• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

If you go back 3 or 4 pages you will see that I’ve actually attempted to write some detailed stuff on the subject, and funnily enough the games of Jenas and Tainio do make an appaearance.
Then you should have referenced Leo instead. Sissoko is nothing like jenas or Tainio, you do those two such a disrespect!

Sissoko was the best of a bad bunch in the first half yesterday I thought. He was pretty poor in the 2nd half though, whereas most of the others picked their game up after half time (except Wanyama who was well off the pace throughout).

Then you should have referenced Leo instead. Sissoko is nothing like jenas or Tainio, you do those two such a disrespect!

Really? Well Tainio always got a good ride from the fans, probably because he came for free, worked hard, was supposedly a Spurs fan and wound Drogba up in the cup final, so expectations were low and output was pleasantly high.

Jenas though? fudge me I never thought I’d see the day that the online Spurs community is talking up Jenas!!! This is brilliant. Because he had a similar, tactical role that he was very good at, and enabled others to shine. But you couldn’t move for fans saying how brick he was, how he contributed nothing, etc etc. If nothing else I’m glad the Sissoko myth has enabled good servants like Jenas to finally get the credit they deserved!!

Leonhardsen scored goals though.

Leonhardsen also ran his socks off, always pressing, always going on the break, which made the national coach describe him as "best without the ball". Sissoko is also "best without the ball", but for all the different reasons. If Sissoko ran as much as Leonhardsen, Sissoko would actually be an asset. Instead Sissoko jogs, walks and stands still watching, only occasionally sprinting.

Jenas though? fudge me I never thought I’d see the day that the online Spurs community is talking up Jenas!!! This is brilliant. Because he had a similar, tactical role that he was very good at, and enabled others to shine. But you couldn’t move for fans saying how brick he was, how he contributed nothing, etc etc. If nothing else I’m glad the Sissoko myth has enabled good servants like Jenas to finally get the credit they deserved!!

I remember very well the stick he used to get.

If I may, Id suggest it was because he clearly had a lot to offer and it was frustrating that he never lived up to it. He would have runs of games that really expressed his potential, then slip back.

Sissoko is frustrating, but not in the same way at all. He is frustrating because he just isnt good enough, and he proves it time and again.

Similar thing, totally different problem.

Really? Well Tainio always got a good ride from the fans, probably because he came for free, worked hard, was supposedly a Spurs fan and wound Drogba up in the cup final, so expectations were low and output was pleasantly high.

Mate your argument has got so twisted I don’t even think you know what you’re talking about anymore!

Too many to list. Those that have defended Sissoko on here have consistently said that posters labelled Sissoko useless from the outset, and even though his performances have improved, even when he has a decent game you still get the same crowd stating he was terrible when he quite clearly wasn’t. It seems Poch concurs with this theory...

I don’t disagree. He has become an uncomfortable spacegoat. He was not the worst by some distance yesterday. He is not
amazing but he is not as terrible as some believe...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

noone has said he was the worst have they? In fact quite the opposite, many posters have said he was the best player in the first half.
But his thread is always the first to be bumped when we have a poor performance regardless of his actual performance and who actually were the poor performers in a game. I am one of those that stuck up for him on here, I don’t think he’s amazing and get that on the ball he isn’t the strongest but he is doing the job Poch is asking for him and find the criticism towards him incredible and agree with Stef’s use of the word uncomfortable...

I remember very well the stick he used to get.

If I may, Id suggest it was because he clearly had a lot to offer and it was frustrating that he never lived up to it. He would have runs of games that really expressed his potential, then slip back.

Sissoko is frustrating, but not in the same way at all. He is frustrating because he just isnt good enough, and he proves it time and again.

Similar thing, totally different problem.

That’s if you assume Sissoko isn’t doing the role that’s asked of him to a good enough standard, but then we’re just back around in that particular argument again.

people say that Sissoko is doing the job Poch asks of him. Well does he, really? He was bought as AM, but everybody agrees now that his role is DM... That is some statement in itself. Poch is getting stick for fielding Sissoko, and rightly so. One answer saves Poch and it is injuries.

