• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

My pst was totally laiden with sarcasm mate. Aimed at anyone that fits what u have described above. And i agree,u are not fickle. (Insert arse kiss smiley. Coys lol.)

I gathered I misunderstood it and laden with sarcasm.

kiss

Can you tell me the last time a team sitting comfortably in 3rd place threw a 13 point lead away on their rivals and capitulated in the way we have, going from potential title challengers to probably finishing 6th place ? You say it "often" happens so please enlighten me ?
Its not greatly relevant,u can take any microcosm of results to create a faux stat but the only relevant stat is at 38games

Harry's going to turn up to training tomorrow in a mood that I can't predict. Will it be a determined mood, to ensure he stays Spurs manager, or just a tinkled off mood that he didn't get England manager?

I'm not sure that is necessarily true when it comes to England. The power of the Premiership clubs, the short amount of time that England managers have with the players, the limitations of the players and that the structure of the game here count against an England manager trying to vary the tactical approach of the national side from game to game.

People slated Capello, the media turned on him yet realistically he walked away with the best win ratio than any other in history.

If people looked realistically at the squad and come to the realisation that the problem relies on the stream of new players that are home grown and have the ability to play at international level they would realise he in fact did a good job and deserves far more praise than he receives.

The England underachieving thing has far deeper roots than who simply steers the ship.

I'm not suggesting that Crouch should start, but we need an alternative to Ade who has been out of form for weeks now. Ade has been one of the main reasons our 4-5-1 won't work. The forward in a 4-5-1 has to be able to hold the ball up.

I agree. I think that we would have been in a lot stronger position this season if Stoke had come in for Pav rather than Crouch.

People slated Capello, the media turned on him yet realistically he walked away with the best win ratio than any other in history.

If people looked realistically at the squad and come to the realisation that the problem relies on the stream of new players that are home grown and have the ability to play at international level they would realise he in fact did a good job and deserves far more praise than he receives.

The England underachieving thing has far deeper roots than who simply steers the ship.

I agree. Capello's record in qualification was excellent but he lost authority at the last World Cup and the press were waiting for their moment to strike ever since.

Its not greatly relevant,u can take any microcosm of results to create a faux stat but the only relevant stat is at 38games

If the results where over the course of the season then one can say that this is our average form; however they were all part of the same run of games, henceforth a massive capitulation.

IMO the only way Harry is not England manager come May 10 is if he doesn't want it.

This Hodgson stuff is due dillagence and basically giving one of two people in the frame a job interview.

You cannot hold interview without permission.

Everyone remember..

The Fa want him
The people want him
The media want him.

Hodgson has a mighty big hill to climb to gain acceptance.

Last edited:
Utterly hilarious course of events.

Roy will be ok, but he is going to get absolutely slaughtered by the press for simply not being Harry. It will be they who will be parodies of themselves, because it is so obviously coming and that is so sad.

Harry's an absolute plank though on this. He acted like he was already in the job when he wasn't, and that's made him look like a fool. Did he ever think how it would look if he didn't get the job? The players are going to know that he'd prefer not to be at the club if given the choice, he's alienated a lot of fans who readily supported him when the speculation first started by not denying the speculation, or at the very least, not being professional about it.

It's going to be a weird summer. There could end up being a stupid stand off. Levy knows it would be best if Harry went. Harry knows he needs to be paid off his final year, so decides to dig in. I can see it. Levy then wouldn't be happy with it and then he decides to give Harry one more year while looking for the right man. But then the season is crap because the players know Harry doesn't want to be here, and any signings have been made short term because they all know Harry's going anyway.

Basically, he will need to go regardless, because no way can he carry on after so openly touting himself for the job. The players wouldn't respect that. But is he going to go that easily?

Spot on.

The situation is simultaneously hilarious and depressing. No idea what happens next.

If the results where over the course of the season then one can say that this is our average form; however they were all part of the same run of games, henceforth a massive capitulation.

It was a tough run-in and once you have a couple of bad results; You doubt your ability and the pressure from the fans and media is sometimes too much and it carries on and on.

Completely agree. When are we going to realise that we aren't that good? When is the penny going to drop? I think to a certain extent people realised after the last World Cup, but you'll still get people saying we can win the Euros when it rolls around. The managers have changed, the players are the constant. Even minnows like Macedonia come to Wembley and outpass us! We pass the ball, it looks jerky and the ball bobbles about all over the place, the other teams pass, it looks neater and slicker. What chance do we have against far superior teams like Germany and Spain?

It's always the managers fault with England, no matter how bad the players are.

