• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The thing is watching today there doesn't appear to be much pattern or system. And i thought that was one thing Poch was all about.

Even when in its early stages and maybe not going right you would still hope to see things that you can see they're working on or been told what to do but for one reason or another aren't coming off yet, but i'm not really seeing that. At least small steps.

Today was regression. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are sh*t. Does that make us sh*tter?

For the first time tonight, look at the league table.......and then tell me what direction you then look at ....up the page or down?

most disappointing thing so far is that poch has had since pre season with this shower of Shiite and apart from the odd 5 minutes of fluidity, we are moving so so so slowly in the direction he wants us to be moving. It feels like AVB all over again but this time with a more attack minded coach.

Big difference is that poch for me won't bottle it like AVB did when it comes to the crunch with Levy questioning where we are headed.

I hope poch has that bit of Argie passion - performances like today's are ones that deserve the 'hairdryer' treatment if any, but he also needs to have a rethink about his style with the current squad as it's just not clicking.

Change it up to make it work or change your style- playing the same way with the same **** players In the pl and expecting a different result?! That way madness and the sack lies.

Come on poch prove the doubters wrong!!!!

I see the ****er fans of Spurs on twitter calling him for sacking. Will they ever learn?What would that achieve? Poch needs to be given time. Will I care if we fail to get European football this year? Not really. As long as by the end of the season I have seen sustained improvement. It's a marathon and not a sprint. Games like this is where Poch learns, he sees whos in it for the long haul and who isn't. He'd have learnt alot more from that 2-1 loss than if we had won that 1-0 and continued to enjoy possession and pepper shots off target.

Right now, we have too many similar players who don't offer much. We lack width because our width is meant to be provided by our full backs and Dier and Naughton aren't those guys. It's why I would like Poch to adapt. Lamela will work on the right with Walker behind him, but not with Dier or Naughton. I think Chadli would. Eriksen had his best games for the club on the left, I'd play him there, have him cause havoc cutting in whilst Rose provides width. Put Lamela central, we've all seen he works better on instinct, with less time in the middle he'll work better, plus its his best position.

Mason has earned his place in midfield but we really need someone next to him and I've defended Capoue on here before but we just need someone different, someone who will offer defensive stability but also have the ability to pass forward and show a will to fight. Now I've only seen him a few times but I think that fits Stambouli. I hope he plays midweek and gets a chance.

I believe in Poch. Why wouldn't I? - He's inherited an average group which has a few standouts. It takes time. Sure, it's annoying losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Brom etc but we can't go about sacking managers because he's team is struggling after 3 months in charge of them. Onwards and upwards.

Whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment. ANy new manager needs time to adapt the team to his style and tactics. For me, why its painful, this season is kind of irrelevant in terms of league positions - priority is to build a team, with a well-honed way of playing and where we play better than the sum of the parts.

The squad isnt bad at all however has some gaping holes, namely a decent CB to partner Verts, a group of CM who compliment each other and ome pace. Poch needs the Jan window and next summer's window to get the players he wants. Cant really judge him til next season if you ask me.

I see the ****er fans of Spurs on twitter calling him for sacking. Will they ever learn?What would that achieve? Poch needs to be given time. Will I care if we fail to get European football this year? Not really. As long as by the end of the season I have seen sustained improvement. It's a marathon and not a sprint. Games like this is where Poch learns, he sees whos in it for the long haul and who isn't. He'd have learnt alot more from that 2-1 loss than if we had won that 1-0 and continued to enjoy possession and pepper shots off target.

Right now, we have too many similar players who don't offer much. We lack width because our width is meant to be provided by our full backs and Dier and Naughton aren't those guys. It's why I would like Poch to adapt. Lamela will work on the right with Walker behind him, but not with Dier or Naughton. I think Chadli would. Eriksen had his best games for the club on the left, I'd play him there, have him cause havoc cutting in whilst Rose provides width. Put Lamela central, we've all seen he works better on instinct, with less time in the middle he'll work better, plus its his best position.

Mason has earned his place in midfield but we really need someone next to him and I've defended Capoue on here before but we just need someone different, someone who will offer defensive stability but also have the ability to pass forward and show a will to fight. Now I've only seen him a few times but I think that fits Stambouli. I hope he plays midweek and gets a chance.

I believe in Poch. Why wouldn't I? - He's inherited an average group which has a few standouts. It takes time. Sure, it's annoying losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Brom etc but we can't go about sacking managers because he's team is struggling after 3 months in charge of them. Onwards and upwards.

I agree.

We are starting from scratch again. Any expectations built up from previous seasons need to be forgotten. The team that has emerged from the Modric/Bale side is poor; and that is our starting point.

We need to back the manager. We just need someone who to stick around longer than five minutes and attempt to see it through. Its a shame we've fallen so far, but we are where we are and have to accept it and get on with it.

Disagree on Capoue, he is a terrible player, ca't believe he is in front of Dembele - also can't believe how shockingly poor our central midfield options are!

Frustration does get the better of us. The defence and lack of cover is the problem. It's easy to blame Poch as he instructs these players but **** was the same under Sherwood and under AVB. It's something that needs to be fixed.

Our results and performances were much better under Sherwood... In fact do you think levy still has Tim's number?

Last edited:
The thing is watching today there doesn't appear to be much pattern or system. And i thought that was one thing Poch was all about.

