• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Most have gone on to do fcuk all after Spurs. Also just because Poch did OK at Saints,
Avb at Porto, Ramos at Seville, santini at Lyon, doesn't mean they are right for the Tottenham job.

Jol did pretty well with Hamburg and Ajax, but the guy is just not a winner.

AVB's top of the league in Russia.

Gross won numerous Swiss league titles and did well with Stuttgart in Germany.

Ramos had an exceptional, but short run with Real and guided Dnipro to three 4th placed finishes and 2nd place in his last season.

The latter three all saw their career take a serious hit by going to Spurs. There's something inherently wrong with the mentality at the club and it partially stems from the fans.

Ramos had an exceptional, but short run with Real and guided Dnipro to three 4th placed finishes and 2nd place in his last season.

The latter three all saw their career take a serious hit by going to Spurs. There's something inherently wrong with the mentality at the club and it partially stems from the fans.

Avb....mickey mouse league
Gross.....Minnie mouse league
Ramos.....donald duck league

Stop blaming the fans......they have every right to be frustrated.

Nice to know the ****roach fans we have are still with us and are coming out the cracks in the wood right now.

I forget, the Premier League is on a planet of its own. Tactics don't work the same here.

Are you seriously telling me that managing Zenit in Russia, or Dnipro in the Ukraine, or Basel in Switzerland is the same as managing Spurs in the PL????????

I know, why don't we appoint the manager of the best team in Cyprus, surely his tactics will work in the PL too

Is it time to let the kids have a go? Seems half of our players do not give a **** about the club. Dier, Rose, Mason, Kane, Townsend and Lennon all need to play as most of them are Tottenham.

Are you seriously telling me that managing Zenit in Russia, or Dnipro in the Ukraine, or Basel in Switzerland is the same as managing Spurs in the PL????????

I know, why don't we appoint the manager of the best team in Cyprus, surely his tactics will work in the PL too

Wenger managed in Japan before joing Arsenal - there's no set formula to success

Teams from those countries regularly give us trouble when we face them in the EL, so how much worse can they be? You don't think there's pressure in those leagues? That they're somehow much less competitive (not talking about quality, but competition between teams)?

didnt hurt Arsenal when appointing Wenger.

Is it time to let the kids have a go? Seems half of our players do not give a **** about the club. Dier, Rose, Mason, Kane, Townsend and Lennon all need to play as most of them are Tottenham.
I really think Poch will have to go down this route.

I like your thinking. Early campaigning for Giorgos Donis (formerly of Huddersfield Town). You sly old/young fox.

Stop blaming the fans......they have every right to be frustrated.

It's either the fans or the owners. And Jord seemingly won't let himself be caught blaming the owners, despite them being the same owners that 1) sold Ramos' best players from under him and presented to him Pavlyuchenko + the already contracted Bent as replacements, 2) negotiated with Ramos himself behind Jol's back, ultimately sacking him in the most undignified manner possible, and 3) sold the player AVB built his team around, gave him players he didn't want as second-rate replacements for the ones he did want, and totally back-tracked on whatever promises they made to him when they appointed him in the first place.

No, it's the fans at fault. If they'd all offered an extra 500 pounds a season then we might just have been able to back our managers properly, and what right have they to boo and express their displeasure after paying the second-highest season ticket prices in the league and seeing absolutely no similar backing being provided by the owners? They should just keep paying the money that they do, watch as the team of spineless bargain-buys infuriate the coach on the touchline, watch as the owners f*ck over manager after manager without dropping a single cent of their own in the process, and somehow delude themselves that this is 'the right way' to do things, as opposed to City (whose fans pay on average the lowest prices in the league while supporting a club that makes enormous efforts to build relationships with them and while watching a team of superstars excite them every week) or Chelsea's methods.

Well if Levy is telling Poch to pick Ade week in week out then yes Levy has to go

Ade scored today and if we had won 1-0, no one would have batted an eyelid. Our problem today wasn't Ade. And that is coming from someone who sees Ade as a third choice striker.

Anyone wanting success for Spurs would want the same. The problem isn't the manager.

It's not Levy either

It's the sum of everything. We are where we should be. Unfortunately that's not good enough for some, hence the incredibly kneejerking every time we don't destroy the opposition.

Levy got us the squad that Redknapp was able to get CL with, but a better manager would have more with it. Now we're rebuilding and in a year or two we can hope to reach those heights again. Hopefully Poch can come up with better targets than Redknapp and less expensive ones than AVB.

Back