• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

That's what I'm hoping for, really. Still, what parklane and bill said up above seems to be true: judging by a glance at RedCafe, United fans seem to love Carrick, and want to see him starting regularly. In light of that fact, I don't think we have much of a chance on that one. Unless, of course (as I suspect will be the case), we casually enquire about his availability and then United frantically thunder back to offer him to us free as part of a package deal for Kane. :)
I think they are right to want him to play. He's a superb player still.

I'm still hopeful we can somehow manage to snag Schneiderlin but I fear that it is a forlorn hope judging by the latest media reports. They also have Fellani in the mix too so that's 6 players for 2-3 spots. Overkill for most clubs, but LVG appears to like to spend his way to the top just like everyone else.

I think they are right to want him to play. He's a superb player still.

I'm still hopeful we can somehow manage to snag Schneiderlin but I fear that it is a forlorn hope judging by the latest media reports. They also have Fellani in the mix too so that's 6 players for 2-3 spots. Overkill for most clubs, but LVG appears to like to spend his way to the top just like everyone else.

I agree. It's exactly why I want him at the club again. :)

Schneiderlin.....hmm. Every single synapse in the logical bit of my brain is telling me that this particular fish is gone, and that we utterly blew our chance to get him last summer. And yet........that stupid part of me that still hopes for impossible things is whispering 'maybe not'. I guess we'll see soon enough. :) And Fellaini's probably going to be used as a CAM from now on, judging by his success in that position last season.

I think Carrick is a great player and would not mind him coming back here, however he will be 34 before the season kicks off and he has also picked up a few injurys over the last couple of seasons. But he is still better then what we have and if we could get him for the right price then maybe we should look at doing that, especially if Utd do get the two S's.

I think Carrick is a great player and would not mind him coming back here, however he will be 34 before the season kicks off and he has also picked up a few injurys over the last couple of seasons. But he is still better then what we have and if we could get him for the right price then maybe we should look at doing that, especially if Utd do get the two S's.

No thanks. If United do get the two S's, we're hardly going to compete by signing their cast offs..this is the moment where our club needs to show that it means business & pulls off a top end signing. We've made big waves with our stadium talk, let's not struggle to make a ripple with our signings. Time for us to step it up and remind people who our club is again, to show that we can, and will, compete and that we have ambitions which exceed beyond being satisfied with Europa League football. The signing of Alderweireld was a good place to start but really, his transfer fee was almost balanced out by the departure of Paulinho.

For me it's a yes to Carrick.

It's more about improving our squad rather than worrying about if he's someone else's cast off, which btw I don't think he is. He's still quality for Utd even if those 2 guys come in.

He would add so so much to our team

For me it's a yes to Carrick.

It's more about improving our squad rather than worrying about if he's someone else's cast off, which btw I don't think he is. He's still quality for Utd even if those 2 guys come in.

He would add so so much to our team

How can he not be someone else's cast off? If United sign Schneiderlin, to add to Schweinsteiger, they are doing so to play those ahead of Carrick.

If they then sell Carrick to us, then that's to cast him off to us, right? It's because they have decided that he isn't good enough for them any longer.

I preferred the rumours about Sergio Roberto, even if that seems extremely unlikely.

How can he not be someone else's cast off? If United sign Schneiderlin, to add to Schweinsteiger, they are doing so to play those ahead of Carrick.

If they then sell Carrick to us, then that's to cast him off to us, right? It's because they have decided that he isn't good enough for them any longer.

I preferred the rumours about Sergio Roberto, even if that seems extremely unlikely.
I don't think it's necessarily that straight forward.

It's entirely possible that should Carrick stay he plays the same no. of games as the other 2.

However should they decide to sell one of them, then it might be him not because of a lack of quality but more because he's coming to the end of his career but the others have more years ahead of them.

For 1 or 2 seasons I'd definitely go for him.

I don't think it's necessarily that straight forward.

It's entirely possible that should Carrick stay he plays the same no. of games as the other 2.

