• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

nothing special? how many 20 year olds was the main midfielder in a top 5 PL side in the last decade?

He has been less effective end of last season, and poor so far, but to say the kid is nothing special is a bit overdone

Ha, ha that's easy. Ours and other clubs who try to make it in this league on the cheap.

I like Bentaleb, I really do. I think he is a good young player with immense potential. But I have to be honest I am getting irritated by the number of times he gives the ball away cheaply in our own half. He does it alot. And while right now only Liverpool and yesterday come to mind, I think his careless passing has directly lead to around 5 goals conceded at least. He needs to be more aware of his surroundings as the goals have tended to come from a sideways pass when he has not been alert

Would people play Bentaleb against Stoke, based on his atrocious display at Old Trafford?

Poch has dropped players for much less...

Bentaleb getting a lot of stick, but for Utd's goal Alderweireld left Rooney in acres of space because he went after the ball needlessly. It was amateurish defending from someone with his experience .........also he passed the ball directly to a Utd player in front of him which gave Utd a goalscoring opportunity

Bentaleb getting a lot of stick, but for Utd's goal Alderweireld left Rooney in acres of space because he went after the ball needlessly. It was amateurish defending from someone with his experience .........also he passed the ball directly to a Utd player in front of him which gave Utd a goalscoring opportunity

Disagree completely

He had to defend Vertonghen's back. He saw that Vertonghen could be beaten by Depay and therefore was looking to cut off a direct route to goal,. Rather than criticising him, he should be commended. As much as his loyal fans may not like it, the only player to point fingers at was Bentaleb. Giving the ball away in that lackadaisical suicidal manner was a point of no return, and the only way the goal could have been avoided was if Utd screwed up or with a little bit of luck when Walker connected with the ball.

Having said that, I agree that Toby's hopeless pass later in the game was diabolical and if it were Fazio he would have been murdered for it.

Manure.png.jpg

it was the wrong decision by Alderweireld. Just look at the space Rooney was left in. If he stayed close to Rooney he would have cut out the ball across and there would have been no goal

yes Bentaleb is initially to blame but after that we still had a chance to stop the goal had Alderweireld stayed with Rooney.

He got pulled off after 8 minutes into the 2nd half.. Now he was either carrying an injury or that is really Poch sending a message.. In those 8 mins he did lose the ball once again when he shouldnt but seems harsh.. Not sure what anyone can do in 8 mins so didnt understand why not sub him at HT.

A 400M quid one? because that's how much more Pool has spent than us in 6 years and still finished below us 5 out of 6 times

If you want to get to Manure territory you would need a 800M advance ...

i think he did, ive seen far less effort from others when theyve lost the ball

Only in the latter stages of their counter, imo.
He loses a few important first few seconds.
But you're right, he's not the only one.

Lets be honest we do tend to go overboard about " one of our own " players and the pressure we put on them is unfair at times, I like Bentaleb and at only 20 he has done really well to get where he is. Howevr he is nowhere near the finished article and there are parts of his game which are still lacking.

I can not believe there are fans of his that are trying to pass the buck onto Jan for the goal and that is really stretching support for a certain player to the limit. He will learn and will make mistakes while he is learning but the signs are there that once he does he will be a very good player.

it was the wrong decision by Alderweireld. Just look at the space Rooney was left in. If he stayed close to Rooney he would have cut out the ball across and there would have been no goal

yes Bentaleb is initially to blame but after that we still had a chance to stop the goal had Alderweireld stayed with Rooney.

I understand that Bentaleb is one of your favourite players but this argument is frankly irrational...

Only in the latter stages of their counter, imo.
He loses a few important first few seconds.
But you're right, he's not the only one.

You can say the same about Davies... indeed Walker was the only one who showed real desire to get back - and he got the short straw for doing it from some posters...

Bentaleb cannot pass, tackle or score goals. Even worse, he makes too many match-costing blunders almost everytime he plays. Despite this, don't understand why he always gets to start against big teams. Even school boys doesn't make as many blunders as Bentaleb does. How can you make a direct pass to your opponents time and time again without getting dropped for the next match ? I think the only reason he goes unpunished is the fact he is the so-called home grown player. Pochettino and Levy better stop their obsession with the young players and get a few experienced ones if we want to do well this season.

Last edited:
I understand that Bentaleb is one of your favourite players but this argument is frankly irrational...

actually he is not one of my favourite players so please dont make stuff up.

ive already said Bentaleb made a terrible mistake of giving the ball away for the goal, and he gave it away on other occasions too. Im not dissolving him of any blame and he was rightly subbed

all i said was that after Bentaleb's gaffe if Alderweireld had not left Rooney all alone then there was a good chance he could have cut out the ball across and Utd wouldnt have scored

actually he is not one of my favourite players so please dont make stuff up.

ive already said Bentaleb made a terrible mistake of giving the ball away for the goal, and he gave it away on other occasions too. Im not dissolving him of any blame and he was rightly subbed

all i said was that after Bentaleb's gaffe if Alderweireld had not left Rooney all alone then there was a good chance he could have cut out the ball across and Utd wouldnt have scored

It's a free forum and you can think whatever you like; for the record though, I still think it is irrational and fits with arguments posters often bring up to defend or deflect criticisms from their "favourites"...

I already made my point that Toby could never leave Verts exposed one-on-one with Depay and a potential free twenty yard run on goal and the image bears this out.

So, let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

It's a free forum and you can think whatever you like; for the record though, I still think it is irrational and fits with arguments posters often bring up to defend or deflect criticisms from their "favourites"...

I already made my point that Toby could never leave Verts exposed one-on-one with Depay and a potential free twenty yard run on goal and the image bears this out.

So, let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

forget the image, look at the video. Depay was not running down the centre, he was on the right side of the area, he wasnt anywhere near going towards the goal....how the fcuk am i being irrational:) i think you need to look at yourself

i will say it again, Bentaleb was wholly at fault for stupidly giving the ball away, but in the next phase of play Alderweireld should have stayed with Rooney and we wouldnt have conceded...........

How can you fault Toby when it was he that was trying to stop Depay from crossing at the edge of our box?? If he had stuck with Rooney, Depay would have been free on goal because Verts was by then out of the picture; and Toby understood that.

Is something up with the lad behind the scenes? He looked shaky since the end of last season, imo: had an uncharacteristic strop in the post-season friendly in Australia, made some reckless challenges and gave the ball away against Madrid, and had a bad game yesterday. Technically, with a new contract signed and sealed and a regular first-team spot, he shouldn't have much to worry him on the footballing side of things: so is it something personal perhaps?

In the still.
Why is Verts squared up (unless he is trying to hold a line) and not the other side of the player he is meant to be marking? Especially when he can see there is midfielder coming to help pick up the person with the ball?
Why hasn't Toby had a look behind him and seen that Rooney is in acres of space. If he drops off a bit towards Rooney, Rooney is less likely to be passed to or to control a pass and score.

So they are both at fault. Instead, they should have dropped off with their men and hoped the midfield would get to the ball carrier. Offside wasn't an option as Toby doesn't appear to know Rooney is there, although Verts may be trying to hold a line.

Back