• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The Sun all over an "exclusive" that he's eyeing Real in the summer. It's fudging incessant.
I won't link to The Sun, but the headline can be seen here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

I’m at the point now where if he goes he goes, bored of the stories.

I don’t want him to go, but it could be exciting to see how another manager does with the squad.

I still don’t think he’s ready for a bigger club and would be foolish to move yet.

I’m at the point now where if he goes he goes, bored of the stories.

I don’t want him to go, but it could be exciting to see how another manager does with the squad.

I still don’t think he’s ready for a bigger club and would be foolish to move yet.
It would be more exciting to see the guy who built our solid top 4 foundations see the job through winning us trophies whilst growing us organically and prove even in modern football you can still earn success the right way....

I presume this theory has been throw out there,one reason we didn't buy this year was that if Poch was to go ,Levy won't have £120 mill to give to the next manager or any money infact,the next manager will want a pot to buy his own players not someone else is??

I presume this theory has been throw out there,one reason we didn't buy this year was that if Poch was to go ,Levy won't have £120 mill to give to the next manager or any money infact,the next manager will want a pot to buy his own players not someone else is??

Poch signed a new, enhanced, deal himself at the end of last season. So I can't see Levy's logic being 'I'll pay Poch a shed load more money, but won't give him anything to spend in case he leaves.'

Been thinking for a while there might be a bit of a cull/recruitment drive.

And I suspect these last couple of games may have focused his thinking around it.

I personally think it more likely now that Pochettino will walk away in the summer than that Levy will sanction significant spending. Recent events (calling out players; the out-of-character episode with Dean) are symptomatic of the way the mood has been disrupted and it already feels as though he is distancing himself a bit. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect the close season might end up being a bit fraught.

Has there been any news about his touchline ban from Deangate? It was mooted that it'd be effective as of tomorrows game. With Kane escaping punishment I really can't see Poch getting off too.

Has there been any news about his touchline ban from Deangate? It was mooted that it'd be effective as of tomorrows game. With Kane escaping punishment I really can't see Poch getting off too.

Is he really likely to get a ban do we think, or will it just be a fine?
He was angry and persistent but (according to Poch) not abusive; and he didn't slate the officials to the media afterwards. First time offence as well? I am hoping for just a fine.
What I really don't want is a ban that doesn't take effect until our next game after Woolwich - which could very well be our first game at NWHL.

Is he really likely to get a ban do we think, or will it just be a fine?
He was angry and persistent but (according to Poch) not abusive; and he didn't slate the officials to the media afterwards. First time offence as well? I am hoping for just a fine.
What I really don't want is a ban that doesn't take effect until our next game after Woolwich - which could very well be our first game at NWHL.

It'd be Southampton away surely then? Touchline bans aren't only effective for your next home game are they?

I personally think it more likely now that Pochettino will walk away in the summer than that Levy will sanction significant spending. Recent events (calling out players; the out-of-character episode with Dean) are symptomatic of the way the mood has been disrupted and it already feels as though he is distancing himself a bit. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect the close season might end up being a bit fraught.

An overhaul need not include significant spending, remember the magnificent 7?

I agree he seems to be at the end of his tether at the minute, but IMO its more with the players than the job. Hence thinking he will change it up, more than he will leave.

It was only a couple of weeks ago he was glowing about the project and seeing it through.

Contracts mean nothing really,real madrid will pay that up in loose change...i presume their has been talks(e.g rodgers didn't have the phone call to take over Leicester just last week he was tapped up 6/8 months ago) and it be up to Poch to see if he fancies staying or going....plus if we do move into the new WHL next month thats one thing ticked off his list that he's managed in the new ground.

Contracts mean nothing really,real madrid will pay that up in loose change...i presume their has been talks(e.g rodgers didn't have the phone call to take over Leicester just last week he was tapped up 6/8 months ago) and it be up to Poch to see if he fancies staying or going....plus if we do move into the new WHL next month thats one thing ticked off his list that he's managed in the new ground.
You obviously havent paid much attention to Real Madrid lately have you - their days of spending what they want when they want have very much been curbed. Their ex president saying Mourinho will get the job, who wont cost them a penny in compensation and has been there and done it. This isnt the time for Poch to want the Real job, or Real to want Poch.....

An overhaul need not include significant spending, remember the magnificent 7?

I agree he seems to be at the end of his tether at the minute, but IMO its more with the players than the job. Hence thinking he will change it up, more than he will leave.

It was only a couple of weeks ago he was glowing about the project and seeing it through.

The squad needs a fair bit of investment, like or or not depending on your view we will need a fair wedge

Back