However should they decide to sell one of them, then it might be him not because of a lack of quality but more because he's coming to the end of his career but the others have more years ahead of them.

For 1 or 2 seasons I'd definitely go for him.

I still maintain that that makes him a cast off, but I can see where you're coming from with your view. Perhaps, you are right that in terms of stop gap quality, he could be an astute purchase but I believe that there are far better options out there than a 1 or 2 season player who will be noticeably on the decline.

That's what I'm hoping for, really. Still, what parklane and bill said up above seems to be true: judging by a glance at RedCafe, United fans seem to love Carrick, and want to see him starting regularly. In light of that fact, I don't think we have much of a chance on that one. Unless, of course (as I suspect will be the case), we casually enquire about his availability and then United frantically thunder back to offer him to us free as part of a package deal for Kane. :)

Carrick back at Spurs? I hope not. I do not doubt his ability but he is 33 and over the past 2 seasons he has picked up too many injuries for my likeing

oh here we go....time to get our hopes up so they can only get dashed again!

If ever there was a time to put a 25m bid in then maybe we have reached that moment, I cant believe that utd have dropped all interest in him....unless they are saving all their megabucks for a mega centre forward deal.

Given the poor feeling between us and Southampton I cant even see a position where we can get negotiations started! It would be incredible and uber beneficial if we can get him, but we still have too many players we need need rid off until we have the funds to do this I reckon.

who knows maybe this is the right time to go all in for schneidy if it seems utd and woolwich fc have no interest in him.

Reading the article just sounds like a load of put two and two together speculation to me.

I really can't see Southampton dealing with us anytime soon, but we shall see....

Make a bid, pay what he's worth, offer him Ade-level personal terms, and see what happens.

Saints haven't specifically barred him going anywhere: they only said that they wouldn't be selling for anything less than 25 - 27.5 million quid. If we make a bid of that value, then by their own stated standards, they'd have to accept it.

That 'If', though, is a massive one. This is the same player we balked at spending more than 10 million for last summer, preferring to buy and then immediately discard the cheaper Stambouli instead. Will we change that (imo) ludicrous approach for Schneiderlin this time around?

Make a bid, pay what he's worth, offer him Ade-level personal terms, and see what happens.

Saints haven't specifically barred him going anywhere: they only said that they wouldn't be selling for anything less than 25 - 27.5 million quid. If we make a bid of that value, then by their own stated standards, they'd have to accept it.

That 'If', though, is a massive one. This is the same player we balked at spending more than 10 million for last summer, preferring to buy and then immediately discard the cheaper Stambouli instead. Will we change that (imo) ludicrous approach for Schneiderlin this time around?

I dont think so.....I will be very very surprised if we spend 15 mill or more on a transfer fee for any player in the next couple of years

if we were in for Schneiderlin this summer and were prepared to pay top dollar, we would have bid by now. However we know the Saints are not going to budge on their estimation, we know also that the palyer wants to join a CL club, so I dont think his name has even cropped up amongst the transfer committee.

We still have a Dembele sized carrot to dangle under Koemans nose as well remember.

Damn it. Nigey was right, I've got all excited again now.

I dont think so.....I will be very very surprised if we spend 15 mill or more on a transfer fee for any player in the next couple of years

if we were in for Schneiderlin this summer and were prepared to pay top dollar, we would have bid by now. However we know the Saints are not going to budge on their estimation, we know also that the palyer wants to join a CL club, so I dont think his name has even cropped up amongst the transfer committee.

That outcome is probably dependent on us shifting some of our more desirable squad players for large-ish fees (Soldado, perhaps Townsend and/or Fazio), so it hasn't occurred yet. However, perhaps we're close to selling one or two of them. And as for Schneiderlin only wanting a move to a CL club, ITKs over on Saintsweb seem to be adamant that he'd seriously consider a move to us despite our lack of CL football: all that's apparently lacking from our side is a bid, which as I mentioned before, we might still end up making.

Back