• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mikey Moore

Mikey Moore said it “meant everything” to score his first senior goal for us this week.

The attacking midfielder, still just 16 years of age, came up with a trademark run and low finish in the box to give us a 3-1 lead on the way to an overall 5-1 win against Hearts at Tynecastle Park in our first pre-season outing of the summer on Wednesday night.

It was a goal we’ve seen many times before during his time in the Academy, but the youngster said this one was extra-special as it represented his first one at first team level.

“To score my first goal, even though it was in a pre-season game, was probably the best feeling I’ve had so far, and to score in front of the fans as well... it was unreal!” beamed Mikey, who featured as a second-half substitute in our final two Premier League games of last season against Emirates Marketing Project and Sheffield United.

“The little dribble and finish... it’s what I’ve been doing in the Academy so I just wanted to keep doing what I’ve been doing. Even though it was a pre-season game, it meant everything to me.”

In the wake of his goal, a rendition of “Mikey Moore, he’s one of our own” could be heard emanating from the away end – something that wasn’t lost on the youngster.

“That was just incredible!” he said. “You don’t expect it, especially when you’re just coming into the team, but I really appreciate all the fans doing it, so I want to say thanks to them really.”

With pre-season now in full swing, Mikey underlined how he’s learning all the time under Ange Postecoglou.

“It’s been different coming into a first team environment, but it’s been really good,” he said. “I’ve learned a lot over the time I’ve had so far and hopefully I can just keep going.

“It’s been tough in the last couple of weeks – pre-season is always tough – but it’s been a good experience getting settled in and I’m just excited for what’s to come.”

You have to wonder though, if this was on the continent then Moore would be in the senior squad of a top club for sure. in the UK it's much less certain

I know his development is more important than our bottom line but i hope we are having a 'good headache' deciding whether or not to put him and the other youngsters into the senior squad

Last edited:
You have to wonder though, if this was on the continent then Moore would be in the senior squad of a top club for sure. in the UK it's much less certain

I know his development is more important than our bottom line but i hope we are having a 'good headache' deciding whether or not to put him and the other youngsters into the senior squad

He'll be a part of the first team (squad/b list) next season. Too young to go on loan. To much promise to lose.

We have a lot of games next season.

Remember he is still only 16. He's played a couple of times already for the first team.

16 year olds playing for the first team is not the norm. Even on the continent. Jamal is an exception. Not the rule.

Remember he is still only 16. He's played a couple of times already for the first team.

16 year olds playing for the first team is not the norm. Even on the continent. Jamal is an exception. Not the rule.

It's not about the age on the continent, it's about the talent though. And its becoming more and more of a standard play that if you are good enough then you are old enough. Question is, is Moore THAT good right now? Is he truly this next level, transcendent, generational talent that the hype has him at? If he is then ease him into the men's professional football and see how he copes. If he copes well and heaven forbid, is actually better than our 1st team players, then welcome to the next chapter of your like Mr. Moore

It's not about the age on the continent, it's about the talent though. And its becoming more and more of a standard play that if you are good enough then you are old enough. Question is, is Moore THAT good right now? Is he truly this next level, transcendent, generational talent that the hype has him at? If he is then ease him into the men's professional football and see how he copes. If he copes well and heaven forbid, is actually better than our 1st team players, then welcome to the next chapter of your like Mr. Moore

He is already been used for the first team, in prem games. I see no reason why that won't continue next season. We have a lot of europa league games aswell.

I think it's easier to come in on the continent, not as many physical games and slower pace, there are fewer teams with a chance of major honours which may reduce pressure on player and manager.

I think it's easier to come in on the continent, not as many physical games and slower pace, there are fewer teams with a chance of major honours which may reduce pressure on player and manager.

Spain also has second teams where they can cut their teeth.

We really should do that here. Would boost the lower leagues viewing figures.

I don't like the development programme we have in our league, young players don't get to play against experienced players. Previously youth leagues went up to 18 then players moved to a reserve league and played against men. Did not have the massive substitutes bench back then so plenty of experienced players available for reserves. It's a massive step up from youth football and all the training with the 1st team really doesn't reflect what they face. I remember well the shock I got when first playing against adults, went from being a strong aggressive player to a kid who spent a lot of time on my arse.

I don't like the development programme we have in our league, young players don't get to play against experienced players. Previously youth leagues went up to 18 then players moved to a reserve league and played against men. Did not have the massive substitutes bench back then so plenty of experienced players available for reserves. It's a massive step up from youth football and all the training with the 1st team really doesn't reflect what they face. I remember well the shock I got when first playing against adults, went from being a strong aggressive player to a kid who spent a lot of time on my arse.
You would have thought the senior bench warmers would rather play a reserve game than nothing?

You would have thought the senior bench warmers would rather play a reserve game than nothing?

Luckily subs didn't come in at my level until the end of my playing time and then only one, I hated being a sub as a defender you only got on if someone got injured. I would find it soul destroying only starting 6 or 7 games a season but I suppose it's all about the money to some.

Probably not, sad to see local grounds half empty and kids walking around in United and Liverpool shirts.
That won't change with PL B teams.

Average season attendance for league 2 last year was over 6k, how does that compare with the rest of Europes 4th tier?

Hasn't been much of a bump in numbers in the EFL trophy with u21 teams from PL

I'd certainly look at changing the league up, but not at the expense of other clubs.

Average season attendance for league 2 last year was over 6k, how does that compare with the rest of Europes 4th tier?

I'd certainly look at changing the league up, but not at the expense of other clubs.

I agree there needs to be reserve leagues for teams with resources to be in it. In the south there was the Football Combination League and a similar league for North and Midlands

How would it be at the expense of other clubs?

Not trying to argue. Just don't understand why it would hurt them?

Attendance is only one factor. Prem clubs have a global fan base. Some of whom might like to watch what their younger players coming through are like.

Last edited:
He seems to have a knack of scoring in almost every game doesnt he!? Scored another couple today against Japan u20s in a closed doors friendly (Apparently only a 60min game)

Last edited:
Back