• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

it's a tough one, weighing up how to play this deal. Personally if he's the managers first choice for the position then id hang on till the last possible moment -( provided we knew we would have the players interest and the money for the transfer fee) it's risky but i think it's one worth taking

If it is Saints in for Clasie, does that weaken their position on MS / strengthen MS's position?

I don't think it changes it much at all. Them going for a replacement with MS moving looking as likely as it is doesn't really make much of a difference. It's not like it's a signing that will cost them so much to force their hand to sell, or a signing that would take Schneiderlin's place in the starting 11 if MS does stay at Saints.

Maybe it is us that are interested in Claise!!! I'm thinking we could cause Southhampton all sorts of headaches if we got involved here. A bit of leverage for MS??

200_s.gif

I like the way you think. :)

last summer Southampton did very well in replacing their outgoing stars and manager, Koeman for Poch, Alderweireld for Lovren, Bertrand for Shaw, Tadic for Lallana and Pelle for Lambert (also Mane did ok covering for the injured Rodriguez) Higher league finish, more points, EL football

I think Claise will turn out to be good signing too in place of Schneiderlin. I wouldnt mind us going for Claise tbh, prefer him to McCarthy anyway, and he will cost more than half the price

The Mail saying Man U are still in for him and Schweinsteiger deal doesn't affect this...

There's so many stories about what's happening contradicting each otherthat we just have to wait and see. Hope we can get him, would be a huge improvment on what we currently have but wouldn't suprise me if Man U get him as well if not for anything then to stop us or Arsenal getting him.

There's so many stories about what's happening contradicting each otherthat we just have to wait and see. Hope we can get him, would be a huge improvment on what we currently have but wouldn't suprise me if Man U get him as well if not for anything then to stop us or Arsenal getting him.
Agree, but would be surprised if they weren't still in for him. Schweinsteiger doesn't have many years left, and he could easily play in midfield with Schneiderlin. Plus it's not like they've had to pay a large fee to get Schweinsteiger in, could easily afford both...

Agree, but would be surprised if they weren't still in for him. Schweinsteiger doesn't have many years left, and he could easily play in midfield with Schneiderlin. Plus it's not like they've had to pay a large fee to get Schweinsteiger in, could easily afford both...

Not a big transfer fee but could well be big wages and signing on fee, plus agent's fees...

it's a tough one, weighing up how to play this deal. Personally if he's the managers first choice for the position then id hang on till the last possible moment -( provided we knew we would have the players interest and the money for the transfer fee) it's risky but i think it's one worth taking

Yep, we'd have to wait to see if Man U and goners go elsewhere as we can't get into a bidding war with them.

Need to play it cool.

Back