• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Didn't Roy say a while ago that he would only take the job if he felt he was the popular choice rather than the cheap?

Roy is a funny one, technically the better choice by a mile, but I just dont think he can hack it. He couldnt handle the press/fan scrutiny at Liverpool - England is 10x worse.

This leaves us with very uncertain times as well. Redknapp clearly wanted to go, has had one foot out the door for a while now.

Can he settle back in again? Should we let him?

nah, he would have gone had he been asked. Anyway, if Hodgson messes up, players dont like him, who is to say in a years time that England wont come calling and we will be in the same boat again with Redknapp if he now remains

This news will drive most of the journalists/people wanting to derail our season to suicide!

I'm genuinely shocked at this news!!!

Hopefully we'll get top 4 this season, be in the CL next season, then Redknapp will realise that the SPURS JOB IS THE BETTER JOB after all when England get knocked out in the group stage of the Euros.

What, you mean you miss all 4 goals that Crouch scored for us in the league last season?
Adebayor's overall game is far superior and he has added a presence that Crouch never could.

That was last season. And I am talking about our approach play. Right now the ball is bouncing off of Ade and brickloads of attacks are breaking down through him.

One thing I am certain of. I don't want us to entertain the idea of signing Ade on a full time contract!

Utterly hilarious course of events.

Roy will be ok, but he is going to get absolutely slaughtered by the press for simply not being Harry. It will be they who will be parodies of themselves, because it is so obviously coming and that is so sad.

Harry's an absolute plank though on this. He acted like he was already in the job when he wasn't, and that's made him look like a fool. Did he ever think how it would look if he didn't get the job? The players are going to know that he'd prefer not to be at the club if given the choice, he's alienated a lot of fans who readily supported him when the speculation first started by not denying the speculation, or at the very least, not being professional about it.

It's going to be a weird summer. There could end up being a stupid stand off. Levy knows it would be best if Harry went. Harry knows he needs to be paid off his final year, so decides to dig in. I can see it. Levy then wouldn't be happy with it and then he decides to give Harry one more year while looking for the right man. But then the season is crap because the players know Harry doesn't want to be here, and any signings have been made short term because they all know Harry's going anyway.

Basically, he will need to go regardless, because no way can he carry on after so openly touting himself for the job. The players wouldn't respect that. But is he going to go that easily?

Can anyone tell me a time when the FA or indeed any club, has released an official statement asking for permission to speak to a manager still in employment.................and then NOT give him the job ?

The job is Woys and we are stuck with brickforbrains.

Last edited:
That was last season. And I am talking about our approach play. Right now the ball is bouncing off of Ade and brickloads of attacks are breaking down through him.

One thing I am certain of. I don't want us to entertain the idea of signing Ade on a full time contract!

Redknapp seems to adore him

Utterly hilarious course of events.

Roy will be ok, but he is going to get absolutely slaughtered by the press for simply not being Harry. It will be they who will be parodies of themselves, because it is so obviously coming and that is so sad.

Harry's an absolute plank though on this. He acted like he was already in the job when he wasn't, and that's made him look like a fool. Did he ever think how it would look if he didn't get the job? The players are going to know that he'd prefer not to be at the club if given the choice, he's alienated a lot of fans who readily supported him when the speculation first started by not denying the speculation, or at the very least, not being professional about it.

It's going to be a weird summer. There could end up being a stupid stand off. Levy knows it would be best if Harry went. Harry knows he needs to be paid off his final year, so decides to dig in. I can see it. Levy then wouldn't be happy with it and then he decides to give Harry one more year while looking for the right man. But then the season is crap because the players know Harry doesn't want to be here, and any signings have been made short term because they all know Harry's going anyway.

Basically, he will need to go regardless, because no way can he carry on after so openly touting himself for the job. The players wouldn't respect that. But is he going to go that easily?

Evidence please.

I would say you're wrong, especially regarding Crouch. Given Ade's woeful form of late, I wish Crouch was at the club as an alternative.

Well I knew you would as I remember you with your name Spursfan1957 on the old board and you showed an unusal amount of praise for the guy.

I'm not saying Ade has been much better but both being in their top form, Ade would destroy him any day of the week.

Anyway you have your opinion and I respect that. My opinion is however that Crouch is nowhere near comparable to the type of players needed to obtain and maintain top 4 football or even closley resembles to ability of the Aguero, Suarez, Tevez, Rvp, Drogba, Rooney's that are all competition in our league.

