• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Oh come on, a smile, a clap, just a bit of positive emotion wouldn't have been an overreaction. Why would one man sit emotionless when everyone else is amazed and happy with what they just witnessed.
I'm not against a smile or a clap but it is not something to get worked up about. Managers should be judged on performances and results, not how they celebrate.

So Poch didn't celebrate a goal. I can't believe this is even a discussion. The man is focused on the team performance and knows that shoddy defending is a bigger issue than going mad over a once in a lifetime wonder strike.

Oh come on, a smile, a clap, just a bit of positive emotion wouldn't have been an overreaction. Why would one man sit emotionless when everyone else is amazed and happy with what they just witnessed.

As I said before, probably the majority of those in the stadium had no idea what they had just witnessed. I certainly didn't. Even after two or three replays on the big screen. I just thought it had been a decent right footed shot from the edge of the box. A good goal, maybe, but nothing to wax lyrical about. It was only later that I discovered what had happened.

Quite possible that Poch didn't realise either.

So Poch didn't celebrate a goal. I can't believe this is even a discussion. The man is focused on the team performance and knows that shoddy defending is a bigger issue than going mad over a once in a lifetime wonder strike.

Agreed. Ridiculous discussion.

Hopefully he can get inspired by the Bill Nick tributes at the ground today. Show him what its capable of becoming at our club.

I feel positive about Poch and the start he's made at Spurs. I hope he sees himself as our Wenger and wants to stick around for the long term.

Credit to him for the goal, but ade's first touch has been horrendous . Kabouls decision making too. Poch named them captains, he's got to fix it now.

Need to get some pace into the team Mr Poch. We're crying out for some. None of our 3 CFs are quick. Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli have zero pace. The CMs have no pace. We're too easy to defend against

I'm not against a smile or a clap but it is not something to get worked up about. Managers should be judged on performances and results, not how they celebrate.

Judged on performances and results??????? Well he is on shaky ground there too then )))))

Welcome to tottenham Hotspur poc. Now get your things and **** off. Baffling appointment from the start. Whats gonna happen now is we'll spend nothing in January as levy will be worried about wasting more money and we'll plod on for another 9 mths than no doubt make another strange appointment. And repeat.

I see the ****er fans of Spurs on twitter calling him for sacking. Will they ever learn?What would that achieve? Poch needs to be given time. Will I care if we fail to get European football this year? Not really. As long as by the end of the season I have seen sustained improvement. It's a marathon and not a sprint. Games like this is where Poch learns, he sees whos in it for the long haul and who isn't. He'd have learnt alot more from that 2-1 loss than if we had won that 1-0 and continued to enjoy possession and pepper shots off target.

Right now, we have too many similar players who don't offer much. We lack width because our width is meant to be provided by our full backs and Dier and Naughton aren't those guys. It's why I would like Poch to adapt. Lamela will work on the right with Walker behind him, but not with Dier or Naughton. I think Chadli would. Eriksen had his best games for the club on the left, I'd play him there, have him cause havoc cutting in whilst Rose provides width. Put Lamela central, we've all seen he works better on instinct, with less time in the middle he'll work better, plus its his best position.

Mason has earned his place in midfield but we really need someone next to him and I've defended Capoue on here before but we just need someone different, someone who will offer defensive stability but also have the ability to pass forward and show a will to fight. Now I've only seen him a few times but I think that fits Stambouli. I hope he plays midweek and gets a chance.

I believe in Poch. Why wouldn't I? - He's inherited an average group which has a few standouts. It takes time. Sure, it's annoying losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Brom etc but we can't go about sacking managers because he's team is struggling after 3 months in charge of them. Onwards and upwards.

Admire your attitude Murmon. You are correct. But right now I'm ****ing ****ed off and frustrated. Hate seeing us being the laughing stock of the league and let's be honest we probably are considering our spend vs achievement.

Admire your attitude Murmon. You are correct. But right now I'm ****ing ****ed off and frustrated. Hate seeing us being the laughing stock of the league and let's be honest we probably are considering our spend vs achievement.

Frustration does get the better of us. The defence and lack of cover is the problem. It's easy to blame Poch as he instructs these players but **** was the same under Sherwood and under AVB. It's something that needs to be fixed.

I see the ****er fans of Spurs on twitter calling him for sacking. Will they ever learn?What would that achieve? Poch needs to be given time. Will I care if we fail to get European football this year? Not really. As long as by the end of the season I have seen sustained improvement. It's a marathon and not a sprint. Games like this is where Poch learns, he sees whos in it for the long haul and who isn't. He'd have learnt alot more from that 2-1 loss than if we had won that 1-0 and continued to enjoy possession and pepper shots off target.

Right now, we have too many similar players who don't offer much. We lack width because our width is meant to be provided by our full backs and Dier and Naughton aren't those guys. It's why I would like Poch to adapt. Lamela will work on the right with Walker behind him, but not with Dier or Naughton. I think Chadli would. Eriksen had his best games for the club on the left, I'd play him there, have him cause havoc cutting in whilst Rose provides width. Put Lamela central, we've all seen he works better on instinct, with less time in the middle he'll work better, plus its his best position.

Mason has earned his place in midfield but we really need someone next to him and I've defended Capoue on here before but we just need someone different, someone who will offer defensive stability but also have the ability to pass forward and show a will to fight. Now I've only seen him a few times but I think that fits Stambouli. I hope he plays midweek and gets a chance.

I believe in Poch. Why wouldn't I? - He's inherited an average group which has a few standouts. It takes time. Sure, it's annoying losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Brom etc but we can't go about sacking managers because he's team is struggling after 3 months in charge of them. Onwards and upwards.

Patience is fine, but Poch had a complete mare today, outwitted by ****ing Pardew

- Easy to say he needs time to get system working, but how about just get the right tempo, whenever Spurs plays "slow" we get in trouble
- Lamela/Chadli is too narrow, too easy to defend against
- Dier had a poor game, no reaction from manager, no sub to add protection
- Why did we play a ****ing DM at home for so long against the barcodes
- Subs were way too late, again a glimpse that Kane/Soldado/Eriksen looks more of a unit, but we give them 10 ****ing minutes?

Too easy an excuse to say we don't have the right balance, we are missing this or that, but the real fact is

- Our squad is way better than the way we play or the results we get, 11 points at this stage is a very poor return.

You say games like this is where Poch learns ? Well, Ade has been **** all season so what exactly has Poch learned from that as he not only started him today but kept him on for almost the whole game. By that dame token, Poch has learned nothing from the season so far, so why will today be any different.

Pochettino versus Ramos...you decide...

Would like to say as of yet can not see to much difference between the two.

Also are we able to voluntarily pull out of the Europa League?

When is he gonna learn not to start kaboul and adebayor. When is he gonna learn that dier isn't a right back?

We all know they'll all be playing in the exact same position next league game.

Back