• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Its astonishing isn't it?

At the start of the season, before a ball was kicked people were stating publicly on here that 4th would be their wildest dream

we are fourth and Redknapp is the biggest waste of space since Gross, and slightly less popular than an outbreak of ebola in a kindergarten

astonishing, truly astonishing

It isn't really.

You clearly have a low astonishment threshold.

You're right, he didn't label us all idiots. He did label some Spurs fans idiots though and that's not on for anyone employed by the club. The correct response is something like:
"They're fans and they've spent their time and hard-earned money supporting the club so they're entitled to their own opinion - I disagree with it" - all other managers can do it, he needs to learn how. He's also taken a number of opportunities to belittle our club in order to make his own slump in form seem more acceptable.

The manager is the front line representative of our club and the way he acts and behaves is often the way the club is perceived to be. Redknapp being in charge of Spurs makes me a little less proud to be a Spurs fan, and that should never have to happen to any of us purely for believing in there being a "right way" for the club to behave.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'd rather our team struggled with a manager who respected the club than succeeded with someone like Redknapp.

Don't waste your time trying to defend rational opinions against teh mass Harry reach around.

It was. No doubt about it.

But managers feel pressure and make mistakes like we all do. It seems some people though think that such mistakes and slips of the tongue are so out of order that they are the opportunity for hostility and personalised abuse. Twitchy old prick and such like. That's a simple loss of perspective.

No - it's a statement of fact.

You give Harry all the benefit of the doubt yet fail to conceed any criticicm is valid.

How many times does he have to tinkle people off before they open their fudging eyes FFS!!

Money talks. The sooner people start being realistic the better.

He left Portsmouth because of the bigger club, status and salary.

He wanted to do the same with England, abiding time to increase the potential salary and now the door has been slammed in his face after a terrible run.

People who think he is here because of loyalty are kidding themselves.

An example of loyalty is like that of DiMatteo at Chelsea who is currently managing a club he played for and loves. I reckon he would manage Chelsea for free if he was guarenteed the position.

Harry is the exact type who will jump ship when a bigger offer is on the table.

That is my view of him.

No - it's a statement of fact.

You give Harry all the benefit of the doubt yet fail to conceed any criticicm is valid.

How many times does he have to tinkle people off before they open their fudging eyes FFS!!

Come on ffs. The post of mine you quote opens with the line: "It was. No doubt about it" which was a response to the post "that is a bad interview response from harry i must say".

And yet you say I won't concede that any criticism is valid? Please read before frothing and calm down a bit.

You call it being as disrespectful as him, I call it a bit of what goes around comes around. Polski mentioned it was because he's not very articulate, but I can assure you Harry is no stupid man, yes he painted himself this picture of someone very dumb when it came to his trial but he is not daft in the slightest. He knows exactly what he is saying, and when his managerial skills are questioned is when he gets very defensive and pukes up his bile. Its all about Harry and always has been. He never answers his critisism, he deflects away to his 2 pts from 8 games speel. That is someone that knows exactly what he is saying and doing.

An applogy is exactly what is needed and an end to his media whoring. Personally, I'd rather have him shown the door.

Ironic that you should choose to use a phrase like this.

I'm not aware of Harry ever pouring out bilious or defammatory attacks on Spurs fans, but I do remember him making some fairly hard to swallow home truths, that the more defensive minded on here only see as an attack on them personally. This, rather than addressing the truth that people need to swallow, to gain some perspective.

It isn't really.

You clearly have a low astonishment threshold.

hahaha. I agree. The people saying criticism of harry is disgusting, horrible etc need to get a grip. He's on 4 million a year for doing what is, in real terms, a tinkle easy job. If he cant take it then he can go and retire and live a millionaires life.

Saying that Harry has fudged up through poor management and shouldn't be in the job anymore certainly isn't 'disgusting and traumatic'. What is is mass starvation, civil war, children dying from aids etc. He's a rich football manager who has showed zero loyalty and has fans divided by his media comments. Nothing more.

Some people need to get a grip.

Its funny how myself, and a few others who have also defended Harry, only see what he has achieved here as a great big decorated cake of a job, with one or two jalopenos stuck to it.

And some of you just see it as a turd with a cherry in it.

The pro Harry camp can see the flaws in the end production, but we don't see that it has spoiled the overall result, because you pick away the errors and are still left with a big tasty cake

The other camp can see no good, and are offended by everything, and only grudgingly pass comment on the good bits, and no matter what you do with your opinions - its still a turd.

Its a pretty sad outlook on life.

I hope he stays, and we sign him some proper players to take the team forward next year. (As oppopsed to the hand-me-downs he was forced to buy)

I for one will enjoy watching all the detractors squirm, and still try to keep the invective going.

Its astonishing isn't it?

At the start of the season, before a ball was kicked people were stating publicly on here that 4th would be their wildest dream

we are fourth and Redknapp is the biggest waste of space since Gross, and slightly less popular than an outbreak of ebola in a kindergarten

astonishing, truly astonishing
I agree. Although I have my reservations about Redknapp, and believe that he's taken us as far as we can go - this isn't the terrible season that everyone has painted it out to be. Most were expecting that we'd finish 5th anyway, so at the moment we're performing beyond expectations. We also got to the FA Cup semi-finals and some biased refereeing meant that we didn't have a fair platform to spring forward and attempt to reach the final.

I think it would be best for the club if Redknapp and THFC parted ways at the end of the season. I think he's a bit of a bellend, but he's done a very good job for this club and that cannot be mistaken. If someone like Moyes came in now, I would support them wholeheartedly.

hahaha. I agree. The people saying criticism of harry is disgusting, horrible etc need to get a grip. He's on 4 million a year for doing what is, in real terms, a tinkle easy job. If he cant take it then he can go and retire and live a millionaires life.

Saying that Harry has fudged up through poor management and shouldn't be in the job anymore certainly isn't 'disgusting and traumatic'. What is is mass starvation, civil war, children dying from aids etc. He's a rich football manager who has showed zero loyalty and has fans divided by his media comments. Nothing more.

Some people need to get a grip.

don't they just.

Its funny how myself, and a few others who have also defended Harry, only see what he has achieved here as a great big decorated cake of a job, with one or two jalopenos stuck to it.

The pro Harry camp can see the flaws in the end production, but we don't see that it has spoiled the overall result, because you pick away the errors and are still left with a big tasty cake

The other camp can see no good, and are offended by everything, and only grudgingly pass comment on the good bits, and no matter what you do with your opinions - its still a turd.

I hope he stays, and we sign him some proper players to take the team forward next year. (As oppopsed to the hand-me-downs he was forced to buy)

I for one will enjoy watching all the detractors squirm, and still try to keep the invective going.

I see you are back on that high horse again.

I'm anti Harry. Does that mean I have a sad outlook on life? Because i don't think some bloke should manage a football club any more?

But the anti harry lot are the ones 'frothing' away, while insults about my outlook on life are, justified? Have a place in discussion about football? Hmmm.

Back