• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think the problem is timescale. We may get the investment needed but it will take some considerable time. Next year will tell us more.
But no big "wedge" from Levy imo.

An overhaul need not include significant spending, remember the magnificent 7?

I agree he seems to be at the end of his tether at the minute, but IMO its more with the players than the job. Hence thinking he will change it up, more than he will leave.

It was only a couple of weeks ago he was glowing about the project and seeing it through.

True enough. I hope he hasn't had a change of heart, or that someone he listens to hasn't been in his ear about moving on.

Been thinking for a while there might be a bit of a cull/recruitment drive.

And I suspect these last couple of games may have focused his thinking around it.

Absolutely.

Will add any talk of him leaving is mischief making.
Saturday is a big day for several IMO...I think whatever happens we will finish top4, what I wonder is who will get shipped?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I personally think it more likely now that Pochettino will walk away in the summer than that Levy will sanction significant spending. Recent events (calling out players; the out-of-character episode with Dean) are symptomatic of the way the mood has been disrupted and it already feels as though he is distancing himself a bit. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect the close season might end up being a bit fraught.

Rest-assured mate, you’re wrong![emoji6]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Why would we want to sell one of our best players?
The only reason I can think of would be if he doesn’t want to sign a new deal and we give ourselves a chance to get some cash to replace him / have more of a say where he ends up.

Form is temporary, class is permanent but we need him committed to the cause.

In this instance 2 fold.

1) If he doesnt sign a new contract then this summer is his peak value and best time to sell. Just good business.

2) The benefit of fresh blood may be seen to outweigh the cost of losing Eriksen.

I agree if he doesn’t sign a new contract

But he’s our engine and I don’t trust the recruitment team to replace him properly.

I agree if he doesn’t sign a new contract

But he’s our engine and I don’t trust the recruitment team to replace him properly.

I dont think you do replace him, I think you change things to work without.

There could be an argument now that the team needs to accommodate him and his skills, and as a result our performances are quite directly linked to how he plays. And that we might be able to find a better shape without considering him in the side.

I dont think you do replace him, I think you change things to work without.

There could be an argument now that the team needs to accommodate him and his skills, and as a result our performances are quite directly linked to how he plays. And that we might be able to find a better shape without considering him in the side.

How would you replace his assists/goals/corner taking....

I think if he does follow the manager to Madrid (lol) we should have a cash/player deal as someone like Isco would help.

Despite his loss of form (I think his heads been turned) I still think he’s our most important player when everyone is on form.

I guess one way to go is to follow Liverpool and become harder to beat and rely on the front 3 to pull something out the bag

How would you replace his assists/goals/corner taking....

I think if he does follow the manager to Madrid (lol) we should have a cash/player deal as someone like Isco would help.

Despite his loss of form (I think his heads been turned) I still think he’s a storm trooper mutiny pal when everyone is on form.

I guess one way to go is to follow Liverpool and become harder to beat and rely on the front 3 to pull something out the bag

Change shape, rebalance the team.

Move to a proper 4-3-3 for example, with a really mobile midfield and proper attacking players ahead.

Or stick to our 4-2-3-1 but make Alli the main man, allowing for Son and Moura to play off of Kane....

I should say, I love Eriksen and ideally for me he will sign up long term and find some form - Im playing devils advocate somewhat.

For me though I have honestly considered his value more this season, and wondered if losing him would actually be the end of the world.

Honestly I dont think it would be a total disaster.

Mauricio Pochettino has described the reaction to the end of Tottenham's fleeting title challenge as "weird" and says the club's critics are "living in a different reality".
The Spurs manager has admitted it will be impossible to win the league title after consecutive defeats to Burnley and Chelsea left them nine points adrift of Liverpool, and looking nervously over their shoulders at the chasing pack, but he believes they deserve credit for their position in the table.

Arsenal can close the gap to their north London rivals to a single point with a win at Wembley on Saturday and Pochettino claimed every Spurs would have signed up for that situation at the start of the season.

"The feeling is a little bit weird," he said. "Everyone before the start of the season [would] sign up to be in the position that we’re in today and you’re asking me, ‘It’s only four points to Arsenal, or Manchester United and Chelsea are below us’.

"I think we’re living in different realities because, with all the circumstances, Tottenham deserve big praise to be in the position that we’re in at this moment of the season.

"Of course we’re disappointed in the last two results but we need to keep going and trust in our team. It’s going to be tough on Saturday but we believe we can deliver a good job.

"[Winning the title] was difficult after the Burnley defeat and after Chelsea it’s nearly impossible. Of course we want to dream in football. While mathematically it can be possible of course you can dream but to be honest it’s not a possibility."

On Thursday, Pochettino formally accepted an FA charge of improper conduct for furiously confronting referee Mike Dean following the 2-1 defeat at Burnley last Saturday.

He is likely to escape punishment before the Arsenal game but he could be banned from the touchline on his return to Southampton on Saturday week – a punishment he believes would be unfair.

"I accepted [the charge] yes, I signed my name," Pochettino said. "But a ban, why? I don't believe that it's going to happen. I don't think that's going to be fair.

"For what? It was a conversation, no? Maybe it was close but it was a conversation. I don't believe it's fair. But I'm going to accept if they ban me and I can't be in the dugout against Southampton. I am going to accept. It's different if it's fair or not. I don't believe it is but I'm going to trust the FA and accept what they say."

Harry Kane, meanwhile, escaped retrospective action from the FA for leaning his head into Chelsea captain Cesar Azpilicueta in Tottenham's 2-0 reverse at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

The incident was seen by the match officials, who decided against taking action, and Pochettino described Kane's behaviour as "fantastic".

"He was very professional in the action. I wasn’t worried because I knew what happened was going to happen.

"He is a player that cares about the club, the team and the result and it is normal to behave like this. The reaction is fantastic from my point of view because it is a player that cares about what has happened. It should be strange or different if he didn’t show that character or show the message that he cares about the result, he cares about the situation, he cares about the club. That is the most important thing in my point of view."

Kane's return from a seven-match absence with ankle ligament damage has been met with two defeats but Pochettino laughed off suggestions the England captain had disrupted the balance of his team.

"It makes me laugh, it is unbelievable, but that is the era we are living in," he said. "Harry is one of the best strikers, players in the world. For different circumstances we didn't win but Harry is one of the best players, not only here in Tottenham, in England, in Europe and the world and that is no doubt and there is no debate."

Meanwhile, Pochettino has revealed he was "so close" to signing Heung-min Son for Southampton back in 2013 but says the South Korea chose to move to Bayer Leverkusen from Hamburg on the advice of his family

It would not surprise me if there is a change, several of the players have talent but they have not shown it in some of our crunch games.

You could name 10 or so players that many would be meh if they left for a numerous reasons.

You wouldn’t never have that much of a turn over, but but shows the job needed to do.

Back