• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The last time we had a sniff at the title (when Leicester, uggh I hate typing this, won), and the potential went away (at Cheat$ki) we had a real slump. And after Burnley we didn’t get a positive reaction today - unlike Cheat$ki who played decently against Emirates Marketing Project and lost on pens.

Poch has to dig in for the next couple of days and get this lot motivated. Manure are still on a great run and the goons have started winning again. Let’s hope he can get our lads to play with intensity and danger (to the opposition, not our heart-rates).

The last time we had a sniff at the title (when Leicester, uggh I hate typing this, won), and the potential went away (at Cheat$ki) we had a real slump. And after Burnley we didn’t get a positive reaction today - unlike Cheat$ki who played decently against Emirates Marketing Project and lost on pens.

Poch has to dig in for the next couple of days and get this lot motivated. Manure are still on a great run and the goons have started winning again. Let’s hope he can get our lads to play with intensity and danger (to the opposition, not our heart-rates).
I believe that this set of players have enough pride to put in a performance. If there’s one game I’d want us to win it would be this one and I think we will. Chelseas perfect game after losing the final would have been us at home, in the same way our perfect game after losing to Chelsea would be that lot down the road at home. We will put in a performance and that should be enough to get the three points, and all will be right in the world again....

Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham title could be 10 years away
https://www.skysports.com/football/...o-says-tottenham-title-could-be-10-years-away

--------------------------------------------------

What does he mean by 10 years !!?? Spurs are supposed to win the league title, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League in 2021, with the magic of the year than ends in 1 ! Any Spurs manager, players or chairman who does not believe in that are not fit to be at Spurs !

Remember we had won at least 1 trophy in 1901, 1921, 1951, 1961, 1971, 1981 and 1991. Levy fecked up the magic by sacking George Graham before the 2001 FA Cup semi final and appointing the clueless Hoddle. Levy did even bigger mistake by appointing Redknapp who fecked up the magic in 2011. Now Pochettino must win the quadruple in 2021 !:D

Well said Poch i posted on here a couple of seasons back that we struggle to obtain the winning mentality and took a lot of stick for saying it from a number of members, now Poch has come out and said the following.

But he has now gone one set further by suggesting his side lack a long-term winning mentality to succeed.

But he has now gone one set further by suggesting his side lack a long-term winning mentality to succeed.

"If you want to be a real contender, playing well or not, it's (the game against Burnley) a must-win," Pochettino said.

We have a squad of very good players ( some as good as any elsewhere) but we seem to be unable to win the really big games ( semi finals, crunch games) and become winners. I am sure some of the same members will still object to what i said about a lack of a winning mentality but now Poch has come out and seems to suggest the same. So do those members who objected to my opinion at that time object to it being suggested by Poch. Surely not???

Well said Poch i posted on here a couple of seasons back that we struggle to obtain the winning meteorology and took a lot of stick for saying it from a number of members, now Poch has come out and said the following.

But he has now gone one set further by suggesting his side lack a long-term winning meteorology to succeed.

But he has now gone one set further by suggesting his side lack a long-term winning meteorology to succeed.

"If you want to be a real contender, playing well or not, it's (the game against Burnley) a must-win," Pochettino said.

We have a squad of very good players ( some as good as any elsewhere) but we seem to be unable to win the really big games ( semi finals, crunch games) and become winners. I am sure some of the same members will still object to what i said about a lack of a winning meteorology but now Poch has come out and seems to suggest the same. So do those members who objected to my opinion at that time object to it being suggested by Poch. Surely not???

Ok, i have to ask you seeing as you've raised it: the lack of winning mentality in the team - how much is that due to the players and how much of that is due to Poch himself? After all, this is his 5th season with us and it's certainly HIS team he's working with....

Ok, i have to ask you seeing as you've raised it: the lack of winning meteorology in the team - how much is that due to the players and how much of that is due to Poch himself? After all, this is his 5th season with us and it's certainly HIS team he's working with....

Poch can not play on the field so it has to be down to the players. A manager can encourage, inspire, direct , wind them up to win etc but once they cross the line its down to the players.

Poch can not play on the field so it has to be down to the players. A manager can encourage, inspire, direct , wind them up to win etc but once they cross the line its down to the players.

