• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Well there's the recording, plus his coach Jesus, the other officials, the tv camera crew etc.

Maybe I missed something but if Dean really had crossed a line, surely Poch would have made some sort of reference to it? Cannot help thinking, whatever Dean said to Poch he made sure he was not out of line.

The recordings that Poch doesn’t have?
Their the FA recordings
The TV cameras didn’t catch anything from Dean, just the reaction off Poch and Jesus

On the face of it, yes, but Sarri quickly changed his tune when he realised the pickle he'd got himself into. Still begs the question why Poch did not offer Dean's behaviour as an explanation for the way he reacted.

Because he knows that to take on an entire organization (refs) at this stage of the season would be dangerous. He knows that the fine is worth taking in this case, that he owns up to his bit, and that we move on without causing a "war" with the refs. Because refs will band together if a manager calls them out on specifics; there is no precedent. I wonder if it will be revisited somehow in the summer when the dust has settled? I wonder if we will call for a meeting with the refs and the FA to discuss it? I am speculating on that last bit BTW. I remain of the firm belief that Dean went way over the line.

Because he knows that to take on an entire organization (refs) at this stage of the season would be dangerous. He knows that the fine is worth taking in this case, that he owns up to his bit, and that we move on without causing a "war" with the refs. Because refs will band together if a manager calls them out on specifics; there is no precedent. I wonder if it will be revisited somehow in the summer when the dust has settled? I wonder if we will call for a meeting with the refs and the FA to discuss it? I am speculating on that last bit BTW. I remain of the firm belief that Dean went way over the line.
I agree. There may even be an unwritten agreement to keep Dean away from Spurs for the rest of the season.

The FA are experts at covering things like this up, look at what Terry got away with saying to King, whatever comment Dean made it’s nothing compared to that.

Is there a video of that because I've never actually seen it? Surely Ledley wouldn't let it slide though, and certainly wouldn't be willing to play alongside him for England. They also played at Senrab together right?

Is there a video of that because I've never actually seen it? Surely Ledley wouldn't let it slide though, and certainly wouldn't be willing to play alongside him for England. They also played at Senrab together right?

I don't know about that. What did he say?

Funnily enough the crucial bit of footage is the only bit missing from YouTube, which is convenient isn’t it.

If you google John terry ledley king racist incident you’ll quickly find it, I’m not typing it.

Interesting that the King Terry incident has been raised - on both counts I think something inflammatory has been said given I don’t think I’ve seen either individual react to provocation like that over an extended period of watching them.

Especially Poch. Until a couple of weeks ago he’s never let a referees performance, injuries or scheduling ever be used as an excuse and been very reasonable in the line of repeated questions from journos designed to poke a headline grabbing quote.

My other theory is he’s read my post a few weeks ago, saying he should stop letting referees off the hook by starting to point out their inconsistency when it impacts us which may apply even the tiniest piece of doubt in their mind for the next game...

I would guess that if Mike Dean had done no wrong then the FA would keep him on his assigned duty. To not do that suggests that they can be pushed around by emotional outbursts from managers, which does not set a good precedent.

Absolutely not. Whether or not he has done something wrong, there is a furore anyway. There is doubt about his conduct. There is questioning of his bias/lack thereof.

If they put him on our game and something else questionable happens, what then?

Even if its all completely genuine/by the book the FA have a referee having his integrity and honestly held up in the court of public opinion, and they have a situation where he can basically never be involved with Spurs again because of it (which in turn confirms the prior court ruling!) and its a bloody great mess whichever way you look at it (even if he has done nothing wrong).

Why take the chance?

Instead of just pulling him out of the line of fire for a spell, let it blow over, get back to business as usual.

Its common sense, not an admission of guilt.

That being said, while I dont take him being pulled as an admission of guilt - I am also in no doubt whatsoever he has done something that crosses the line. Ive never seen Poch or our management team react that way, so its not for no reason that they did

I really do wonder what Dean said. Poch is taking the punishment because he is smart enough to know a public war with the refs doesn’t help us, and is a needless distraction, but for him AND Jesus to get as riled up as that, Dean obviously said something. And it’s a shame that we may never know what it was...hopefully Poch gets a more lenient punishment because of it. Like he has kept his councel, and he is tacitly saying he won’t reveal it, but if they punish him harshly anyway, there’s no real reason to hold back.

Absolutely not. Whether or not he has done something wrong, there is a furore anyway. There is doubt about his conduct. There is questioning of his bias/lack thereof.

If they put him on our game and something else questionable happens, what then?

Even if its all completely genuine/by the book the FA have a referee having his integrity and honestly held up in the court of public opinion, and they have a situation where he can basically never be involved with Spurs again because of it (which in turn confirms the prior court ruling!) and its a bloody great mess whichever way you look at it (even if he has done nothing wrong).

Why take the chance?

Instead of just pulling him out of the line of fire for a spell, let it blow over, get back to business as usual.

Its common sense, not an admission of guilt.

That being said, while I dont take him being pulled as an admission of guilt - I am also in no doubt whatsoever he has done something that crosses the line. Ive never seen Poch or our management team react that way, so its not for no reason that they did

Poch has until end of Thursday to appeal (should the club so decide, which they won't). Therefore it makes sense that Dean would be pulled automatically from Wednesday's game due to any possible conflict of interest while the charge against Poch is ongoing. Plus timing wise it's just too close. I would expect the same to happen with any referee due to be involved in a game with a team where there has been a reported incident in the game immediately before. More likely to simply be common practice rather than anything else.

(Not disagreeing that he clearly said something to provoke the reactions from Poch and his staff).

Accepting the charge and refusing to make public what Dean said to him.

All too predictable, I sometimes wish Poch was an arsehole like Klopp or Jose. However, emotion aside, this is probably the right move. Will be interesting if Dean refs us again this season?

Accepting the charge and refusing to make public what Dean said to him.

All too predictable, I sometimes wish Poch was an ******** like Klopp or Jose. However, emotion aside, this is probably the right move. Will be interesting if Dean refs us again this season?

Supposedly Dean has been pulled out of his role midweek, so the FA may not admit it, but they are avoiding it coming up again.

Back