• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Accepting the charge and refusing to make public what Dean said to him.

All too predictable, I sometimes wish Poch was an ******** like Klopp or Jose. However, emotion aside, this is probably the right move. Will be interesting if Dean refs us again this season?

Apparently Dean hasnt refereed Liverpool since 2006 (at least, as at 2016 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36075347 )

So maybe it wouldnt be a surprise if he doesnt come near us for a while...

Actually he was pulled before the game, he didnt ref it
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/apr/24/newsstory.facup200506

The Football Association has announced that Alan Wiley will replace Merseyside official Mike Dean as referee for the FA Cup final between Liverpool and West Ham next month.

The 45-year-old Wiley took charge of this season's Carling Cup final between Manchester United and Wigan and replaces Dean due to the FA's policy of not using officials who come from the same area as one of the teams in question. "The decision was taken following Liverpool's semi-final victory on Saturday," read an FA statement, contradicting an FA spokesman's earlier claim that, "he's [Dean] been appointed, and that's not going to change."

The statement continuted: "We have complete faith in Mike Dean's refereeing ability, integrity and impartiality. However, given the huge interest in all aspects of the FA Cup final, the fact that he is from the Wirral might lead to comment and debate which would place him under undue additional pressure.

"The decision has been taken with the best interests of Mike Dean and the competition in mind. At the age of 37, Mike Dean is still young enough to referee a future FA Cup final." The final will be held at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on May 13.

There is no benefit for us as a club to get into a war with the FA over this, seems Poch accepts that and imo that is the best way.

It is a bit of a shame to be see him be sooooooooo apologetic in his presser today though. I always trust the man, but I feel like there could have been a middle ground between drawing a line under it and not making himself out to be so super wrong.

Referees and the FA close ranks like Catholic priests after a sleep over at an orphanage. There's no way of ever getting justice or transparency from them. It's a horrible organisation.

Its the way this country is run, no one in charge ever accept responsibility or admits to mistakes, but rest assured "lessons have been learnt" and we can all get back to our hovels and let them get on with things, drinks allround chaps.

I really do wonder what Dean said. ............for him AND Jesus to get as riled up as that
Indeed, clearly he said something VERY provocative.
I can see why some of the posters in this thread are saying "You can't go to war with the refs / FA"

But flip that around, what if Poch came out and said "Mike Dean said XXX YYY ZZZ" which is just a statement of fact. That would tell all the refs that Poch will not lie down, he will call them out in public if they cross the line.

Pure speculation on my part, but Poch had words with Dean in the tunnel, so perhaps Poch also feels guilty about something he said or did, that we didn't see. Either before or after

Its the way this country is run, no one in charge ever accept responsibility or admits to mistakes, but rest assured "lessons have been learnt" and we can all get back to our hovels and let them get on with things, drinks allround chaps.

The police are the same. How long did it take them to admit wrongdoing with Hillsborough!

It is a bit of a shame to be see him be sooooooooo apologetic in his presser today though. I always trust the man, but I feel like there could have been a middle ground between drawing a line under it and not making himself out to be so super wrong.

Read between the lines mate and you will see that Poch actually makes sure everyone knows Dean crossed a fat fudging line. Smart.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham title could be 10 years away
https://www.skysports.com/football/...o-says-tottenham-title-could-be-10-years-away

--------------------------------------------------

What does he mean by 10 years !!?? Spurs are supposed to win the league title, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League in 2021, with the magic of the year than ends in 1 ! Any Spurs manager, players or chairman who does not believe in that are not fit to be at Spurs !

Remember we had won at least 1 trophy in 1901, 1921, 1951, 1961, 1971, 1981 and 1991. Levy fecked up the magic by sacking George Graham before the 2001 FA Cup semi final and appointing the clueless Hoddle. Levy did even bigger mistake by appointing Redknapp who fecked up the magic in 2011. Now Pochettino must win the quadruple in 2021 !:D

Regarding Poch's statement that it will take 10 years to get the right mentality to win the title, I have a magic solution that could make it happen a lot sooner...

How many corners did we have o Saturday against Burnley? Plenty.... How many were delivered to the danger area on the 6 yard line? None, that I can remember..

Ericcsen can't clear the first defender and hasn't been able to do so with any degree of regularity for years... On Saturday we decided to play it short,because of this reason I assume, and once the ball ended up being played back to Lloris.
This is crazy and how poch cannot see what we all can is beyond belief...

Corners are a great opportunity to score and we usually get quite a few in games as we tend to boss possession and territory stats around the opponent's goal.. We are just too arrogant to take them seriously... The same can often be said for free kicks in their half..

How was Burnley's first goal scored? A corner delivered with pace to the middle of the goal near the 6 yard line..

We would be a lot closer to having the mentality to win the league if poch managed to identify a premier league standard player on £150k a week who could do what players in most Sunday league teams can do and just put the ball in the right f...ing place in the box.

COYS.

Regarding Poch's statement that it will take 10 years to get the right meteorology to win the title, I have a magic solution that could make it happen a lot sooner...

How many corners did we have o Saturday against Burnley? Plenty.... How many were delivered to the danger area on the 6 yard line? None, that I can remember..

Ericcsen can't clear the first defender and hasn't been able to do so with any degree of regularity for years... On Saturday we decided to play it short,because of this reason I assume, and once the ball ended up being played back to Lloris.
This is crazy and how poch cannot see what we all can is beyond belief...

Corners are a great opportunity to score and we usually get quite a few in games as we tend to boss possession and territory stats around the opponent's goal.. We are just too arrogant to take them seriously... The same can often be said for free kicks in their half..

How was Burnley's first goal scored? A corner delivered with pace to the middle of the goal near the 6 yard line..

We would be a lot closer to having the meteorology to win the league if poch managed to identify a premier league standard player on £150k a week who could do what players in most Sunday league teams can do and just put the ball in the right f...ing place in the box.

COYS.

I don't think it's arrogance at all, tripps and lamela both take dangerous corners but either Eriksen is brick at corners or he is told to play to front post, I'd say the latter and if it is we really need to mix it up because it's to easy to defend.

Have a runner at the front post, a runner at the back post and 2 runners in the middle and whip the ball in fast in the 6 yard box. If you get enough pace on the ball and the 6 yard box is packed the ball can go absolutely anywhere. Got to be better than hitting the first man all the time.

Read between the lines mate and you will see that Poch actually makes sure everyone knows Dean crossed a fat fudging line. Smart.

Absolutely. Starts with the standard apologies, meaningless platitudes, and then ends with, effectively "I was wrong in my behaviour, not in my point"

He shouldnt have lost his brick publicly, for which he apologises, but whatever he had to say to Dean was valid.

I think its a pretty smart "apology". Goes through all the motions, but makes himself look the good guy and lays it square on Dean as well.

Have a runner at the front post, a runner at the back post and 2 runners in the middle and whip the ball in fast in the 6 yard box. If you get enough pace on the ball and the 6 yard box is packed the ball can go absolutely anywhere. Got to be better than hitting the first man all the time.

We may as well sack Poch right now, I'll get on the blower to Levy. How has he never thought of this as a tactic? It's fudging genius...

Stupid Poch, telling Eriksen and co to hit the first man on corner delivery.

Poch lost his temper. No big deal.
Poch now says he needs 10 years... very counterproductive to improving 'mentality' I would have thought and the timing feels odd.

If Pochettino cant improve Spurs player mentality, good luck with Real.

Back