• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

That outcome is probably dependent on us shifting some of our more desirable squad players for large-ish fees (Soldado, perhaps Townsend and/or Fazio), so it hasn't occurred yet. However, perhaps we're close to selling one or two of them. And as for Schneiderlin only wanting a move to a CL club, ITKs over on Saintsweb seem to be adamant that he'd seriously consider a move to us despite our lack of CL football: all that's apparently lacking from our side is a bid, which as I mentioned before, we might still end up making.

dont do it, dont build your hopes up, stop spending time on saintsweb, forget about money we raise from sales....it really is not going to happen :) Sorry

dont do it, dont build your hopes up, stop spending time on saintsweb, forget about money we raise from sales....it really is not going to happen :) Sorry

I only look at Saintsweb when we're linked with one of their players: the schizophrenic fluttering between gloom and joy that goes on there is too much for me to handle on a regular basis, given that I already get my share of it on GG. :p Still, you're probably right.

Wonder if Kramer is a feasible alternative should this long-running story finally conclude this week

Probably not (Club in the CL, don't want to sell)...but Sven Bender might be. The Dortmund DM.

He's very injury prone, but he's got all the attributes we're seemingly looking for in a DM (ferocious presser, hard-working, technically gifted with passes (albeit short ones), never gives up, has a lot of stamina) and is only 26 to boot. I'd definitely take him at a reasonable price if he's available, and if Poch is happy to use Dembele in the DM position when Bender isn't fit.

We still have a Dembele sized carrot to dangle under Koemans nose as well remember.

Damn it. Nigey was right, I've got all excited again now.
These exchange deals are always touted, (not saying it doesn't make sense to offer Dembele) but when do they ever actually happen?

Siggy + 5m for Vorm + Davies?
Ah yes, how could I forget that recent one! Point still stands though, they seldom happen. Not sure Id really want to lose Dembele just yet anyway, but I suppose if it was for a guaranteed first choice CM wouldn't be end of the world...

Ah yes, how could I forget that recent one! Point still stands though, they seldom happen. Not sure Id really want to lose Dembele just yet anyway, but I suppose if it was for a guaranteed first choice CM wouldn't be end of the world...

You're right, they're not common in England (although a majority of Italian transfers are usually cash + player/half of player rights deals). And I also agree with you about Dembele: I'd rather keep him around this season, and I feel he'd be very useful as a rotational option for the DM spot. Let him go next season, if he still wants sustained first-team action at that point.

We have got 4? weeks to the start of the season and to be honest I am getting fed up with all the " will he wont he" talk about MS. We desperately need another CM player and if we fail to get one because we waited for MS to tinkle us about then we will struggle again.

Its getting to the time we should move on and look elsewhere.

We have got 4? weeks to the start of the season and to be honest I am getting fed up with all the " will he wont he" talk about MS. We desperately need another CM player and if we fail to get one because we waited for MS to tinkle us about then we will struggle again.

Its getting to the time we should move on and look elsewhere.

I very much doubt that MS is our only iron in the fire, McCarthy as well....and their must be others.

Maybe it all boils down to whether we think MS is worth waiting for...shelling out a hefty fee for? We know he would probably prefer to join utd or woolwich...My own opinion is that if takes 25-27m and we have to wait until the last minute of the window...well lets just say I think this guy is worth it, even if we are like his 3rd 4th choice now, such would be the difference he would make to our side.

Reading conflicting reports whether utd still want schneidy....surely them being them and money being no object then they would have wrapped this up by now if they were serious?

gord damn this turn of events for even making me think just a little that we have got a little sniff at this.

Feyenoord have confirmed that Jordy Clasie has been given permission to withdraw from preseason training as there is now 'concrete interest in his transfer'. 95% likely to be Saints, seeing as he's been linked with them for a long, long time. He'll be Schneiderlin's replacement, so this indicates that either a) developments have occurred with respect to Schneiderlin's transfer out, or b) some other club's growing interest in Clasie forced Saints' hand. Either way, we could be seeing the end of this whole Schneiderlin saga pretty soon.

I very much doubt that MS is our only iron in the fire, McCarthy as well....and their must be others.

