• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mikey Moore

The major problem I see is what would happen with the B team of clubs that get relegated from PL? Do they get replaced by promoted team? What if team promoted hasn't got resources like Luton? If promoted team didn't have B team when promoted but get one after a couple of years who get thrown out to fit them in?

The major problem I see is what would happen with the B team of clubs that get relegated from PL? Do they get replaced by promoted team? What if team promoted hasn't got resources like Luton? If promoted team didn't have B team when promoted but get one after a couple of years who get thrown out to fit them in?

Easy enough to sort it. Don't have it linked to premier league places. Just go with how the pl2 does it now. Promotion and relegation. Just instead of the best youth teams being in pl2 they'll be in league 2 north or south.

How would it be at the expense of other clubs?

Not trying to argue. Just don't understand why it would hurt them?

Attendance is only one factor. Prem clubs have a global fan base. Some of whom might like to watch what their younger players coming through are like.

You would need to find space for the clubs in the league set up, I am assuming only 8/10 clubs would want B teams, you would still need to deny conference clubs promotion/relegate other clubs.

I think it would go the other way, people are not going to be bothered by watching Spurs B v AFC Wimbledon.

You can get a rough idea of the figures from the PL2/EFL trophy, they crowds there are not great.

A better idea is to bring back a proper reserve team league.

Why? If it's more money it might help them survive.
How many league clubs have gone bust in last 30 years ? Bury/Hereford/Halifax/Chester? - I'm sure of those went bust when they got relegated out of league.

You would need to find space for the clubs in the league set up, I am assuming only 8/10 clubs would want B teams, you would still need to deny conference clubs promotion/relegate other clubs.

I think it would go the other way, people are not going to be bothered by watching Spurs B v AFC Wimbledon.

You can get a rough idea of the figures from the PL2/EFL trophy, they crowds there are not great.

A better idea is to bring back a proper reserve team league.

How many league clubs have gone bust in last 30 years ? Bury/Hereford/Halifax/Chester? - I'm sure of those went bust when they got relegated out of league.

6 clubs have gone into administration since 2019 alone.

Covered the other points in previous posts.

And that's why it doesn't really work.

The only way it can work (IMO) is for teams to be free to purchase a lower league team. That lower league team could then never be allowed to play in the same league as the owning team. So if they ended up in the Championship and won promotion they would have to turn it down, or if a PL team got relegated into the same division as the purchased team then the purchased team would also have to be relegated. It all gets a bit messy really.

If it did happen then I would like see some additional stipulations for the purchased clubs such as having to play a minimum number of English qualified players and a minimum number of players under 23, etc.

Easy enough to sort it. Don't have it linked to premier league places. Just go with how the pl2 does it now. Promotion and relegation. Just instead of the best youth teams being in pl2 they'll be in league 2 north or south.

Yep I am a massive fan of the idea, I don't see the development of U18 - U21 being strong enough playing against players of their own age group in this level of football anymore. As you say if there was an area you can slot PL2s into say league 2 where clubs are unlikely to clash.

You can even make it so that if a PL team is relegated their PL2 loses league status and its replaced by the club going into the PL. Yeh it would be radical but the youth system here is archaic IMO

Yep I am a massive fan of the idea, I don't see the development of U18 - U21 being strong enough playing against players of their own age group in this level of football anymore. As you say if there was an area you can slot PL2s into say league 2 where clubs are unlikely to clash.

You can even make it so that if a PL team is relegated their PL2 loses league status and its replaced by the club going into the PL. Yeh it would be radical but the youth system here is archaic IMO

Last season the pl2 had stoke, middlesborough, sunderland and norwich in it (i forgot they expanded). So no doesn't have to be prem teams. The only problem would be if the parent club gets relegated to league 2. You'd have to relegate the b team to u21 football.

Don't like the idea of big clubs owning smaller clubs in the same country. Cements them as feeder clubs. Makes a mockery of the fa cup etc... Not fair on the fans. Really think multi club ownership should be totally banned.

And that's why it doesn't really work.

The only way it can work (IMO) is for teams to be free to purchase a lower league team. That lower league team could then never be allowed to play in the same league as the owning team. So if they ended up in the Championship and won promotion they would have to turn it down, or if a PL team got relegated into the same division as the purchased team then the purchased team would also have to be relegated. It all gets a bit messy really.

If it did happen then I would like see some additional stipulations for the purchased clubs such as having to play a minimum number of English qualified players and a minimum number of players under 23, etc.
In each case there would be a lucky recipient. If there were say five PLB teams in the championship, the odds of promotion turn from 3 from 20, to 3 from 15? The downside would be the initial integration of PLB sides, and future clubs promoted to the PL wanting a PLB team - perhaps if you are relegated you lose the right to a PLB team? You may as well just have a standalone PLB league, and play it midweek so benchwarmers are available at the weekend to warm the bench?

In Norway the B-teams play in the regular league, and can get promoted and relegated, but must be 2 divisions lower than the 1st team. However, if the 1st team get relegated, and the B-team are in the 3rd tier, they can stay in the 3rd tier while the first team are in the 2nd tier, for one season, if they wish. If the first team does not get promoted the following season, the B-team will be relegated to the 4th tier.
It's not very complicated.

In Norway the B-teams play in the regular league, and can get promoted and relegated, but must be 2 divisions lower than the 1st team. However, if the 1st team get relegated, and the B-team are in the 3rd tier, they can stay in the 3rd tier while the first team are in the 2nd tier, for one season, if they wish. If the first team does not get promoted the following season, the B-team will be relegated to the 4th tier.
It's not very complicated.
How many pro sides are there in Norway?
In the England its around 150 I believe
And then the amateur sides pay too
My nephew was getting £500 a month as video scout for Kings Lynn youth. That’s 6 levels lower than spurs and there is people getting paid well for part time roles
It’s such a big machine and arguably a broken one too

How many pro sides are there in Norway?
In the England its around 150 I believe
And then the amateur sides pay too
My nephew was getting £500 a month as video scout for Kings Lynn youth. That’s 6 levels lower than spurs and there is people getting paid well for part time roles
It’s such a big machine and arguably a broken one too
Tier 1-3 are fully professional teams, so 60 teams, tier 4 is semi pro, with probably about a 1/3 of the players being fully paid by the clubs, so obviously a lot less teams than in England.
But adjusted for population the numbers are probably about even.

This boy is making a massive cross to carry for himself. In all my time following Spurs I don't think we've ever had a young forward who has had so much expected of them, bloody social media stoking up the story.

This boy is making a massive cross to carry for himself. In all my time following Spurs I don't think we've ever had a young forward who has had so much expected of them, bloody social media stoking up the story.
Nah, this is nothing compared to the Terry Dixon hype!

Fans expectation is up to them. The player can’t control it and if they can, try and ignore it. Just keep going.

We have had many players who have been made a world beater before they are allowed to become one, lets hope Mickey can achieve wher others have struggled to carry through.
And then Kane was 'a crap Lee Barnard' and became England's greatest ever forward

Back