PS!
United knew how to cut their losses with Bebe (and other players). I wish Levy picked up something. The transfer window is still open. we can only hope. Upgrade please!

That’s if you assume Sissoko isn’t doing the role that’s asked of him to a good enough standard, but then we’re just back around in that particular argument again.

Its really not. Fundamentally he just isnt good enough, it doesnt matter how imaginative you are in what role you prescribe for him - he simply is no where near as good as the rest of the team.

people say that Sissoko is doing the job Poch asks of him. Well does he, really? He was bought as AM, but everybody agrees now that his role is DM... That is some statement in itself. Poch is getting stick for fielding Sissoko, and rightly so. One answer saves Poch and it is injuries.

PS!
United knew how to cut their losses with Bebe (and other players). I wish Levy picked up something. The transfer window is still open. we can only hope. Upgrade please!
How do you know Poch bought him as an AM? He is doing the job Poch asks of him because he is consistently picked to do so, injuries or not. Poch has shown himself on several occasions how ruthless he is, if he wasn’t doing the job being asked he wouldn’t be on the pitch....

Likewise! :rolleyes: You’ve backed yourself in to a corner and are talking riddles. Footballs really not that complicated, it shouldn’t be so difficult to see if someone has played well or not in one stand alone game, let alone 2 seasons!

I really haven’t backed myself into a corner. In fact I backed myself into a position in an argument that our manager then near enough parroted word for word a couple of days later. I feel quite fine with my riddles.

How do you know Poch bought him as an AM? He is doing the job Poch asks of him because he is consistently picked to do so, injuries or not. Poch has shown himself on several occasions how ruthless he is, if he wasn’t doing the job being asked he wouldn’t be on the pitch....

I think we did buy him as an attacking player and it didn’t work, so we retooled him as a deeper lying midfielder and it does work. But for some reason, the fact that Sissoko talked up Arsenal before he joined, that a lot of people didn’t want to spend the money on him when he did join, and a few really bad early games so offended so many Spurs fans that they absolutely cannot see the woods from the trees anymore. If he was a Spurs fan, we paid £10M for him and if he started out playing in the deeper midfield role, he would get nowhere near the same level of abuse. And when we say that objectively he doesn’t deserve the abuse for his performances this year, I don’t see how anyone can justifiably say he wouldn’t be treated completely differently if those factors happened. And I don’t see one single argument as to why they should matter since none of them are his fault, and he is our player.

You are absolutely right. Poch is one of the most ruthless managers we have had. Mediocre players don’t get second chances if they aren’t performing and have nothing to offer. He is in a process of raising standards at this club, about building a culture of performance and not allowing sub par anything to be tolerated. This whole idea that we are forced to play Sissoko and that there is absolutely no other option but to play him in almost every game this season is laughable. We could have loaned him out even if we couldn’t sell him. Or we could just banish him to the reserves if we didn’t want him near the team so that he is forced to seek regular football in a World Cup year even if he has to risk dropping his wages. Not only did we welcome him staying, but we’ve used him in every game including some massive wins and performances.

PS!

No one is doubting he is a poor choice for an attacking midfield role and was poor value at £30M for that job. He has worse technique than all our attacking players and struggles to make things happen offensively unless he is running from deep into space. But it’s pretty clear Poch has been playing him deeper all season.

Now, with those expectations now successfully realigned, can you start judging his performances as a deeper midfielder?

Its really not. Fundamentally he just isnt good enough, it doesnt matter how imaginative you are in what role you prescribe for him - he simply is no where near as good as the rest of the team.

I firmly believe this is Poch making the best of a deal which did not work out as he thought it could. This is a massive season. Homeless, tight funds about to be unleashed in August, major stars about to get deserved pay hike which will echo through the squad...we cannot just go and “replace” him. It is not that easy. I personally think Poch should be hailed for squeezing what he has from him. Look at where we are WITH him playing and yes, imagine where we can be when the shackles are off and we can buy as we want not as we can. Poch’s biggest problems right now are getting Sissoko performances and timing when he plays Dembele, who clearly cannot play every week.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back