• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

I disagree. I think that the FA will have made discrete enquiries towards their preferred candidate and their club before making an official approach. Time is not on their side if they want to appoint someone in enough time for the Euros.

We'll see, personally think its the FA playing with fire.

Todays press release is all for Levy, plus telling the media that they are leaving no stone unturned.

But as I said, Redknapp must have turned it down if Hodgson does get it.

Can I just point out that, seeing as England are fudging terrible and the expectations of the media and the fans are ridiculously high, it makes fudge all difference who the FA appoint as they will win fudge all anyway. The difference between spending ?ú15m on buying out Redknapp's contract and signing me for free on ?ú1000 p/w wages would be minimal.

I think one thing that is being overlooked by those who are quick to point out Harry's failings is that he was the near universal choice of his peers. You don't get that kind of backing if you the tactical dunderhead or football dinosaur that some try to paint him out to be.

We'll see, personally think its the FA playing with fire.

Todays press release is all for Levy, plus telling the media that they are leaving no stone unturned.

But as I said, Redknapp must have turned it down if Hodgson does get it.

I disagree. The FA going public means that the job is Hodgeson's.

Can I just point out that, seeing as England are fudging terrible and the expectations of the media and the fans are ridiculously high, it makes fudge all difference who the FA appoint as they will win fudge all anyway. The difference between spending ?ú15m on buying out Redknapp's contract and signing me for free on ?ú1000 p/w wages would be minimal.

maybe you could take the wage cut i could not

I think one thing that is being overlooked by those who are quick to point out Harry's failings is that he was the near universal choice of his peers. You don't get that kind of backing if you the tactical dunderhead or football dinosaur that some try to paint him out to be.

His peers? what other managers. They usually only mentioned a few days before we played them, moyes, wenger and ferguson all did this. As for the players well they did not want anyone that taxed their minds, most players make even me look intelligent. As for the pundits they are all so lazy they jumped on the bandwagon.

Saw quite a few decent ones including the guy in the observer and also a reporter in the world football magazine say hodgson was the right choice.

Im in a difficult position because i agree with the F.A. but i hate and i mean hate redknapp so im a little sad that the F.A. got it right for once the gits.

I would guess that the FA have contacted both clubs and Spurs told them to tinkle off, basically. There's no way that they haven't made enquiries about Redknapp too, but whatever response they've received from Spurs has meant that Redknapp is no longer being considered. And I would guess that they know Roy will take it even if this has not yet been released publicly. What's happening now is just window dressing.

I sort of feel sorry for Harry as it was fairly obvious he had his heart set on the job and thought he had it. But not that sorry as this debacle has probably cost us 3rd, and maybe 4th.

I'm not too sure what affect this will have on Spurs but Levy will not hesitate to pull the trigger if he thinks it right for Spurs.

BTW - Cisse (QPR) looks like a taco.

Former FA chief executive Mark Palios does not believe the talks with Hodgson necessarily rule out a move for Redknapp.

He said the FA is "under pressure" to do something about the vacant job with Euro 2012 a matter of weeks away.

"Hodgson is a candidate they would naturally speak to," he told the BBC.

"West Bromwich Albion's season is settled and they are now safe. But this doesn't mean to say there aren't other people they would approach."

[-o<

I think the FA wanted a clear out of the old guard. Redknapp would still be the same old England relics that half the country hate watching.

The bile now being gleefully directed at our manager is fudging disgusting. Some of you are giddy on it. Casual disrespect, sneering and mocking the mere mention of his name. And why? Because of 5 or 6 bad games in the last 8 or 9. At a club that hasn't won the title in 50 years. We are currently as high as we've finished in 22 years. And with a shot to finish as high as we have since 1960/1 - 51 years. Some of you bottle jobs you'd swear you'd never seen Spurs have a bad run of games before ffs. Redknapp has not done anything near bad enough to warrant this vile personalised abuse. Some of you have completely lost the head.

The bile now being gleefully directed at our manager is fudging disgusting. Some of you are giddy on it. Casual disrespect, sneering and mocking the mere mention of his name. And why? Because of 5 or 6 bad games in the last 8 or 9. At a club that hasn't won the title in 50 years. We are currently as high as we've finished in 22 years. And with a shot to finish as high as we have since 1960/1 - 51 years. Some of you bottle jobs you'd swear you'd never seen Spurs have a bad run of games before ffs. Redknapp has not done anything near bad enough to warrant this vile personalised abuse. Some of you have completely lost the head.

=D>

Its not about not picking Joe Cole, Rio, Terry, Lampard and Gerrard in the every team selection.

I'll laugh my nuts off if Hodgson does that! I'm hoping that his appointment is the end of Gerrard. But Hodgson has always liked an older experienced side as his first choice so don't be shocked if the failed golden generation dominate the team selections this Summer.

=D>=D>=D>=D>

Back