• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Hasn't MS already gone to ManU.
In that case we should stop wasting our time on split mild and move on.
Maybe close this thread ;)

It was obvious to most fans that Schneiderlin would do very well last season and he would be out of our league when that happened. We needed to take a gamble last july (a more calculated gamble I might add than we took on the "magnificent 7 ").

Why was it obvious???

The season before last their stars out players were Llalana, Rodriguez and lambert??

Don't get me wrong I think he is a very good player but he had plenty of others that season who were arguably doing better

Likewise was it o cups I when we signed the magnificent seven they were gonna fail? They were all arguably the best players in their league or at the very least in their respective positions

Hindsight is wonderful but foresight is key. I wish we had got him last season but we didn't

Southampton turned down a £10  million bid from Tottenham last summer and, although the player initially wanted to leave, club directors decided that they would refuse all offers. Spurs, though, never actually improved on a single £10 million bid which Schneiderlin had wrongly thought would trigger a release clause. Relations between Tottenham and Southampton had also become strained earlier in the summer by the departure of Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11329142/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-ready-to-fight-with-Spurs-over-Southampton-midfielder-Morgan-Schneiderlin.html

Probably something to do with the prior sentence that says Soton board decided not to accept any offers.

martin-luther-king.jpg

Step 1: MS is NOT bought by Manue as LVG would prefer Schwiensteiger - who is cheaper and better

Step 2: Arsenal continue to pursue Vidal who is also cheaper

Step 3: MS doesn't want to go back to Soton but needs to play 1st team football at a club that is more 'glamourous' to ensure his best chance to get into the France 2016 squad

Step 4: "I really enjoyed my time working with Pochettino and i am very happy to have that chance again"

Step 1: MS is NOT bought by Manue as LVG would prefer Schwiensteiger - who is cheaper and better

Step 2: Arsenal continue to pursue Vidal who is also cheaper

Step 3: MS doesn't want to go back to Soton but needs to play 1st team football at a club that is more 'glamourous' to ensure his best chance to get into the France 2016 squad

Step 4: "I really enjoyed my time working with Pochettino and i am very happy to have that chance again"

step 5: Levy offers 8 mill pounds and Southampton tell him to feck orf

step 6: MS remains at Southampton

:)

Maybe it is a misquote but I am not sure how on the one hand they can say that there has been no bid and on the other quote Koeman saying there has been no "serious bid".

Not a misquote, I suspect.

Just a journalist who is incapable of understanding what he has heard or even of realising what he has just written.

FWIW, Koeman's quote seems to be nothing less than a message to Utd to up their previous bid.

Not a misquote, I suspect.

Just a journalist who is incapable of understanding what he has heard or even of realising what he has just written.

FWIW, Koeman's quote seems to be nothing less than a message to Utd to up their previous bid.

I think that you are right. It does sound like a "we know that you are loaded and over pay for players, so stop tinkling around" statement from Koeman

I'm trying to work out what our midfield is going to look like right now. When we look at comparisons of who is similar to MS, Bentaleb compares favourably even though he was the more defensive of our midfield two as opposed to MS who played with Wanyama. I guess what I'm asking is whether or not we should be looking for a defensive or offensive partner for Bentaleb, or someone with a bit of everything.

I'm trying to work out what our midfield is going to look like right now. When we look at comparisons of who is similar to MS, Bentaleb compares favourably even though he was the more defensive of our midfield two as opposed to MS who played with Wanyama. I guess what I'm asking is whether or not we should be looking for a defensive or offensive partner for Bentaleb, or someone with a bit of everything.

My understanding of what Poch wants from our midfield is having two players who have a bit of everything but most importantly can turn defence into attack quickly. For the squad, that probably means that we need four players with those qualities.

^ i think we want two players with similar attributes who are equally adept at both the defensive and offensive requirements of the position - i think Bentaleb with develop in to that type of player and Schneiderlin is already there

Well at least the deal has not been done yet.

Levy my good man. Please nip in there and blow them out of the water with a big offer like a good chap.

Back