Maybe it all boils down to whether we think MS is worth waiting for...shelling out a hefty fee for? We know he would probably prefer to join utd or woolwich...My own opinion is that if takes 25-27m and we have to wait until the last minute of the window...well lets just say I think this guy is worth it, even if we are like his 3rd 4th choice now, such would be the difference he would make to our side.

Reading conflicting reports whether utd still want schneidy....surely them being them and money being no object then they would have wrapped this up by now if they were serious?

gord damn this turn of events for even making me think just a little that we have got a little sniff at this.

The problem is If we wait to the last minute of the window and we do not get him ( and we have not got anyone else) then we will be left with a CM of Mason and Bentaleb and that is not going to be good enough.

The problem is If we wait to the last minute of the window and we do not get him ( and we have not got anyone else) then we will be left with a CM of Mason and Bentaleb and that is not going to be good enough.

As the post you quoted started with "I very much doubt that MS is our only iron in the fire"...

The addition of one or two of Alli, Veljkovic and Carroll might make us stronger from last season. But I agree that we probably need a central midfielder.

It's a tough decision for our transfer committee. If MS is our first choice and the one Poch prefers and the only way we can get him is by waiting to see what United and others do first do we wait or do we go for someone else?

For me at least, with Bentaleb and Mason doing as well as they did last season I think we can afford to be patient. But we need other targets than MS in the pipeline, something I really think we have.

As the post you quoted started with "I very much doubt that MS is our only iron in the fire"...

The addition of one or two of Alli, Veljkovic and Carroll might make us stronger from last season. But I agree that we probably need a central midfielder.

It's a tough decision for our transfer committee. If MS is our first choice and the one Poch prefers and the only way we can get him is by waiting to see what United and others do first do we wait or do we go for someone else?

For me at least, with Bentaleb and Mason doing as well as they did last season I think we can afford to be patient. But we need other targets than MS in the pipeline, something I really think we have.

Not sure I agree with that bit in bold, in fact one of the main reasons we conceded so many goals is because they did not do well at that part of the game. As for the rest of your post it is a difficult decision to wait or not but we have to get a CM player who is better at the defensive side of the game then what we have, I do not have a problem with getting MS but waiting to the last day of the window could end up with us being left in the same situation as we are now. ie lacking in a main area.

Not sure I agree with that bit in bold, in fact one of the main reasons we conceded so many goals is because they did not do well at that part of the game. As for the rest of your post it is a difficult decision to wait or not but we have to get a CM player who is better at the defensive side of the game then what we have, I do not have a problem with getting MS but waiting to the last day of the window could end up with us being left in the same situation as we are now. ie lacking in a main area.

This will soon get off topic, so we'll just have to agree to disagree I think.

I also think in a slightly larger picture view it's important to remember that Bentaleb and Mason were 19/20 and 22/23 respectively last season and it was Bentaleb's first full season as a first team player and Mason's very first. Would expect them to do better next season and I would expect us to do better as a team next season with a year under Pochettino and some of the squad problems sorted out.

Chances are there will be question marks over the CM roles almost regardless of what we do unless we sign Schneiderlin. People are unsure about McCarthy and most players that aren't MS that are proven in the PL. If we bring in someone from outside the PL there will most likely be the usual adaptation period.

Seeing as signing MS now, before United and the other big clubs have decided one way or the other, isn't a viable option I think we need to accept some uncertainty. And if we end up with Bentaleb and Mason as first choice come the close of the window I won't be upset. If the primary backup options are two of Alli, Carroll, Veljkovic and the players from last season (Dembele, Stambouli or others) I will be somewhat nervous about who will step up to compete with Mason and Bentaleb though.

Feyenoord have confirmed that Jordy Clasie has been given permission to withdraw from preseason training as there is now 'concrete interest in his transfer'. 95% likely to be Saints, seeing as he's been linked with them for a long, long time. He'll be Schneiderlin's replacement, so this indicates that either a) developments have occurred with respect to Schneiderlin's transfer out, or b) some other club's growing interest in Clasie forced Saints' hand. Either way, we could be seeing the end of this whole Schneiderlin saga pretty soon.
Maybe it is us that are interested in Claise!!! I'm thinking we could cause Southhampton all sorts of headaches if we got involved here. A bit of leverage for MS??

If it is Saints in for Clasie, does that weaken their position on MS / strengthen MS's position?

Back