• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Redknapp could have killed this story before it began or at least acted with some dignity. The blame rests with him.

Why's that?

He wanted the job and didn't get offered it, why would he kill it?

At what point did he act in an undignified manner, I don't see or hear everything in the media and I don't remember him doing anything undignified.

The bile now being gleefully directed at our manager is fudging disgusting. Some of you are giddy on it. Casual disrespect, sneering and mocking the mere mention of his name. And why? Because of 5 or 6 bad games in the last 8 or 9. At a club that hasn't won the title in 50 years. We are currently as high as we've finished in 22 years. And with a shot to finish as high as we have since 1960/1 - 51 years. Some of you bottle jobs you'd swear you'd never seen Spurs have a bad run of games before ffs. Redknapp has not done anything near bad enough to warrant this vile personalised abuse. Some of you have completely lost the head.

Sad isn't it? We finished 3rd in 1990. 1995/96 we finished 8th but should have finished in the top four, but blew it. That was the closest we came until 2005/06 when lasagnegate happened. Indeed between 97 to 06 our highest league finish was 9th (01/02 & 04/05).

So basically since 1990, 22 years, we have realistically challenged for 4th or above four times, maybe five if you include 95/96. Three of those four times have been the last three seasons.

And yet....this now apparently isn't good enough? I must admit, I don't understand the logic either. I think the perception of the top four has become warped because for a few years it was the same four teams dominating it (a rather freak occurance) so now people don't seem to realise that teams usually come and go from the top four and there is no such thing as a regular top four side. If you're a regular top six side, let alone top four, you're doing well. VERY well. Most teams don't dominate titles like Liverpool and Utd have done. In fact they're the only two teams that have done!!

I said earlier this seaosn, before our bad run of results (I don't like using the word form because I genuinely don't believe we have played THAT badly in those games) that I couldn't understand how Spurs fans have gotten so arrogant so quickly. I still don't understand. It actually baffles me.

The bile now being gleefully directed at our manager is fudging disgusting. Some of you are giddy on it. Casual disrespect, sneering and mocking the mere mention of his name. And why? Because of 5 or 6 bad games in the last 8 or 9. At a club that hasn't won the title in 50 years. We are currently as high as we've finished in 22 years. And with a shot to finish as high as we have since 1960/1 - 51 years. Some of you bottle jobs you'd swear you'd never seen Spurs have a bad run of games before ffs. Redknapp has not done anything near bad enough to warrant this vile personalised abuse. Some of you have completely lost the head.

Its astonishing isn't it?

At the start of the season, before a ball was kicked people were stating publicly on here that 4th would be their wildest dream

we are fourth and Redknapp is the biggest waste of space since Gross, and slightly less popular than an outbreak of ebola in a kindergarten

astonishing, truly astonishing

Its astonishing isn't it?

At the start of the season, before a ball was kicked people were stating publicly on here that 4th would be their wildest dream
we are fourth and Redknapp is the biggest waste of space since Gross, and slightly less popular than an outbreak of ebola in a kindergarten

astonishing, truly astonishing

After the first two matches there were people on here publically stating that top 10 was unlikely :lol:

I can't speak for anyone else, and I'm certainly not spouting any bile, but it's not about the results, it's about what he's been saying in the press, very disrespectful to the club and it's fans, constant excuses about things he has control over, and just constantly contradicting himself. I'm sick of it, and that's why it's time for him to go.
I don't think he has the tactical nous to take us any higher than we are now (4th place challengers), and I will forever be gratfeul for what he's done for this club.

I don't disagree with you, and do feel a little bit of sympathy towards Harry. He has been strung along and didn't get offered the job, and that sucks for him. I think he's done a great job as our manager but I think this just had to be a bit of a jolt that will make him go. I just can't see how he will find the motivation to continue. And the main problem from my point of view was that he never attempted to kill the speculation. He wanted that offer. He wanted it more than he wanted to be at Spurs. Roy actively tried to kill the speculation, knew he had a good thing going where we was and didn't want to upset the apple cart. But Harry wanted it, wanted it too much and kept it going. He could have killed the speculation just like Roy tried to, but he never made an attempt. And Roy has still been approached, so Harry touting himself didn't actually make a bit of difference.

I'll tell you what's really grinding my gears. I've been attempting to read through this thread whilst at work. But you fcuks keep adding to it before I can get to the last post, in between working. Have a day off.

Cnuts.

We have to get rid of Harry regardless of what happens with Hodgson.

It's a massive blow for us in going forward as I cant see Levy forking out the cash to get rid of Harry.

I don't disagree with you, and do feel a little bit of sympathy towards Harry. He has been strung along and didn't get offered the job, and that sucks for him. I think he's done a great job as our manager but I think this just had to be a bit of a jolt that will make him go. I just can't see how he will find the motivation to continue. And the main problem from my point of view was that he never attempted to kill the speculation. He wanted that offer. He wanted it more than he wanted to be at Spurs. Roy actively tried to kill the speculation, knew he had a good thing going where we was and didn't want to upset the apple cart. But Harry wanted it, wanted it too much and kept it going. He could have killed the speculation just like Roy tried to, but he never made an attempt. And Roy has still been approached, so Harry touting himself didn't actually make a bit of difference.

he was honest, he said he saw it as the pinnacle of an English football managers career.

beyond that I dont remember him whoring himself, and he always sought to ignore or dismiss the speculation.

Peoples memories are being coloured by their jaundiced perceptions of the man.

I agree with this post pretty much and this is my worry. I'm not sure that Harry will get offered the England job now because of his age and this must be massively deflating for him.

he was honest, he said he saw it as the pinnacle of an English football managers career.

Hodgson said virtually the same.

Hodgson, on the other hand, didn't write articles in The Sun about which players he'd take to the Euros and which system he'd use with England, or get his son to talk up his suitability on TV.

Former FA chief executive Mark Palios does not believe the talks with Hodgson necessarily rule out a move for Redknapp.

He said the FA is "under pressure" to do something about the vacant job with Euro 2012 a matter of weeks away.

"Hodgson is a candidate they would naturally speak to," he told the BBC.

"West Bromwich Albion's season is settled and they are now safe. But this doesn't mean to say there aren't other people they would approach."

[-o<

Aside from how to boff a secretary, Palios knows sweet FA.

That's very true. WBA have given permission. Maybe we didn't. Or maybe the caveat was you can have him if you pay us ?úm's, which the FA wouldn't want to do.

Not a chance!!!!! Levy DID want money, absolutely, but if you think he would price himself OUT of being shot of Redknapp, you're dreaming mate. He was already sounding out Mourinho when this all first broke, I absolutely kid you not...

I think it's too early to react to this news at all, myself; I believe there could be some twists and turns yet, Jonathan. One thing I think we can all rest assured of, though, and that's that Redknapp will be suiting himself. My own take is that H doesn't want the Euros, and he'd rather a crack at Brazil 2014. For that reason, I'd back him to be here next season, if I were putting money on it.

Notably absent from the chants at WHL this aft, however (such as they ever were):

"Wey wohnt youuu ter staay; wey wohnt youuu ter staa-aay; 'Arry Redface, wey wohnt youuu ter staaay."

My own take is that H doesn't want the Euros, and he'd rather a crack at Brazil 2014.

Can't see why he'd think that - England have virtually zero chance of winning in Brazil, even if they do manage to unearth enough quality players over the next couple of years to replace the outgoing generation.

Back