• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Another typical Sissoko moment was when he passed the ball to Son, who after dribbling in the box fired wide. Instead of moving in front of goal to give Son an option or draw defenders away, Sissoko stood still watching the situation unfold. He simply was a spectator. Almost as if he thought his job was done when he passed it to Son. Poch needs to sort this out. Pass and move! Not pass and watch!

edit:
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/01/27/bbc-match-of-the-day-fa-cup-highlights-27-january/

8:10 into this video.

First he stands still watching Wanyama dribbles, then picks up the loose ball, passes to Son and stands still watching Son do the work.

Funny, he keeps getting critised for being in the way.
Can' win.

True.

It is better if he stays out of the way of his team mates. That doesn't mean he has to stand still watching. Putting him on the flank is good, as then he can stand still watching and no team mate will have to run through him to get at the ball.

He struggles to control a ball on a world class pitch so fudge knows why he got to play on that pitch last night.

He wasn't too bad against Newport. But he has very little positional sense going forward. He was far from out worst player tonight. Wanyama was hopeless and Lloriente even worse.

Genuinely, he's the worst player I've seen wear the shirt since Stuart Nethercott.

Tramezzani, Gilberto, Raziak? No - Sissy is worse.

I've never seen someone so good at breaking up our play.

No he isn’t. I don’t believe you. I have seen way worse. Try on the AWFUL Andy Gray, the horrendous Ramon Vega and the clod-footed Ginger Pele. That is without even thinking. He is, for me, on par with Zokora - average.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Relieved it is not a GG forum member. Let me say that had it been someone from here wishing our players broke their legs, they would not be here anymore if I had anything to do with it. What a total SCUMbag!

A quick glance at his Twitter profile (I now feel dirty) claims that he's a journalism student.. Says a lot given the current standard of 'news' reporting online. Sometimes I do despair.

He struggles to control a ball on a world class pitch so fudge knows why he got to play on that pitch last night.

I assume that the thinking was that his work rate and strength would better fit the conditions than some of the more talented team mates.

If Sissoko is in the squad, I would start him in a game like that 10 times out of 10. If for no other reason than if he got injured, it is unlikely to derail our season.

What? Could you explain mate? I fear I am too thick to see who you’re swinging at here...

Too many to list. Those that have defended Sissoko on here have consistently said that posters labelled Sissoko useless from the outset, and even though his performances have improved, even when he has a decent game you still get the same crowd stating he was terrible when he quite clearly wasn’t. It seems Poch concurs with this theory...

The problem is he takes seven touches to control a ball, then runs backwards to be able to kick it forward, or runs in a little circle around the ball first to be able to kick it in a direction which isn’t directly the way he is facing. Then he either puts 30% of the power needed into a funny little toe poke stab so short passes, or just tacos it into an advertising hoarding.

From the beautiful slick fluent creative passing style we once had, we’re now relegated to standing around with hands on hips while this bloody circus freak show takes place. It’s killing us.

I mean, in all seriousness, there are 2 posts since the game on the Wanyama thread. One is fair criticism, and the other is a fair retort that he’s coming back from injury. The Sissoko thread is two pages of most people in it treating him like a laughing stock. It’s odd.
Been covered so much, I’m not sure why you ignore it? It’s quite clearly because Wanyama has showed what he can do before and 95% of the time, whereas Sissoko has never got anywhere near the level of Wanyama’s average level of performances for us. The rest of the team have earnt the odd pass for attrocuius performances, but I think you actually do know this anyway.

Also, the reason there are 2 pages on Sissoko is because half of the posts are people trying to defend him by saying well he wasn’t the only one who was bad!

just to expand on that last thought, Dembele, Dier and now Wanyama have turned to absolute poop around him also.
It could be harsh to blame Sissoko for this, and may just be a coincidence. But I’m blaming the useless clown shoe anyway.

just to expand on that last thought, Dembele, Dier and now Wanyama have turned to absolute poop around him also.
It could be harsh to blame Sissoko for this, and may just be a coincidence. But I’m blaming the useless clown shoe anyway.

They undoubtedly put in poor performances but it was an imbalanced side and we had too many players trying to occupy the same space. It meant that we didn't have many options when in possession. The conditions made this worse.

They undoubtedly put in poor performances but it was an imbalanced side and we had too many players trying to occupy the same space. It meant that we didn't have many options when in possession. The conditions made this worse.

Sadly, I wasn’t just referring to yesterday. He’s been dragging them down for months now.
Being our most used player also means his ‘influence’ has been greater this year.

The problem is he takes seven touches to control a ball, then runs backwards to be able to kick it forward, or runs in a little circle around the ball first to be able to kick it in a direction which isn’t directly the way he is facing. Then he either puts 30% of the power needed into a funny little toe poke stab so short passes, or just tacos it into an advertising hoarding.

From the beautiful slick fluent creative passing style we once had, we’re now relegated to standing around with hands on hips while this bloody circus freak show takes place. It’s killing us.

I think you are confusing him for Dembele who is in awful form at the moment. If Dembele and Sissoko were running backward it's because yesterday Newport swarmed our players as soon as they had the ball. I saw Dier make mistakes and they also targeted KWP. They pressed us relentlessly yesterday.

Back