Ok, but how does he instil a winning mentality when he:

a) decides to thrown certain cup games (e.g. Dortmund 3 years ago)
b) says winning the league and FA Cups (let's be honest, the more realistic trophies that we can win) are not important and "just massage egos"
c) now says perhaps if we wait another 5 years we might be able to challenge for the league
d) has himself has not won a trophy as a manager

There may well be an issue about the mentality of some of our individual players...but at some point the buck stops with Poch, it's not like he just took over the team in the last 18 months...

Ok, but how does he instil a winning meteorology when he:

a) decides to thrown certain cup games (e.g. Dortmund 3 years ago)
b) says winning the league and FA Cups (let's be honest, the more realistic trophies that we can win) are not important and "just massage egos"
c) now says perhaps if we wait another 5 years we might be able to challenge for the league
d) has himself has not won a trophy as a manager

There may well be an issue about the meteorology of some of our individual players...but at some point the buck stops with Poch, it's not like he just took over the team in the last 18 months...

Fair points but we lose lge games as well so its not just not caring about certain trophys, players WANT to win things '( despite what some fans believe) and they should have enough pride to go and win these games, they have talent ( we know that) but i have said before they( some of them) seem to lack that extra determination to do so, call it what you will but it includes a winning mentality to be the best and by doing so win the crunch games.

Fair points but we lose lge games as well so its not just not caring about certain trophys, players WANT to win things '( despite what some fans believe) and they should have enough pride to go and win these games, they have talent ( we know that) but i have said before they( some of them) seem to lack that extra determination to do so, call it what you will but it includes a winning meteorology to be the best and by doing so win the crunch games.

Just look at the team/s that now win anything with any regularity!

Fair points but we lose lge games as well so its not just not caring about certain trophys, players WANT to win things '( despite what some fans believe) and they should have enough pride to go and win these games, they have talent ( we know that) but i have said before they( some of them) seem to lack that extra determination to do so, call it what you will but it includes a winning meteorology to be the best and by doing so win the crunch games.
Scousers have had a wobble, Think City lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine?.....did they have mentaility problems on those days.

This league is basically about the games when the top 6 play each other. We have our fair share of wins in those games. Away (they've all been away for two seasons) could be much better, but as i have said before, if you win those away games, you probably win the league.

The problem is those away games are against f.cking good teams, you can have all the will in the world, but so may the other team, who have no intention of giving up anything easily.

Yeah.
Well such players usually cost more money...or...they can be carefully scouted and brought in under the radar of more cash-rich clubs.

Our USP if you like was that 'battle against the man' thing we've been doing to put ourselves into such league and CL positions that we are punching above our weight.

Sadly, i think Poch with his comments over the last few months has unintentionally eroded that USP and also his standing in the game a bit as a coach (perhaps even with some of our players too..)

Put it this way: Poch is known as a hard taskmaster who trains his players possibly harder than anyone save for maybe Bielsa or Pep, if you are a player why would you join him if
a) the club don't pay the wage levels that even some of our more mediocre clubs around us do (think West Ham, Everton etc)
b) he poo-poos trophies as 'just for egos', constantly doesn't take the current side beyond the next step in the PL/CL and then says 'oh btw, it'll be another 5 years before we do'? After all, a lot can happen (or not) in 5 years...

Scousers have had a wobble, Think City lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine?.....did they have mentaility problems on those days.

This league is basically about the games when the top 6 play each other. We have our fair share of wins in those games. Away (they've all been away for two seasons) could be much better, but as i have said before, if you win those away games, you probably win the league.

The problem is those away games are against f.cking good teams, you can have all the will in the world, but so may the other team, who have no intention of giving up anything easily.
Yes, it's against the other top 6 teams the issue is. Every top team loses the odd game, but vs the other top teams, you have to make sure that you don't lose! As much as I admire going all out for the win, some times it's better to be a bit cautious and defensive minded.
We've lost at home to united, city and Liverpool. A draw in those games would not only gain us 3 points, but also take away 2 points from each of them.
That would now put us just 4 and 3 points behind Liverpool and city, and 10 clear of united. It makes a massive difference!

Back