• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Spoke to a Southampton coach earlier due to us setting up a soccer school and he is coming in to take a couple of sessions. He reckons the team MS will sign for is not one people would expect.

Who would expect him to sign for Spurs? what with interest from Arsenal and United...

:eek:

Last edited:
I think we will be prepared to match the CL clubs financing for this guy. He also knows what he will get with Poch. Likewise Poch knows what he'll get with Schneiderlin. But if arrse or united really want him - flatter him say he's key to them etc - then we'll lose out.

All speculation but that's my take on it.

Word from Arse fans seems to be that with Arteta getting an extension and the emergance of Coquelin last season they would be very suprised to see Wenger spend 20m+ on another player for that role/position

United have the money, we know that, so why haven't they wrapped this deal up already if they're seriously interested? Im starting to wonder if it's delaying tactics, to hamper a rivals transfer business or using it as a potential ace in the sleeve for if they come calling for Lloris - could also be why we're making a move for Alderwierld...

Last edited:
Schneiderlin and Alderwierld if they both wanted to join us will cost us 35 big ones ... I'd be surprised if Levy would dig that deep into the club's pocket. Would love it if he did thou as I think these two, would really help us to improve our goals against stat.

Schneiderlin and Alderwierld if they both wanted to join us will cost us 35 big ones ... I'd be surprised if Levy would dig that deep into the club's pocket. Would love it if he did thou as I think these two, would really help us to improve our goals against stat.
One of the reasons Soton were so mean defensively last season. Despite selling all those players they bought in arguably better ones.

I am getting so fudging sick of hearing this bloke's name (Schneiderlein) that I genuinely now hope we don't and couldn't give a brick if we do. Feck off mate! If you wanted to be here you'd have pushed harder! NEXT!

I am getting so fudgeing sick of hearing this bloke's name (Schneiderlein) that I genuinely now hope we don't and couldn't give a crud if we do. Feck off mate! If you wanted to be here you'd have pushed harder! NEXT!

As badly as I want to see a CM come here I am starting to feel the same why about him.

I am getting so fudgeing sick of hearing this bloke's name (Schneiderlein) that I genuinely now hope we don't and couldn't give a crud if we do. Feck off mate! If you wanted to be here you'd have pushed harder! NEXT!

Bit harsh isn't it Steff? Is it any different to Modric how he was 'controlled by his clam of an agent'? Plus what if it's Soton who are making things difficult?

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 2h2 hours ago
Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin expects his future to be resolved in the "coming days". #saintsfc #afc #mufc #thfc

As usual nothing happens when a player says this.

Maybe United made a further enquiry or something, buying them a little more time while they wait for Schweinsteiger, giving Schneiderlin just enough encouragement to sit tight for another couple of weeks.

It's almost gotten to where I hope all interested clubs end up with someone else and he gets to spend another season at Southampton.

Bit harsh isn't it Steff? Is it any different to Modric how he was 'controlled by his clam of an agent'? Plus what if it's Soton who are making things difficult?

Probably harsh mate but I don't give a monkeys. Plus let's be real here, Modric's agent was pushing him to two clubs who would win the CL within 5 years. Schneiderlin isn't interested in coming here unless we are the only option IMO.

Probably harsh mate but I don't give a monkeys. Plus let's be real here, Modric's agent was pushing him to two clubs who would win the CL within 5 years. Schneiderlin isn't interested in coming here unless we are the only option IMO.
Steff, schneiderlin showed last season that he is not a "pushy" kind of player. He moaned a bit then just got on with it. Of course we wouldn't be his first choice, why would we be when Utd and Arsenal could blow us out of the water financially and offer CL? Can't blame him for that, it's just modern football. But if by some miracle the other options didn't work out for him, we may just get lucky and I am sure most fans would welcome him with open arms.

Controlled by his agent? Who is working for who? The agent is working for his client. Besides, he has made it clear that he wants to sign for a CL club so I am over him already.
I am happy to sign a player who wants to us get CL football

This is exactly what I'm talking about. ManU making just enough movement to make him wait, but not enough to close the deal because he's not their primary target. This in turn drags out a lot of other deals as we want to wait as long as possible before committing to someone else, who might be wanted by a lesser club than us and so on. Transfer window needs to close 31 July. Get everything sorted BEFORE the season starts.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. ManU making just enough movement to make him wait, but not enough to close the deal because he's not their primary target. This in turn drags out a lot of other deals as we want to wait as long as possible before committing to someone else, who might be wanted by a lesser club than us and so on. Transfer window needs to close 31 July. Get everything sorted BEFORE the season starts.

agree about the july 31st window close. However even though Utd are mega loaded i dont think they want to pay 30 mill for schneiderlin. They overpaid massively last summer for Shaw and i think they are wary about being fleeced again

Agree with you 100%. The window should close before our season begins. All clubs would then face a level playing field and know their squad at least until January. You know it makes sense. All this last minute chicanery is just so much stuff and nonsense.

The trouble is different leagues kick off on different dates

The vast majority start some time in August.

Denmark and Switzerland for instance have a shorter off season in the summer to allow for a longer winter break. They play into early June and the new season starts in July.

Countries like Norway and Sweden run from March to November.

It's not just about closing the window before the season starts, but simply shortening it to speed things up. We get the odd signing during June and July, but most clubs and players will wait for better offers. Majority of transfers are panic based and happen in the last week, let's move that week up a bit.

Back