• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I think you are confusing him for Dembele who is in awful form at the moment. If Dembele and Sissoko were running backward it's because yesterday Newport swarmed our players as soon as they had the ball. I saw Dier make mistakes and they also targeted KWP. They pressed us relentlessly yesterday.

They got their tactics spot On, press dembele and dier who tend to dwell on the ball and kwp as the inexperienced player.
That and swamping llorente to stop him linking up and became bogged down and easy to pick off.

Not sure if other people have noticed it but players seem to be reluctant to pass him the ball. I see it a number of times where a player has the ball, looks to pass, see's its Sissoko and it seems they think fudge its him i suppose i'm going to have to pass now.

Not sure if other people have noticed it but players seem to be reluctant to pass him the ball. I see it a number of times where a player has the ball, looks to pass, see's its Sissoko and it seems they think fudge its him i suppose i'm going to have to pass now.

Yeah I've seen that too, but I might be imagining things.

You know when people have a particular mannerism that winds you up, well for me it's that funny little dance he does when he gets the ball

The inability to control a ball or make a pass to the same standard as the rest of the team or running and standing just 3 feet away from the person he has just passed to is almost forgivable in comparison.

Theyve been doing it all season. In fairness less so recently than at the beginning of the year.

Apparently though you shouldnt expect them to pass to him because its not what he is there for :D

Didn't see that at all yesterday he was passed to a lot, he was often the out ball on the right. Perhaps the "other players don't pass to him" narrative is one of the myths Poch was referring too.

DIdnt watch the game yesterday, so cannot comment specifically - but I think it has been clear that players have avoided him with the ball.

It was much more obvious at the beginning of the season, but is certainly a "thing" IMO.

Thought he was our best player today in what was otherwise a poor team performance. He moved the ball quickly, put it in the box a few times and made himself available on the right. Definately better than a whole host of players. Wanyama looked rusty. Better performance too from Alli.
I thought that too (of all the players that started the game anyway). Wanyama was criminally bad, KWP was shocking (two occasions when he ‘spazzed it out of play’ to coin the phrase of a certain poster on here, despite being under no pressure). Trippier poor, Dembele poor, Dier kept up his season’s average of gifting the opposition a good one on one chance every game and Llorente was terrible. Yet still it seems that for some Sissoko is the problem.

It wasn’t at all obvious yesterday and not a thing at all.
Thought I noticed towards the end of the first half Sissoko himself looking to avoid passing out to KWP on his left flank who by then had had quite a torrid time. But that was partly because he (KWP) often found himself when getting forward surrounded by defenders with no other Tottenham player anywhere near to support him. Sissoko surely has to accept his share of the blame for that?

It wasn’t at all obvious yesterday and not a thing at all.

It absolutely is. Its entirely noticeable when you see a player run into trouble in the channel, check inside - Sissoko is the only option - and immediately turn back into trouble or play the ball backwards.

You literally see the head go up and that player completely change what they are doing.

It is most certainly "a thing". However, as I said, one Im seeing less of as the season goes on. It was pretty bad early on.

I think you are confusing him for Dembele who is in awful form at the moment. If Dembele and Sissoko were running backward it's because yesterday Newport swarmed our players as soon as they had the ball. I saw Dier make mistakes and they also targeted KWP. They pressed us relentlessly yesterday.
No mistake on my part.

I wasn’t just referring to yesterday.

I thought that too (of all the players that started the game anyway). Wanyama was criminally bad, KWP was shocking (two occasions when he ‘spazzed it out of play’ to coin the phrase of a certain poster on here, despite being under no pressure). Trippier poor, Dembele poor, Dier kept up his season’s average of gifting the opposition a good one on one chance every game and Llorente was terrible. Yet still it seems that for some Sissoko is the problem.
for the tenth time.. sissoko was brick yesterday just because everyone else was it doesn’t excuse him!

From what Im reading on the game he was probably our best player in the first half. In the second, the team raised its level, and he did not.

Which I think pretty well sums him up in general. Forgetting it was a league 2 team making us look bad, he looks good when everyone else doesnt. And when everyone else ups their game, he is left wanting.

Which is consistent with the most persistent criticism of him, he simply isnt good enough for the team.

It absolutely is. Its entirely noticeable when you see a player run into trouble in the channel, check inside - Sissoko is the only option - and immediately turn back into trouble or play the ball backwards.

You literally see the head go up and that player completely change what they are doing.

It is most certainly "a thing". However, as I said, one Im seeing less of as the season goes on. It was pretty bad early on.
As you have already stated, you didn’t see the game. I’m therefore not sure how you can have an opinion on it?

Not bad as the rest yesterday. For a player playing regularly in a top 5 team we should be able to get some money back on him.

He is also more mobile then dembele and dier in midfield.

Back