• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Those were Harry quotes from a couple of days ago.

As for VDV, he wasn't last minute in terms of us chasing him. We were in for him on a loan deal basis a week BEFORE we actually signed him.

The short term purchases of Saha, Nelsen etc were good business sense giving us time to evaluate and prepare better bids. Hence why they were last minute.

I really don't know why so many Spurs fans are ageist. All I can put it down to is Football Manager where the approved thing to do is buy brickloads of 16 year olds and sell anyone over the age of 25 in your first team.

(sigh)...when you have punched above your fiscal weight with a 36,000 seat stadium, when you are looking to sign CL players in the summer, when you are not sure if your manager will (or won't) be in jail, let alone around, and when you're dealing with fat wages, THAT'S when "ageism" comes into it, because the LAST thing you want is to be saddled with 30-somethings on 70k a week that a new manager has no time for! I agree that SOME experience is VITAL, and in Friedel and Parker he has been vindicated...but no more than them!

Can't see why he'd think that - England have virtually zero chance of winning in Brazil, even if they do manage to unearth enough quality players over the next couple of years to replace the outgoing generation.

Well, the Euros are probably a bust already at this stage, the WC is unarguably the more prestigious competition, it's the stage I think Redknapp would much prefer, because he probably thinks he could get at least as lucky as Robson did in Italy, and what's more, it'd be one for Mooro and the lads.

Its astonishing isn't it?

At the start of the season, before a ball was kicked people were stating publicly on here that 4th would be their wildest dream

we are fourth and Redknapp is the biggest waste of space since Gross, and slightly less popular than an outbreak of ebola in a kindergarten

astonishing, truly astonishing

I stand in a minority then when I say that before the season started, i absolutely expected top 4 and actually felt that with the addition of Parker and Adebayor (both of whom I had, at that time, been told WOULD come in) and the staunch refusal of Levy to see Modric (another thing I'd been told concrete) we could push for the title as this squad had ben together for a couple of seasons and knew each other well...it is why I have personally found the collapse since minute 35 at the effeminates very, very hard to take. Because I DID think we would be there and sniffing for the title...

The bile now being gleefully directed at our manager is fudging disgusting. Some of you are giddy on it. Casual disrespect, sneering and mocking the mere mention of his name. And why? Because of 5 or 6 bad games in the last 8 or 9. At a club that hasn't won the title in 50 years. We are currently as high as we've finished in 22 years. And with a shot to finish as high as we have since 1960/1 - 51 years. Some of you bottle jobs you'd swear you'd never seen Spurs have a bad run of games before ffs. Redknapp has not done anything near bad enough to warrant this vile personalised abuse. Some of you have completely lost the head.

Some have always been alive to Harry's failings, and sadly, they've been revealed. It is undeniable that he has been caught short. And regardless of history, it is undeniable that we had a squad, and side, to have that 3rd spot nailed by now. The capitulation has been absolute and avoidable. If you refuse to see that, and instead see those of us who are thoroughly tinkled off, as bottle jobs, then so be it. I'll be on a plane this coming Friday to make sure I'm at Villa park and our last game of the season. Tottenham Hotspur, and Harry Redknapp, will have my 100% commitment as they ALWAYS do. Will Harry get close to discovering 100% commitment to Tottenham Hotspur in the final 3 games? Because here's the deal Chancer, if he DOES, if he decides he fudging wants it again and stops fudging around like he fudging has been, then we will finish the sea on 4th, possibly third still if the Baggies can do the filth. the man's saving grace was always that he was a great man-manager, and he lost that plot 8 games ago; it's hard to be a happy bunny I'm afraid...

BTW, absolutely NO ire/personal directed directly at you mate, more at the opinion expressed (which I know is not only yours)...thus in the spirit of debate...

I disagree. Hodgeson is tactically astute, has a good record in a number of leagues and has international experience.

This might be true but seeing the way he fell apart psychologically at Liverpool and became a figure of ridicule, I don't think he has a strong enough mind.

