• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

In isolation i think Poch's comments on needing 10 years to change the mentality to win PL/CL would be fair enough...however, on the back of the previous comments about the other two trophies not being important "save for inflating egos"...? Hmmmm...

I'm reading it as 10 years in total, so 5 more in addition to the 5 he's already been here, but I think it's really just a kick in the ass for the players. Time to step up or get shipped out as we prepare for the next step in our evolution.

My feelings were if I’m Eriksen, Dele and Harry, I’m thinking ‘another’ five years before we win something!
I’m off!

My feelings were if I’m Eriksen, Dele and Harry, I’m thinking ‘another’ five years before we win something!
I’m off!

I don't think that is what he's saying. It could take another five years to establish a culture where we never take games lightly and don't accept not winning. Like United under Ferguson.

5 more years is how I read it too. Not as a definitive number, just in a ‘I’ve tried for 5 years but it might take another 5’ figure of speech way.
I am sure his press conference won’t be where the players are hearing Poch’s thoughts on this for the first time. I’d imagine there was a bit of a rollicking or some such after the game and at training on Monday morning.
The game against Southampton will be the next test in terms of expected effort (given that effort tonight and Saturday should be automatic).

I’m off!

In the context of the rest of his comments, I think it's clear he was challenging the players - to change their mentality now - rather than suggesting they accept it will take five-ten years to win trophies, and that this is out of their control. E.g. Eriksen played brick against Burnley, so if he wants to win trophies now he should start by looking at himself.

In the context of the rest of his comments, I think it's clear he was challenging the players - to change their meteorology now - rather than suggesting they accept it will take five-ten years to win trophies, and that this is out of their control. E.g. Eriksen played brick against Burnley, so if he wants to win trophies now he should start by looking at himself.

Poch has gone from a very calm and almost Zen like figure to full on Ian Holloway ;)

They must have slipped something in his water bottle at Burnley.

We may as well sack Poch right now, I'll get on the blower to Levy. How has he never thought of this as a tactic? It's fudging genius...

Stupid Poch, telling Eriksen and co to hit the first man on corner delivery.

Someones very protective aren’t they? For a minute there i thought this was a place for people to discuss tottenham and express their opinions.

What did he say? Pitchforks and boiling oil for our poor performers?

Not a lot. Just his aura. :)

He was asked if he’d criticise Toby and he said mistakes happen in football. Anytime you score you could argue a mistake gives you the opportunity.

Said football is great when you’re winning but hard when you lose a couple of games but we all need to remain calm and not panic.

I’m fudging steaming over tonight. It was an abomination but Poch is the man.

Not at all.
Said it was an even game. Different to Burnley where we didn’t match their energy.
Football is about mistakes, no criticism of the defence.
It was calm Poch. But not very happy Poch.

He looks angry at them and angry at himself. Saturday will be very different.

Back