hodgson fail and then redknapp get the call up after.

I think he'll do okay. I was surprised researching his record more yesterday. He hasn't really done a particularly bad job anywhere, bar perhaps Liverpool. Which seemed quite an exceptional job with all that was going on there.

I think the main advantage is that he has international experience. You never really know for sure if some managers can deal with the differences. He did a decent job with the Swiss and Finland. I'm fairly optimistic he might be the first England manager since the early days of Sven to actually pick the right team and get them setup right. Whether it'll be good enough for much more beyond the quarter-finals, I'm not sure.

Back