This might be true but seeing the way he fell apart psychologically at Liverpool and became a figure of ridicule, I don't think he has a strong enough mind.

He's gonna get a terrible time from the press and media who all wanted Redknapp. He's gonna bore the brick out of the players in training. He's be better off picking the likes of Danny Murphy and Bobby Zamora, players he's worked with before, than trying to convince the England egos to play how he wants them to.

Roy will be massacred, just like he was at Liverpool.. the English media and fans will do a number on him, of that you can be sure.

And the people suggesting he'll have to 'fortitude' to leave out the 'favorite sons' or 'old-phalanx', give me a break! .. Carragher was the first name on his team sheet when he was at Liverpool..

He will do what he is told by Terry, Lumpard, Gerrard and the like.. I believe that is part of the reason he will be employed.

Personally i think he should stay in his depth at WBA and keep achieving relative success, signing on for the England job will end in tears.

Roy is a funny one, technically the better choice by a mile, but I just dont think he can hack it. He couldnt handle the press/fan scrutiny at Liverpool - England is 10x worse.
This leaves us with very uncertain times as well. Redknapp clearly wanted to go, has had one foot out the door for a while now.

Can he settle back in again? Should we let him?

Exactly, especially if he gets appointed ahead of the media's buddy in Harry.

Roy was completely out his depth at Pool with the expectations/politics/etc, and people think he will do a better job with the England Circus?

it is undeniable that we had a squad, and side, to have that 3rd spot nailed by now.

No offense mate, but that is total flimflam, and the inherant issue with the anti Harry arguement.

- Were we in position to have wrapped upp 3rd spot this season based on where we were 2 months ago = absolutely
- Are we the 3rd best squad/3rd best equipped team in the PL = absolutely not

United, Scum, Cheat$ki, Pool all have much higher wages and the experience of closing off this end of the season, City are in their own league (squad/player wise) and should have wrapped up the league a month ago (should they fire Mancini?), but showed what lack of experience can do.

Fact is, if we take the dissapointment of the last 10 games out of the equation, go back to the beggining of the season and ask

- Is 4th place and a FA Cup SF success?
- If we got 5th, is it a failure?

Answer the question as you would have (and Levy would have) in August, and all this Harry is destroying Spurs, worst manager ever, etc, etc ... looks a little different.

The bile now being gleefully directed at our manager is fudging disgusting. Some of you are giddy on it. Casual disrespect, sneering and mocking the mere mention of his name. And why? Because of 5 or 6 bad games in the last 8 or 9. At a club that hasn't won the title in 50 years. We are currently as high as we've finished in 22 years. And with a shot to finish as high as we have since 1960/1 - 51 years. Some of you bottle jobs you'd swear you'd never seen Spurs have a bad run of games before ffs. Redknapp has not done anything near bad enough to warrant this vile personalised abuse. Some of you have completely lost the head.

They don't go to the games

Internet warriors

Just ignore the cretins

Why was the Euro 2012 thread locked ???

It had nothing to do with Harry as manager or anything like that..

Have a bit of fudging respect.

Like Harry has respect for THFC and its fans, yeh right...

I will always thank Harry for what he has done with us but he like most people nowadays only does whats good for himself

Last edited:
Some journo's on twitter saying that Brooking doesnt like Harry over what happened with Bonds at WHU when Harry took over..

Obviously holds a grudge

Looking at some of the comments on this forum, he's not wrong! :D

Of course, as I say Harry has done a tremendous job for us, but his comments, attitude lately has left a lot to be desired and it could be hard to rebuild that, hence the reason I think he will be gone in the summer

Of course, as I say Harry has done a tremendous job for us, but his comments, attitude lately has left a lot to be desired and it could be hard to rebuild that, hence the reason I think he will be gone in the summer

I agree, but I do not like seeing insults directed towards the manager of our team.

I agree, but I do not like seeing insults directed towards the manager of our team.

There has always been a section of the support that has never wanted or supported him from day one, that isnt going to change especially not with how he has acted lately, he has acted like he doesnt care, saying more crap than usual in the press, etc

Back