Completely agree. When are we going to realise that we aren't that good? When is the penny going to drop? I think to a certain extent people realised after the last World Cup, but you'll still get people saying we can win the Euros when it rolls around. The managers have changed, the players are the constant. Even minnows like Macedonia come to Wembley and outpass us! We pass the ball, it looks jerky and the ball bobbles about all over the place, the other teams pass, it looks neater and slicker. What chance do we have against far superior teams like Germany and Spain?

It's always the managers fault with England, no matter how bad the players are.

Parker will dominate Spain's midfield again like he did at Wembley.

Parker+Cattermole+Michael Brown = Destruction of Spain.

Forget about where we finish, look at harry's behaviour and comments since the England job came up. Talking about Spurs in the 3rd party "they are a great club" never "we". Modric may leave, 2 points from 8 and so on. Never once committing to the club, assuring us that he wanted to stay -even if he didn't mean it. His head was away from Spurs and it has shown on the pitch.

He is not with us, he probably never was. Last season "it'll be a miracle if Spurs finish 4th" when we went on a bad run similar to our current slump.

Look at his signings, no future planning. Look at his tactics when Lennon was out, no idea what to do playing a system that was never working but persisiting with it.

Never have I lost faith in a Spurs manager like now. If he's still in position in August I will be astonished after the last 3 months!

Forget about where we finish, look at harry's behaviour and comments since the England job came up. Talking about Spurs in the 3rd party "they are a great club" never "we". Modric may leave, 2 points from 8 and so on. Never once committing to the club, assuring us that he wanted to stay -even if he didn't mean it. His head was away from Spurs and it has shown on the pitch.

He is not with us, he probably never was. Last season "it'll be a miracle if Spurs finish 4th" when we went on a bad run similar to our current slump.

Look at his signings, no future planning. Look at his tactics when Lennon was out, no idea what to do playing a system that was never working but persisiting with it.

Never have I lost faith in a Spurs manager like now. If he's still in position in August I will be astonished after the last 3 months!

Walker, Sandro, Kaboul, VDV?

"He has got a long contract at the club, I don't think he will be going anywhere, he isn't going to find too many better clubs than Tottenham"

"We need to strengthen the squad in the summer there is no doubt about that, two or three quality players"

IMO the only way Harry is not England manager come May 10 is if he doesn't want it.

This Hodgson stuff is due dillagence and basically giving one of two people in the frame a job interview.

You cannot hold interview without permission.

Everyone remember..

The Fa want him
The people want him
The media want him.

Hodgson has a mighty big hill to climb to gain acceptance.

I disagree. I think that the FA will have made discrete enquiries towards their preferred candidate and their club before making an official approach. Time is not on their side if they want to appoint someone in enough time for the Euros.

"He has got a long contract at the club, I don't think he will be going anywhere, he isn't going to find too many better clubs than Tottenham"

"We need to strengthen the squad in the summer there is no doubt about that, two or three quality players"

I'd like to see how the season plays out. Then give him one more year, with significant funds, and see what Redknapp can do. Needs to be a serious clearout thought.

VDV was a last minute signing that had nothing to do with Harry. Whose are the quotes? Harry's? Why not say "He'll be staying with US, he won't find a better club that Totteneham".

Maybe because he thought he wouldn't be here?

Last edited:
VDV was a last minute signing that had nothing to do with Harry. Who's are the quotes? Harry's? He'll be staying with US, he won't find a better club that Totteneham. Maybe because he thought he wouldn't be here?

Those were Harry quotes from a couple of days ago.

As for VDV, he wasn't last minute in terms of us chasing him. We were in for him on a loan deal basis a week BEFORE we actually signed him.

The short term purchases of Saha, Nelsen etc were good business sense giving us time to evaluate and prepare better bids. Hence why they were last minute.

I really don't know why so many Spurs fans are ageist. All I can put it down to is Football Manager where the approved thing to do is buy brickloads of 16 year olds and sell anyone over the age of 25 in your first team.

Those were Harry quotes from a couple of days ago.

As for VDV, he wasn't last minute in terms of us chasing him. We were in for him on a loan deal basis a week BEFORE we actually signed him.

The short term purchases of Saha, Nelsen etc were good business sense giving us time to evaluate and prepare better bids. Hence why they were last minute.

I really don't know why so many Spurs fans are ageist. All I can put it down to is Football Manager where the approved thing to do is buy brickloads of 16 year olds and sell anyone over the age of 25 in your first team.

Because that's Levy's way of doing things, and Levy is never ever wrong in some Spurs fans minds.

Back