It's hilarious seeing all non Spurs fans throwing their toys out of the pram now that the FA have turned their attention away from Redknapp.

Well I knew you would as I remember you with your name Spursfan1957 on the old board and you showed an unusal amount of praise for the guy.

I'm not saying Ade has been much better but both being in their top form, Ade would destroy him any day of the week.

Anyway you have your opinion and I respect that. My opinion is however that Crouch is nowhere near comparable to the type of players needed to obtain and maintain top 4 football or even closley resembles to ability of the Aguero, Suarez, Tevez, Rvp, Drogba, Rooney's that are all competition in our league.

I'm not suggesting that Crouch should start, but we need an alternative to Ade who has been out of form for weeks now. Ade has been one of the main reasons our 4-5-1 won't work. The forward in a 4-5-1 has to be able to hold the ball up.

Evidence please.

To be fair I don't have evidence, maybe they will just get on with their jobs like normal. But I just can't see it. Maybe only subconsciously, they either know he's going in the summer, or he stays and they know he's going next summer. But they know he wanted to go, and as SAF said, the players relax. I don't think they consciously decide to do it, but getting motivated by someone they know doesn't want to be here must have some effect. I just think that after the speculation took hold, errors and slips in concentration started creeping into our play. Our performances over all weren't that much worse, but those small errors were causing the fine margins to swing against us. That was them relaxing, possibly.

So there's that, and the fact that we may not be able to plan for the long term for yet another year. I know managers don't tend to last longer than 3 years, I kind of agree with you on that point, but you can't tell me that having the spectre of the manager leaving 'next' year 2 years in a row is in any way helpful. He needs to go IMO.

If he had denied the speculation, said it wasn't his business, etc. Just anything reasonable, he couldtake this on the chin, sign a new contract with us, and continue his good work. But I just can't see it happening now. We will continue with him being unsure of transfer targets while others around us get the perfect players for their systems because they haven't done it in this league...it's not gonna be good I fear. And I'm a big Harry defender.

Last edited:
That's circumstantial as far as I am concerned. Teams often have poor runs of results, regadless of whether a Manager is linked elsewhere.

Can you tell me the last time a team sitting comfortably in 3rd place threw a 13 point lead away on their rivals and capitulated in the way we have, going from potential title challengers to probably finishing 6th place ? You say it "often" happens so please enlighten me ?

Im not fickle and definitely not modern (im pretty sure I have misunderstood your post though)

I just find it astonishing that from a time when fans were wanting him to stay and fudging singing that they are now wanting him to go because of a few games where we havent gotten the results (although we have actually played fairly ok and not deserving a coupl eof the losses we had and a draw or two we have which shoulda been wins).

What if we get fourth? will they want him to stay? what if we get fourth but miss out on CL because Chelscum won the damn competition? What if we finish third and above le Arse? will that suffice?

My pst was totally laiden with sarcasm mate. Aimed at anyone that fits what u have described above. And i agree,u are not fickle. (Insert arse kiss smiley. Coys lol.)

I'm not suggesting that Crouch should start, but we need an alternative to Ade who has been out of form for weeks now. Ade has been one of the main reasons our 4-5-1 won't work. The forward in a 4-5-1 has to be able to hold the ball up.

4-5-1 has always been a poor formation in my opinion. It leaves a single man upfront with the opositions defence making easy work of the single man threat.

This also relies on the rest of the team working hard on every attack and also slows our game down because the single man has to hold and maintain the ball while the team moves up to provide options.

Its the formation that needs changing to suit a more optional attack rather than relying on the likes of Bale along the wing.

And that is what is needed at international level and what i am saying.

I'm not sure that is necessarily true when it comes to England. The power of the Premiership clubs, the short amount of time that England managers have with the players, the limitations of the players and that the structure of the game here count against an England manager trying to vary the tactical approach of the national side from game to game.

Are you seriously suggesting that Adebayor's approach play is poor and Crouch could do better, seriosly??

Back on topic, I can't see how harry can stay with spurs now? He has made no attempt to hide the fact that he wanted the England job and our loss of form is all to do with this.

Levy needs to act as early as May 14th and remove him from post and move on, regardless of what happens in the next two weeks. How can Harry ever be a credible manager for us now after the last 3 months. It's over and he knows it.

Back