• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Lifted this from the Vorm thread:

Bentaleb's pass was pretty shoddy. Needs to cut that out. Such an incredible talent and will occasionally hit the loose pass. Problem is in his position, if you give it away there you're asking for trouble. I remember against Liverpool he did it a few times and United too. Anyway this is a Vorm thread, it wasn't great keeping.

These brain farts are becoming too regular and more than a bit worrying. He clearly has not learnt from his past mistakes and is becoming a liability, in a position where schoolboy mistakes of that nature often leads to a goal.

I just want to say...ah...no I don't. What's the point? Sigh...

The point is that this is a discussion forum, where people may well have a different opinion and - once in a while - maybe even point out that the emperor is not as well clothed as everyone else is saying...

The point is that this is a discussion forum, where people may well have a different opinion and - once in a while - maybe even point out that the emperor is not as well clothed as everyone else is saying...

Agreed 100%.
Allow me then to express mine.
Thank you.

He needs to iron this out of his game and quickly. But I think he can, I'm sure they are all (coaches and player) working on it. It's almost as if he has the wrong mental picture in his head of what the game is for that moment, and then plays a quick square pass that isn't actually on. I'm pretty sure he can adjust his decision making to cut out this type of pass. If he can't then he will find himself out of the starting lineup, because we have a few young midfielders who are eager to impress.

I have faith in the boy though, he can get better and cut out these costly stray passes imo.

Actually Maltese, I owe you a debt of thanks. You have, indeed, given me a bit of clarity and focus with regards to my initial question, 'what's the point'...as you rightly pointed out (and I acknowledged) the point is this IS a discussion forum where people MIGHT have a different opinion...

So rather than withdraw mine, I shall take your encouragement and air mine.

Bentaleb had a poor game. To hang him fort, to start waffling on about how 'knew it' or any of that sort of gonad*s, to pile in on a 21 year old playing alongside an unfamiliar partner, and to basically focalize him as the reason we lost today to simply suit an agenda is, in my most humble opinion, total and UTTER gonad*s!

Opinions on his performance today would, I suggest, be universal. To ignore the context behind it (and a couple of other mistakes from last season) is churlish, and the sort of troggy knee-jerking reaction I would expect from gooners or chavs after ONE game this season.

Before we prepare to loan him out and write him off, let's give it a little time shall we? He still has credit in the bank for the vast majority of supporters I know.

Thanks again, I would've not bothered saying any of that without your encouragement!
;)

I didn't even think he was that bad. Like the rest of the team, he played alright up until his mistake. Then he lost confidence and struggled a bit, and was rightly subbed.

he done the EXACT same thing mid week against Madrid.

The common denominator? (not that I blame Dier at all, he is doing a job out of position for us and not doing a bad job, might even improve - in fact, could well be asked to do it away from home more often?)...let's hope it isn't terminal. I am going to give him the benefit based on the player we have seen far more often than not last season.

The common denominator? (not that I blame Dier at all, he is doing a job out of position for us and not doing a bad job, might even improve - in fact, could well be asked to do it away from home more often?)...let's hope it isn't terminal. I am going to give him the benefit based on the player we have seen far more often than not last season.

He's done it a few times hasn't he Steff, I think Liverpool away last season he did it a few times in the same half of football. I'm sure he can correct it, everyone will know that he absolutely must cut it out of his game. The good thing is, we can afford to bench Bentaleb or sub him as appropriate, coz we have a few midfielders wanting that spot.

On a different note, I was impressed with Dier in that position. I think Poch will stick with him there.

i just hope it isnt the virus of adebayor infecting him.

played extremely well last season, stalled on his contract offer until got more money presumably, got his big contract and now he's too big for his own boots.

of course, Im sure this isnt the case.

I think Poch will keep his ego in check.
Poch subbing him in the first place will definitely do that and give him a reality check. I think part of the issue was that there wasn't much movement around him with Dier mostly making himself available to our CBs instead of midfield. But yeah, he had a bad day. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

I don't think he should be dropped, loaned out, fined, transferred, horse whipped, poisoned or anything like that, but, he is not the wunderkind some on here make him out to be. His passing and positional awareness being his most obvious flaws. I have read posts on here where people have crapped on about how the team should be built around him etc. He is just a player. Bentaleb is nothing special.

He did it several times today. Simple passes forward. That has nothing to do with who is playing next to him.

I didn't even think he was that bad. Like the rest of the team, he played alright up until his mistake. Then he lost confidence and struggled a bit, and was rightly subbed.

He had made 2 bad passes before that, he seems far to relaxed in that game.

Wonder what people's opinion had been if it was Lamela that made the mistake :/
Lamela did do something similar last season where he shanked it back into our own box and basically gave a goal away. I get it, it's a sport, brick happens... but we really need to work on concentration and being comfortable with possession.

He's done it a few times hasn't he Steff, I think Liverpool away last season he did it a few times in the same half of football. I'm sure he can correct it, everyone will know that he absolutely must cut it out of his game. The good thing is, we can afford to bench Bentaleb or sub him as appropriate, coz we have a few midfielders wanting that spot.

On a different note, I was impressed with Dier in that position. I think Poch will stick with him there.

I think the common denominator is that when he is overwhelmed/along side relative inexperience such as his own against sides with big-time players at their stadium, he has been forced into errors. I think, at 21, we will see him grow out of it and us as a team develop enough around him to offer support. I like Dier a great deal but am not convinced this is his first 11 position.

Back