Even when in its early stages and maybe not going right you would still hope to see things that you can see they're working on or been told what to do but for one reason or another aren't coming off yet, but i'm not really seeing that. At least small steps.

Today was regression. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are sh*t. Does that make us sh*tter?

For the first time tonight, look at the league table.......and then tell me what direction you then look at ....up the page or down?
Down of course....we are 3 points off the bottom and playing rubbish

Pretty much this. However, you seem to have a lot more faith in Poch being given the space and backing to implement his vision by the higher-ups than I do.

most disappointing thing so far is that poch has had since pre season with this shower of Shiite and apart from the odd 5 minutes of fluidity, we are moving so so so slowly in the direction he wants us to be moving. It feels like AVB all over again but this time with a more attack minded coach.

Big difference is that poch for me won't bottle it like AVB did when it comes to the crunch with Levy questioning where we are headed.

I hope poch has that bit of Argie passion - performances like today's are ones that deserve the 'hairdryer' treatment if any, but he also needs to have a rethink about his style with the current squad as it's just not clicking.

Change it up to make it work or change your style- playing the same way with the same **** players In the pl and expecting a different result?! That way madness and the sack lies.

Come on poch prove the doubters wrong!!!!
But is he capable of proving the doubters wrong?

If we are back at square one now, then come the summer when Hugo leaves will be at square "minus one" ?

If we are back at square one now, then come the sumner when Hugo leaves will be at square "minus one" ?

We got fourth with Brad ****ing Friedel in goal.. Vorm or Lloris' replacement will be fine. I'd much rather focus on other positions which are needed. Emirates Marketing Project won the league twice with Joe Hart in goal.

Today unfortunately wasn't a good sign

The comments around Poch having favorite players & no plan B were horribly evident, but the lack of motivation seemed more troubling.
Some here are calling for Poch to be given more time but that is unrealistic because if we are flirting with relegation Levy will do the inevitable.

Today unfortunately wasn't a good sign

The comments around Poch having favorite players & no plan B were horribly evident, but the lack of motivation seemed more troubling.

I don't see that if im honest - hard to judge as a lot of our attacking players are so different from one another. For example putting Lennon/Townsend in ahead of one of the starters would require a re-think of the tactics - same for the forward positions.

Some here are calling for Poch to be given more time but that is unrealistic because if we are flirting with relegation Levy will do the inevitable.

There's obviously a tipping point where patience will lose out to immediate concerns - staring at relegation would force anyones hand at the end of the day

Patience is fine, but Poch had a complete mare today, outwitted by ****ing Pardew

- Easy to say he needs time to get system working, but how about just get the right tempo, whenever Spurs plays "slow" we get in trouble
- Lamela/Chadli is too narrow, too easy to defend against
- Dier had a poor game, no reaction from manager, no sub to add protection
- Why did we play a ****ing DM at home for so long against the barcodes
- Subs were way too late, again a glimpse that Kane/Soldado/Eriksen looks more of a unit, but we give them 10 ****ing minutes?

Too easy an excuse to say we don't have the right balance, we are missing this or that, but the real fact is

- Our squad is way better than the way we play or the results we get, 11 points at this stage is a very poor return.

1) It seems like the players show different levels of commitment in training (high) and on match-day (low). Someone was muttering about this earlier, and I think it's legitimate. If so, there's not much Poch can do to affect the tempo the players play in the immediate future: he could yell at them pre-match and at half-time, but that only leads to about four minutes of high-tempo football, and sometimes not even then (see our doziness for Ameobi's goal).

2) The system relies on the wing-backs bombing down both flanks to send crosses into an overloaded box (With Lamela and Chadli + the striker in there). At present, we're unbalanced because Walker's out and Yedlin's zipping around stateside, but you can see flashes of it working when you watch Rose repeatedly bombing down the outside with acres of space to run into.

3) Yes, Dier had a poor game. Short of moving him into the center and moving Kaboul out wide, there's not much he could have done about that. As for giving him some protection, he was fine for the first half: he went to **** in the second, but that happened so fast that it's difficult for any manager to actively re-orient his side in that time.

4) Did you see us once Capoue went off? Couldn't get the ball off the damn barcodes when they were in our half.

5) This is legitimate.

6)Our squad is woeful. They are in no way 'better than the way we play', they are the reason why we're playing the way we're doing.

Funny how they all do well at other clubs.
Most have gone on to do fcuk all after Spurs. Also just because Poch did OK at Saints,
Avb at Porto, Ramos at Seville, santini at Lyon, doesn't mean they are right for the Tottenham job.

our main problem is that we don't have enough quality players.
That's because we haven't got the money to compete for the the well proven talent, and we don't have the scouting network it seems to find the cheap talent.
The one moment when we really did have the money to move the club on a level player wise, we wasted it on players that turned out be to not good enough (with the exception of Eriksen).

Although we played really dull football under AVB, and Poch's style seems a bit similar. It is difficult to assess a manager unless we know that they have a squad that they are happy with. Both at Southampton and West Ham it is new players that have really made the difference. We need better players a lot more than we need a new manager - and then we can see if we need a new manager as well. (Although Poch isn't helping his cause by paying Ade over Kane, and/or Soldado).

Most have gone on to do fcuk all after Spurs. Also just because Poch did OK at Saints,
Avb at Porto, Ramos at Seville, santini at Lyon, doesn't mean they are right for the Tottenham job.

Who's right for Spurs? What does that even mean?

Back