• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Thought I noticed towards the end of the first half Sissoko himself looking to avoid passing out to KWP on his left flank who by then had had quite a torrid time. But that was partly because he (KWP) often found himself when getting forward surrounded by defenders with no other Tottenham player anywhere near to support him. Sissoko surely has to accept his share of the blame for that?
Wasn’t Dembele our left sided central midfielder yesterday?

As you have already stated, you didn’t see the game. I’m therefore not sure how you can have an opinion on it?

If you were paying attention, and not quite to quick to jump to his defence you would see I am speaking in general and not specifically about that game. Its all there in the first post you first replied to.

If you were paying attention, and not quite to quick to jump to his defence you would see I am speaking in general and not specifically about that game. Its all there in the first post you first replied to.
Touché..... if you had been paying attention You would’ve seen that I had said it wasn’t a thing yesterday.

I also wonder why Poch doesn’t seem to notice this? Especially as he re-watches each game a number of times. I think it isn’t a thing at all, it certainly wasn’t yesterday where our players were happy to pass to him, even when he wasn’t in space.

Last edited:
Touché..... if you had been paying attention You would’ve seen that I had said it wasn’t a thing yesterday.

I also wonder why Poch doesn’t seem to notice this? Especially as he re-watches each game a number of times. I think it isn’t a thing at all, it certainly wasn’t yesterday where our players were happy to pass to him, even when he wasn’t in space.

I read your post in the context of mine. Seemed the obvious thing to do considering I already acknowledged I hadnt seen the match.

As Ive observed, I think its been a declining trend, so perhaps Poch has noticed?

I read your post in the context of mine. Seemed the obvious thing to do considering I already acknowledged I hadnt seen the match.

As Ive observed, I think its been a declining trend, so perhaps Poch has noticed?
I think if you watched any game objectively you would see players choose not to pass to a number of players numerous times. You are looking specifically for Sissoko here as you don’t like him as a player and therefore you notice him not getting the ball more than you do others. However the same thing happens with all players except the very special ones, the couple of players that the team are trying to get the ball to as often as possible. I mean the Ginola, Modric, Bale, VDV, Kane, Ali and perhaps Eriksen type players, the players that the entire team is looking for as first option and sometimes holding on to the ball longer in the hope that they will make a run for them.

or Sissoko developing end product so that the team can afford other players' bad days at the office.

I just got this hilarious image in my head - Son passes the ball to Sissoko, and then stops to standstill to watch Sissoko's end product.

I think if you watched any game objectively you would see players choose not to pass to a number of players numerous times. You are looking specifically for Sissoko here as you don’t like him as a player and therefore you notice him not getting the ball more than you do others. However the same thing happens with all players except the very special ones, the couple of players that the team are trying to get the ball to as often as possible. I mean the Ginola, Modric, Bale, VDV, Kane, Ali and perhaps Eriksen type players, the players that the entire team is looking for as first option and sometimes holding on to the ball longer in the hope that they will make a run for them.

You know this is something I have noticed with the team all through Poch’s tenure and even pre Sissoko. It’s that a player of ours has the ball, they have an option to the direction where the touch like is nearest, and then they check back and try and play a penetrative ball
through the centre. That’s the trend I’ve noticed over and over again, and it’s a deliberate tactic because Poch and former Poch players talk about how he values attacking the centre with passes as opppsed to going down the sides, because if you can take the centre backs out of the game, you have an easier in to goal. It’s also something Pep talked about with his Barca team.

So I definitely see that, I see the regular check inside to drive a ball through the middle. And I can see why people confuse this with the ‘players don’t want to pass to Sissoko’ myth, but it really isn’t a thing. This check back in has been happening since Poch started and way before Sissoko. Of course if a player has Eriksen in space or Sissoko, they are absolutely right to try and find Eriksen, but in general they are obviously happy to pass to Sissoko.

for the tenth time.. sissoko was brick yesterday just because everyone else was it doesn’t excuse him!

He wasn’t brick, and it kind of does excuse him when others were worse. Why shouldn’t it?

Ah...because all the other players have played well before and Sissoko absolutely never has, despite being picked constantly and despite our manager being at pains to point out (probably somewhat pointlessly, because all it has done is make anyone that enjoys criticising Sissoko even more certain in their dislike for him and with no effort to understand Poch’s words or his role at all) that he has been performing an important job, apparently Sissoko has never performed.

I tried to explain a few pages back what I thought Sissoko was bringing to the team, and that when you look at it in that context, he has been performing. And then Poch basically says it too. He is not playing a super technical attacking role. He is playing a team based role to provide balance. It’s not a relatable role, it doesn’t produce many highlight reel moments. But it is important.

He wasn’t brick, and it kind of does excuse him when others were worse. Why shouldn’t it?

Ah...because all the other players have played well before and Sissoko absolutely never has, despite being picked constantly and despite our manager being at pains to point out (probably somewhat pointlessly, because all it has done is make anyone that enjoys criticising Sissoko even more certain in their dislike for him and with no effort to understand Poch’s words or his role at all) that he has been performing an important job, apparently Sissoko has never performed.

I tried to explain a few pages back what I thought Sissoko was bringing to the team, and that when you look at it in that context, he has been performing. And then Poch basically says it too. He is not playing a super technical attacking role. He is playing a team based role to provide balance. It’s not a relatable role, it doesn’t produce many highlight reel moments. But it is important.
Fantastically vague! I prefer to watch matches using my eyes, I know a team player when I see them, Tainio, jenas, etc. Unfortunately Sissoko is a modern day Leonharsdsen!

Last edited:
Fantastically vague! I prefer to watch matches using my eyes, I know a team player when I see them, Tainio, jenas, etc. Unfortunately Sissoko is a modern day Leonharsdsen!

If you go back 3 or 4 pages you will see that I’ve actually attempted to write some detailed stuff on the subject, and funnily enough the games of Jenas and Tainio do make an appaearance.

Back